• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I wouldn't give a great chance that Republicans & Dems could agree long enough to get it approved and signed by President Trump.
    Slippery Slope is safe..................

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But CM if we pass a law of the ATF changes a ruling it will make every one feel better and safer.
    Until next time!

There will always be a next time. Those in the seats of power want to maintain this power and seek more. The Fienstiens/polosy's along with all the rest of the girlie men the electorate keeps seated the struggle will never end.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wish sombody would pass a law against mass shootings.
    Heck make it against all murder!

I know you're being funny... but bypassing the NFA with an accessory doesn't fit this analogy...

I don't know what the solution to all of this is... but I know we are on the negative end of it.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Sad fact is we live in a world of sheep following the flock. And a sheepdog looks like a wolf, large teeth big eyes, big claws et all and smells like a carnivore. As far as sheep mentality goes, you get rid of 50% of the problem if you get rid of the sheepdog. And Fella's we have just been blamed for an evil wolf's actions.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sad fact is we live in a world of sheep following the flock. And a sheepdog looks like a wolf, large teeth big eyes, big claws et all and smells like a carnivore. As far as sheep mentality goes, you get rid of 50% of the problem if you get rid of the sheepdog. And Fella's we have just been blamed for an evil wolf's actions.

Wait I thought we were OK with sheepdogs?

[video=youtube;Ar1WygVl_Vg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1WygVl_Vg[/video]

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The next "incedent" will target something else so on and so forth.
    Years ago Like 1977 when I was about 8.
    Guns and Ammo had a one page fictional story about the end of the 2A
    1. A tragedy
    2. Outrage
    3. Weapons outlawed
    4. Turn in program
    5. Mandatory prison

Stuck with me after all those years.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wait I thought we were OK with sheepdogs?

[video=youtube;Ar1WygVl_Vg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1WygVl_Vg[/video]

I like the way it was explained as "We are *****" from "Team America" better. DPA. No links, and don't blame me if you look it up and are offended.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Bump firing is no longer an expensive range trick. Every lunatic in the USA and many of its enemies now know that a bumpfire has value in inflicting fast damage and terror.

A stupid range toy.

It's an automatic weapon by any stretch of the imagination, if you look at the result rather than parsing the words of a specific law.

It should be banned.

As to the boys with the fast fingers in their belt loops, let them stand there and come up against a soldier or LEO (or even some old grumpy vet) who is shooting from cover at 100 yards.

What's the term? "Pull my finger?" OK. Just stand there a minute.

SteelersFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Muncie
    Let's forget about bump stocks and think about other accessories that change the rate of fire. Buffers, buffer springs, lightweight bolt carriers, aftermarket triggers. That's just for ar15s, what about other guns. Can't a Volquartsen or Kidd trigger increase the rate of fire from a 10/22?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've been thinking about this NRA statement a bit and so far I'm not opposed to it. What the final picture is will determine my support or opposition.

First, this is a really, really ugly situation. 59 dead and 500 wounded. This is different from many other mass casualty events in that the people involved were from all over the country. It isn't "just" Newtown or "just" Sandyhook, it is the USA. There will be 59 funerals from California to New York Island. There will be 500 people scarred, wounded, or permanently disabled from many of the 50 states. The point is this isn't just "their" problem politically, it is ours.

As I'm reading the NRA has basically said to the republicans in congress, "We're willing to give you cover on some regulations IF you're willing to give us national reciprocity." As 2018 is coming up many congressmen and senators may not want to look like they're unsympathetic to the victims of a horrible tragedy. They want to look like they're "doing something" to appease the moderates and undecideds, but so far haven't wanted to tick off their base (read: us gun owners.) So now the NRA is willing to try to stand between us and them knowing that their congressional allies may be hurt by doing nothing. Would you be so willing to not give an inch if it means giving the senate or many or seats in the house to the democrats? Is that really worth the risk?

So, what if they decided that to buy a bumpstock you must now pass a form 4473, and in return congress does what the NRA wants to push national reciprocity? Would that be so bad? I wouldn't agree with it, but it would be a very small concession IF we got national reciprocity!

We must remember that so far nothing has been decided upon or agreed to. The only thing the NRA has done has signaled their willingness to play ball IF republicans are willing to play ball. It'll be the lineup that will determine whether this becomes a good deal or bad. For that, we need patience to wait and see.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom