• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    The NRA really REALLY irritates me at times... They ask for donation after donation (Benefactor Member here); however, they NEVER seem to get ANY legislation passed that actually significantly favors us - or at least not anything really good.

National reciprocity, the suppressor reclassification, etc. will NEVER happen with our current batch of 'congress critters'. The Democrats - while nuts - are organized and have proven they'll always walk off a cliff together. The Republicans are more interested in fighting among themselves and trying to make everyone happy they can't govern or even find the cliff!

WTF does the NRA do with all of the money we donate if they can't grease the palms of our 'sticky wheels' in congress and get something for us? Surely they realize that's the only way to get things done in Washington.

While I don't necessarily support bump fire stocks due to the excessive wear and tear they put on firearm components we shouldn't be giving the crazy loons an inch that they're going to turn into a mile of trampling all over our rights again.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Many, here, have shown their true color on this issue.

I keep seeing lines like this, and I'd love to see you clarify what you mean.

I see lines like this in relation to labeling people here as the enemy or opposition. Needless and inaccurate labels put on people because their opinion doesn't go 100% with everyone else.

What true colors are you seeing here? Do you think people that don't find bumpstocks as important as you are anti-gun?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think people can be anti-bumpstock (well, really, bumpstock-neutral) and pro-2A.

Guns are guns.

Accessories are accessories.

There is a difference.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ^^^^This guy gets it! He and I could be friends but as it is, we will at least be fellow Patriots.

Many, here, have shown their true colors on this issue. (It's a pale shade of yellow)

Maybe. I see differing opinions from a group that has been hit from every angle for years.
    We have been lied about, chastised beyond the pale and driven from about every area of life I.E. the gun free zone.
    The misinfo circulates with little resistance. The talking heads are on a attack mode driven agenda.
    Many have been beaten down. That is the plan from on high. beat them senseless. It is succeeding.

Politics. It is a game we need to learn and play better. Thing is the majority of us stand on truth and doing it right. "They" (the enemy) are OK with spin, twisting and just outright misinfo to the mindless sheeple that follow them in lock step. Our forces are getting scattered under this endless assault.

That some are growing weary from this I understand. I may not agree but I understand. Playing their game might get us down the road to the next fight and yes, there is a fight ongoing. We are close on a few wish list items. Things we never should have lost. Then this POS whack job pulls this **** and we are running for cover again. It is getting old.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I keep seeing lines like this, and I'd love to see you clarify what you mean.

I see lines like this in relation to labeling people here as the enemy or opposition. Needless and inaccurate labels put on people because their opinion doesn't go 100% with everyone else.

What true colors are you seeing here? Do you think people that don't find bumpstocks as important as you are anti-gun?

What I am talking about, here, is every person that has posted a comment such as, they (bump stock) are a worthless piece of plastic, range toy, gimmick. The ones that said they are a cheat to get around the NFA regulations, the ones that said they would trade a bump stock for National reciprocity or suppressor. Anyone who has said this is not their hill to die on or they will not fall on their sword for a bump fire stock.
    The ones that can't see past the end of their nose on this issue. The ones that seriously think the Left will compromise with them. The ones that think it will end when the bumpfire stock dies an agonizing death. Until the next mass shooting, when the guy uses strategically placed Tannerite or a 14" Shockwave, non NFA shotgun or a ____________(insert whatever firearm/accessory you wish, here)
    You know, the yellow ones.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What I am talking about, here, is every person that has posted a comment such as, they (bump stock) are a worthless piece of plastic, range toy, gimmick. The ones that said they are a cheat to get around the NFA regulations, the ones that said they would trade a bump stock for National reciprocity or suppressor. Anyone who has said this is not their hill to die on or they will not fall on their sword for a bump fire stock.
    The ones that can't see past the end of their nose on this issue. The ones that seriously think the Left will compromise with them. The ones that think it will end when the bumpfire stock dies an agonizing death. Until the next mass shooting, when the guy uses strategically placed Tannerite or a 14" Shockwave, non NFA shotgun or a ____________(insert whatever firearm/accessory you wish, here)

Easy trigger. We all have opinions as do you.

I will admit that for a moment....a brief moment, I was like minded on letting this go and moving on. Then the emotions cleared away and I looked at my copy of the BOR's and got my head together.

I am not yellow. I seriously doubt a lot who are thinking this way are either. Folks are just getting weary of this. As I stated.......that is the plan.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Ah, that's a shame.

**** is divisive enough. We don't need to eat our own over differing opinions in priorities.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, we are OK with outlawing accessories?

No more holsters would essentially outlaw concealed carry, without needing to outlaw the guns themselves.

Yeah, yeah... "no one would do that". Unless, of course, there is precedent:
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guide-identification-firearms-section-9

This is not about Bump Stocks (for me, at least). It is about the slow and sure erosion. The Left is boiling the frog, and far too many frogs are perfectly OK with it.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Technique? So you're saying you can achieve the same rate of fire from a standard stock on a rifle platform?
    Yes, you can.

I bet with a little practice or addition to the foregrip, you could even be "accurate enough" to get the job done.

[video=youtube;VB1QlHtOWCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB1QlHtOWCQ[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So, we are OK with outlawing accessories?

No more holsters would essentially outlaw concealed carry, without needing to outlaw the guns themselves.

Yeah, yeah... "no one would do that". Unless, of course, there is precedent:
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guide-identification-firearms-section-9

This is not about Bump Stocks (for me, at least). It is about the slow and sure erosion. The Left is boiling the frog, and far too many frogs are perfectly OK with it.

Chip chip chip chip chip.............been ongoing forever so it seems.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think it is important to emphasize that the only "usual" pro-2A group that seems to be ok with straight up banning of bumpstocks without receiving something of value in return is the NRA.

Perhaps an isolated INGOer here or there, but I sense it is more an attitude that if we can trade non-NFA suppressors for bumpstocks, it would be a good deal. Plus, it would likely be a deal we could incrementally walk back at some future date.

Look, if FA wasn't NFA, there'd be no bumpstock market.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think people can be anti-bumpstock (well, really, bumpstock-neutral) and pro-2A.

Guns are guns.

Accessories are accessories.

There is a difference.
    Bayonet lugs, folding stocks, collapsible stocks, shoulder things that go up, detachable magazines, flash suppressor, all are accessories that have been banned at one time(except the shoulder things)...No difference!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm down with banning bubba stocks, if there were a reason to, but there isn't we get nothing in return save an argument over the NEXT item up for bid!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also lots of posts rattling off other accessories, as though they're equal to what the bumpstock does.

Again... slippery slope argument is valid, I won't deny that... but don't pretend the wrong-thinkers here on INGO would be okay with those other items being regulated, too.

Obviously folding stocks, magazines, holsters, blah blah blah... are much higher priority than a recently made cheating device.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Also lots of posts rattling off other accessories, as though they're equal to what the bumpstock does.

Again... slippery slope argument is valid, I won't deny that... but don't pretend the wrong-thinkers here on INGO would be okay with those other items being regulated, too.

Obviously folding stocks, magazines, holsters, blah blah blah... are much higher priority than a recently made cheating device.
    The ATF once classified a peice of string (cheating device) as a freaking machine gun, the slippery slope has already had precedent set. By the way, I've seen a man than can bump from the shoulder and deliver semi accurate fire without slidefire or bump stock, should we ban the technique?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Still confused how it is "cheating" to do something completely legal, and that one could do w/o said device anyway, and "mimics" something (full auto) that should not be illegal in the first place?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The ATF once classified a peice of string (cheating device) as a freaking machine gun, the slippery slope has already had precedent set. By the way, I've seen a man than can bump from the shoulder and deliver semi accurate fire without slidefire or bump stock, should we ban the technique?

I don't think we should ban anything.

Still confused how it is "cheating" to do something completely legal, and that one could do w/o said device anyway, and "mimics" something (full auto) that should not be illegal in the first place?

It shouldn't, but currently... without paperwork and a gun made for it... it is. We, as a community, look bad when we try to beat the system. Gun owners already look bad enough to some people.

Top Bottom