• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Well, I attended this last night. I was extremely surprised, and PLEASED to see between 150-200 folks there for this. Everyone that attended and that filled out their form, gets a free 1 year membership.

The information provided was a solid introduction to the NRA and gun rights. All in all, I was pleased.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    They ought to come to IUSB. Usually about half the people in my classes at the Purdue building carry (just not on campus, since that would get people expelled...)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Still wish I could find a faculty at IUPUI that would take on the "advisor" role for a 2nd amendment organization.

You should go through each department's websites and read the bios of all the faculty...

Pick out half a dozen possibilities and buzz them an inquiry email.

OR find out who the faculty adviser is for the PU club/s...and ask them if they could recommend a contact @ IUPUI. Same with contacting someone at IU...

-J-

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    You should go through each department's websites and read the bios of all the faculty...

Pick out half a dozen possibilities and buzz them an inquiry email.

OR find out who the faculty adviser is for the PU club/s...and ask them if they could recommend a contact @ IUPUI. Same with contacting someone at IU...

-J-
    Yeah, I've talked to a couple professors whom I knew. Neither of them seemed willing to take it on in face of "opposition" from their superiors.

I was also referenced to another professor who works in the criminal justice department and is known to be "pro-gun" and they were also unwilling to take it on, but recommended another point of contact. I tried to contact that reference and didn't receive a reply of any sort. It seems nobody there is willing to take such an endeavor on. :dunno:

It's beginning to look like I'm going to have to start digging further such as your suggestions.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah, I've talked to a couple professors whom I knew. Neither of them seemed willing to take it on in face of "opposition" from their superiors.

I was also referenced to another professor who works in the criminal justice department and is known to be "pro-gun" and they were also unwilling to take it on, but recommended another point of contact. I tried to contact that reference and didn't receive a reply of any sort. It seems nobody there is willing to take such an endeavor on. :dunno:

It's beginning to look like I'm going to have to start digging further such as your suggestions.

Bummer...

I did just randomly pick a few colleges' pages to run through: Doesn't look like there's any space for "personal information" about the faculty on their pages. It may require quite a bit of digging. (I looked through the Law school a bit, the Physics program, and the Geology program - no personal info) And I didn't want to Google anyone to see if there are personal pages out there. Plus, I don't have a dog in the fight. :D

Perhaps the School of Law would be a good place to start. Might be able to discern a "Pro-2A" stance based on their areas of expertise.

I wonder if Kirk and/or Guy may have a contact or two?

-J-

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Bummer...

I did just randomly pick a few colleges' pages to run through: Doesn't look like there's any space for "personal information" about the faculty on their pages. It may require quite a bit of digging. (I looked through the Law school a bit, the Physics program, and the Geology program - no personal info) And I didn't want to Google anyone to see if there are personal pages out there. Plus, I don't have a dog in the fight. :D

Perhaps the School of Law would be a good place to start. Might be able to discern a "Pro-2A" stance based on their areas of expertise.

I wonder if Kirk and/or Guy may have a contact or two?

-J-

IDK, I haven't asked them. I thumbed through the SPEA pages (which handles the criminal justice majors). They do have some bios there. Not many of them seem as though they would be too interested and the ones that might seem so, I know aren't for "citizens having/carrying guns" based on some presentations they've done. :noway:

I also looked through the Organizational Leadership pages, but no bios there.
    I

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Wait to 2013. Mitch Daniels will be available. He's Pro 2A.

INcountryboy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Connersville
    I was also at the event. It was a good program and I was glad to see so many of my fellow Boilermakers there (you can't beat a free one year membership either). I'm also excited to see what the new NRA field office will bring.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I was at a psg meeting I completely forgot about it.

Will it be running again next semester?

Also if you know people at purdue that are pro 2nd amendment, have them team up with young Americans for liberty, they would love to do a 2nd amendment activism event.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Hmm... I am an adjunct instructor at the School of Informatics... what is the role and responsibility? Being only an "adjunct" for the last 5 years I don't exactly have any pull down there. I teach 1 class a semester.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I took the program at CPAC this past year. it was pretty good. Deffinetly geared towards people who are not as informed as a lot of us here and also geared to college kids.

Top Bottom