• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I will see if any of the professors here know any conservative ones at IUPUI.

I will say this. They will NEED to be tenured, and they will have to be a very strong person emotionally, because the attacks on them will be relentless.

We lost a great conservative prof here to MSU.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I will see if any of the professors here know any conservative ones at IUPUI.

I will say this. They will NEED to be tenured, and they will have to be a very strong person emotionally, because the attacks on them will be relentless.

We lost a great conservative prof here to MSU.

Yeah, I've been hunting and contacting....nobody at IUPUI seems willing and able to take it on. Their site says "faculty and staff" are eligible.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yeah, I've been hunting and contacting....nobody at IUPUI seems willing and able to take it on. Their site says "faculty and staff" are eligible.

the STAFF person will have to be VERY ballsy. They are not protected by tenure.

I am only a staff person. But I am going to take some of this on anyway. My department head is a hunter. Or used to be.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    at IUPUI?? or Purdue??

Sorry... that probably would have helped. I am an adjunct prof at the IUPUI School of Informatics.

I see you found that it must be a full-time employee. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. None of my full-time cohorts at the school are pro 2A that I know of.

A good bud of mine (former Marine) is attending the Law School and Kelley School of Biz. I'll ask if he knows any who might be willing to take up the role.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Sorry... that probably would have helped. I am an adjunct prof at the IUPUI School of Informatics.

I see you found that it must be a full-time employee. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. None of my full-time cohorts at the school are pro 2A that I know of.

A good bud of mine (former Marine) is attending the Law School and Kelley School of Biz. I'll ask if he knows any who might be willing to take up the role.
    Awesome! Thanks

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not know if this is possible,

Ascertain the intrest in such a group.

Petition the administration to asign an advisor.

Whomever they asign pro or anti, no problem for them they were asigned.

No problem for you set the agenda.

If they are wishy washy or anti, convert them.

Top Bottom