• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The libs on the left are going bugnuts over this ad so bravo, it's effective. Glad to see some of my membership money going to produce and air this ad.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I completely understand that his kids may be at a higher risk than our kids due to his job. However, his kids are much safer than ours. Why? Because of the armed security. If he were serious about preventing mass shootings then he would have immediately made it legal for and encourage all teachers willing to CC in the classroom.

None of the hoopla he has done today would have saved a single child in Connecticut. However, had some of those teachers been armed at Sandy Hook then the number of deaths would have decreased dramatically. Every one of the adults who died were heroes and rest assured, had even one of them been armed they would have had a clear chance to stop the murderer before he could've inflicted that much harm.

milewis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    One of the house democrats (I can't find the quote now) called the ad "dangerous" and that protecting the Presidents children was a "matter of National security." I don't wish anything bad on the Presidents children, but how is informing the public that his children have armed secret service agents with them dangerous, and what makes them indespensible to the security of this Nation?

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Love how they "abhor" the use of his kids in the commercial, and yet he had 4 kids on the stage with him during his speech. What hypocrasy!!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The hypocrisy of the Liberals Kills Me!

They are upset over the NRA's use of his majesty's kids in a an add. Yet his highness use's kids as props in his new conference. The annotated one use's a child's letter as propaganda.

The NRA has a video game that shoots targets and that is wrong. The liberals have a copy of that video game where you shoot the head of the president of the NRA. Liberals are HYPOCRITES!

So anything the left does is fine, anything the right does is wrong. It is simple elitists behavior.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    It's not just his kids. I suspect the majority of those in congress (on both sides of the aisle) with school aged children send them to private schools with armed security guards. Same is probably true in Indy. I'm thinking whether someone is in government or in the private sector, the very rich send their children to private schools that have their own security guards. I'm okay with that. But, don't be hypocritical about it.

We all know members of congress have their own insurance plans and retirement plans that the rest of us don't have. Obamacare doesn't affect them. Social Security and Medicare cuts don't matter to them. Why should their children's security be any different. Of course they will treat their kids better because they think they are better than us. They are the elite and we are not. Of course they're upset about the add. What gives us the right to question them?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    4 helicopters (Chinooks) full of guns protect his home in Kenwood.

4 helicopters full of guns and ammo landed in Washington Park--Hyde Park, Chicago--and went into his home in Kenwood. It is surrounded by armed Chicago Police, Jersey barriers, cement mixers and Secret Service on roofs with very nice rifles.

4 helicopters worth of guns.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    A+ to the NRA....the media and celebs are having strokes!!!!! Blood is shooting out of their eyes!!!!!! Then barry shows up with kids for political benefits and they all go silent. I hope the GOP balls up like the NRA and starts attacking barry and company.....or better yet, the American people keeps telling barry and company where to stick it.

cTEKs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    101 Lakes
    Saw this for this first time yesterday evening while watching Cam & Company on Sportsman Channel. Personally it caught me by surprise and had to back it up and watch it again. I was like wow, but right on!
    Tonight Cam Edwards discussed it and how it has upset some folks out there. I say good, it got there attention! :)

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yet so many disapprove of this add and are upset about it. Lol

That's not really a "lol" to me actually. I don't want the NRA to preach to the choir...I wish they would learn some PR and spend some of my money a bit more effectively. I get that they need to rally the base and all, but a better attempt to win the public opinion battle wouldn't hurt. Individuals on youtube have outclassed the NRA in response to the Newton tragedy, it's kind of sad really.

jefalatho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    The ad did not show any images of his children. The ad did not use the names of his children. It did not show an image of their school. It did not display the name of their school. It sure as hell didn't show where the school was on a map. So what's the beef? He had other people's kids on the stage with him today. Freakin hypocrites.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    That's not really a "lol" to me actually. I don't want the NRA to preach to the choir...I wish they would learn some PR and spend some of my money a bit more effectively. I get that they need to rally the base and all, but a better attempt to win the public opinion battle wouldn't hurt. Individuals on youtube have outclassed the NRA in response to the Newton tragedy, it's kind of sad really.

I completely agree with this. For years I have wished they would try to win the hearts and minds of the middle of the road Americans. Focus on gun safety programs, the NRA instructional programs, educating the population about different guns and what they are used for. Perceived direct attacks on the POTUS won't change any minds.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Guys, I'm not sure why this video wouldn't persuade somebody outside the choir to rethink the wisdom of gun control.

Why should someone that decides to send their kids to public (or private) schools be resigned to the fact their children shouldn't be allowed the similar protection to that of the president's kids? Admittedly, his kids are a much greater target than some kid of an engineer in Mitchell, IN. But if the parents of my school decide they want to provide commensurate protection as the president's, they should have that right. In my opinion, that is the point of the NRA's commercial.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Not saying that I disagree with the content of the ad and the sentiment it represents. But I work in an industry with a LOT of middle of the road dems and they do not have the same viewpoint we do.

Just saying I would like to have the NRA rise above the petty tactics being used by the anti2A crowd. Elevate the message, educate the masses, and focus on the positive things we all stand for. Don't make it about "them."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not saying that I disagree with the content of the ad and the sentiment it represents. But I work in an industry with a LOT of middle of the road dems and they do not have the same viewpoint we do.

Just saying I would like to have the NRA rise above the petty tactics being used by the anti2A crowd. Elevate the message, educate the masses, and focus on the positive things we all stand for. Don't make it about "them."

Not sure how I see this as a Liberal/Conservative, Republicrat/Democran message.

It's elite vs us.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

This is just one ad. If the NRA goes on to create one after the other ad, one snarkier than the next, I would agree. To point out the hypocrisy in showing that you will not be allowed the same rights and privileges as our employees is not bad. As mentioned earlier, if the Obama supporters are exercised about this, it probably means they find it a threat.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I personally promote the NRA a lot for their excellent safety and training classes to anyone new or interested in guns. I like the ad. It's to the point and makes the case. Well done NRA.

Top Bottom