• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yes, the school that President Obama's children attend have armed guards, but those guards would be there even if the President's children weren't. I'm sure there are children of other high-profile people in that school, so they are protected. However, Obama's children have Secret Service with them, so I'm sure they could attend one of the schools down the street from the White House. If they attended one of those schools their very presence would inspire those children to stay in school; not drop out and seek higher education. So, why doesn't he send his children to the 'hood to go to school? It's not like they would not be safe. It would be a very good move to support the futures of the children of D.C.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yes, the school that President Obama's children attend have armed guards, but those guards would be there even if the President's children weren't. I'm sure there are children of other high-profile people in that school, so they are protected. However, Obama's children have Secret Service with them, so I'm sure they could attend one of the schools down the street from the White House. If they attended one of those schools their very presence would inspire those children to stay in school; not drop out and seek higher education. So, why doesn't he send his children to the 'hood to go to school? It's not like they would not be safe. It would be a very good move to support the futures of the children of D.C.

Another excellent point.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    the entire nation's children are not as important as one man's children, thats what i understand from all this.

read this as - your children are not important unless they're victims.
    my father was a local politician. the closest thing we had to armed guards in our rural indiana school was the shotguns the good ol' boys kept in our trucks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I think the ad is great. Sometimes you have to take it to them instead of always being on the defensive. The left seems to get to slide by all to often with their hypocrisy. I would like to see some future ads with a positive theme. They need one to champion "America's Rifle," the AR15. Throw it in a positive light. Allow the public to see people enjoying them without a crazy pundit screaming scary black gun.
    Hog hunter from Texas.
    Deer hunter from Indiana.
    Varmint hunter from wherever.
    Someone with self-protection in mind.
    Familiarize it.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Never in my 40 hears have i seen the Left this angry. And the funny thing is that the ad is nothing but already known facts. What the left hates is that the low information voters will pay attention to this ad. They hate that it is simple and effective.

Comments I've read include: NRA is worse than Al Quaeda, The NRA should be bombed by drones, NRA is full of old white Republicans who are racists, Republicans and the NRA will never survive the permanent image problems they've created (being terrorists and racists and all), etc.

The left has no tact. They are far worse than hypocrites. They NEVER stop attacking our great American constitution, and instead of defending the Constitution, from now on we should attack them directly. This ad is the first of what I hope will be decades of attacks on the left!!!!!!!

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D. House Minority Leader) comments on this ad, "The President's kids have Protection because of National Security."

So.... The protection of our kids is not a matter of National Security? I thought National Security is the protection of ALL Americans. That's why it is call NATIONAL and not PRESIDENTAL.

Stupid chick just needs to crawl back into her hole.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I completely agree with this. For years I have wished they would try to win the hearts and minds of the middle of the road Americans. Focus on gun safety programs, the NRA instructional programs, educating the population about different guns and what they are used for. Perceived direct attacks on the POTUS won't change any minds.

The NRA and other organizations have not done well with this at all. The antis have set up gun control research centers at many major universities, Johns Hopkins, Emory, the VPC etc all funded by gun control money. There isn't anything comparable to fight these Centers. There's a lot of good positive research that could be done that wouldn't even have to be manipulated like a lot of these Center's do. We need to invest some of the foundation money into not only fighting but promoting our own research. The NSSF actually does a good job of showing the positive aspects of shooting but they are a small organization.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think the ad is great. Sometimes you have to take it to them instead of always being on the defensive. The left seems to get to slide by all to often with their hypocrisy. I would like to see some future ads with a positive theme. They need one to champion "America's Rifle," the AR15. Throw it in a positive light. Allow the public to see people enjoying them without a crazy pundit screaming scary black gun.
    Hog hunter from Texas.
    Deer hunter from Indiana.
    Varmint hunter from wherever.
    Someone with self-protection in mind.
    Familiarize it.

This would be a very easy to do and powerful promo.

Top Bottom