• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ok, so they've noticed that we've noticed and are wondering what they're up to, so they put out some articles to try to knock the wind out of our sails. Did you notice how they didn't mention the 1.6 billion round contract?

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Sorry, I am still not delighted that every alphabet soup federal agency has its own armed forces. Most of them shouldn't exist in the first place, let alone have their own departmental armies.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Sorry, I am still not delighted that every alphabet soup federal agency has its own armed forces. Most of them shouldn't exist in the first place, let alone have their own departmental armies.

they don't that's the point here. the ammo is simply bought up to cause what is happening now.
    No IRS agent is even allowed to be armed, this is a law, they cannot carry while on duty PERIOD.
    So why does the IRS need billions of rounds of 40 S&W and .223 when none of their employees is even allowed to carry a gun of any kind? :dunno:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    they don't that's the point here. the ammo is simply bought up to cause what is happening now.
    No IRS agent is even allowed to be armed, this is a law, they cannot carry while on duty PERIOD.
    So why does the IRS need billions of rounds of 40 S&W and .223 when none of their employees is even allowed to carry a gun of any kind? :dunno:
    The IRS does have an armed enforcement branch, watched a special on it 5 or 10 years ago... Looked into it myself after that point and verified it.

Can't remember what they call it, I'll see if I can find it.

Yeah, I can't find it - but I know it exists... My searches are too filled with Obamacare crap uggh. If I come across it I'll come back and update my post.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    The IRS Special Agents are armed. Internal Revenue Manual - 9.1.4 Criminal Investigation Directives
    9.1.4.3 (08-23-2012)
    Directive No. 1- Enforcement Operations

1. In accordance with the CI Mission, CI employees will execute their law enforcement responsibilities by continually assessing potential risks to the public, the investigating agents, and the subjects concerned, as well as the probable impact of their enforcement activities on the image of the IRS.
    2. All levels of CI's management must ensure that every enforcement operation is effectively planned, that special agents are adequately trained and equipped to safely accomplish required law enforcement tasks, and that risks are continually assessed throughout an operation. Upon completion, all operations must be reviewed for effectiveness.
    3. All special agents are expected to maintain an appropriate level of physical fitness, weapons proficiency, and use of force skills to effectively and safely carry out their duties and responsibilities.
    4. The Special Agent in Charge (SAC) must ensure, on a quarterly basis, that all special agents under their supervision are trained, equipped, and qualified to participate in law enforcement activities. This includes firearms training, integrated use of force training, and other appropriate enforcement training to meet local enforcement needs. The NCITA will provide guidance in the development and delivery of each field office's enforcement training objectives which will be subject to Headquarters (HQ) review.
    5. The SAC may authorize the deployment of shotguns, rifles, ballistic shields and breaching equipment on any enforcement operation to ensure the safety of special agents, other law enforcement officers and the general public. The manner in which these enforcement tools are deployed, is at the discretion of the SAC and should be determined during the pre-operational meeting.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    As has been mentioned before on this forum, those really large ammo numbers are on contracts that are MULTI-YEAR contracts and to get the really large numbers you have to total all of the years of orders. Several of them are spread out over 5 years.

I still think they have way too much $ to throw around but the ammo numbers may not be as exaggerated as they seem at first considering the years involved, sheer numbers of armed officers and routine practice rounds.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I still think it's more ammo that they will need as well and I can't see it as a defendable purchase but then this is a matter of opinion.
    No other administration has needed this much ammo to run these departments before, what's he up to?

I am not wishing to comment further, sorry. I do appreciate being brought up to speed on the IRS though.

Top Bottom