• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    What is Que supposed to do with the R.E.M. song? Is he supposed to cue it? Is that really his job? Are you at least gonna let him watch the movie with you? Does he have to bring his own popcorn if he does?

Que , cue , kuu , whatever ya know what I's aimin for !

It would require air bursts at a certain height directly above the US. South Pole would not work as there is no line of sight. North Pole would not work either.

I can't find the report now but I remember a big deal was being made about one of the poles because of the lack anti missile defense in that area .

Some thinks on here think they ( NK ) can't do it or won't do it but to me it seems like there are plenty of educated folks out there " in the know " , that seem to think it's entirely possible that they ( NK ) have the capability and might have practiced for it .

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    OK after reading this I wondered if the smart guns were more commonplace and an EMP happened would that then knock out a majority of those guns. Before you wonder about me, no I am not a member of the tinfoil battalion nor do I even think that this is something to "worry" about it was just the first question that popped into my head (and actually made the voices quite down for a second :D )

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Que , cue , kuu , whatever ya know what I's aimin for !

I can't find the report now but I remember a big deal was being made about one of the poles because of the lack anti missile defense in that area .

Some thinks on here think they ( NK ) can't do it or won't do it but to me it seems like there are plenty of educated folks out there " in the know " , that seem to think it's entirely possible that they ( NK ) have the capability and might have practiced for it .

All our early warning capabilities are directed at the Arctic Circle, since the USSR was the big threat when the DEW Line was constructed. Assuming a ballistic missile with enough range, an attack over the Antarctic would be harder to detect. Of course, most of our nuclear-capable enemies are in the northern hemisphere.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, but that arctic defense is not against missiles that detonate over the north pole, but of missiles that merely transit the north pole on their way to Wichita, Kansas. As mentioned, detonating an EMP device over the pole will just give a really spiffy light show and nothing more. You have to get that sucker a specific height (right layer of atmosphere) directly over the target (CONUS). I believe it's actually governed by distance under the ionosphere to use it as a concentrating dish reflector.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Look up "Operation Starfish" on Wikipedia. ...250 miles up. Damaged electric circuits 800mi. away. As much as 1st deep at over ranges. It would hurt us more than the commies, that's for sure.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look up "Operation Starfish" on Wikipedia. ...250 miles up. Damaged electric circuits 800mi. away. As much as 1st deep at over ranges. It would hurt us more than the commies, that's for sure.
    My decoder ring must be busted, can I get some help here? And there is no "Operation Starfish" article on WP. Did you mean this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfish_Prime

diablo750

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Middletown
    I have prepped for possible nuclear disaster by buying potassium iodide tables and seychelle radiological filters (RADIOLOGICAL Drinking Straw - Radiological by Seychelle Environmental). Im still not completely sure these filters are different than any others. Other than a good respirator or a fallout shelter I'm not sure there is much more I can do. I watched a few videos and would likely retreat into an interior room and pile as much crap as possible around us to try and avoid some exposure. If anyone else has and good idea, id be interested to hear them.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Houses are not air tight. If your concern is airborne contamination, you'll need caulking/sealing materials, plastic sheeting, and lots of duct tape. If it is possible, keep a positive pressure in the house compared to outside.
    In the event of nuclear fallout, if your best option is bunkering in place, retreat to lowest area of the house and inside a room with the most shielding. If you have water stored up, use the jugs/barrels to line the walls. Take one of those Iodine tablets as soon as possible. This prevents a more unstable and more radioactive iodine particulate from taking residence in your body. You probably shouldn't use those for more than a week before you start slowly poisoning yourself with them.

All doorways, windows, piping entrances/exits, ventillation ports, etc, will need to be sealed as well as possible. Do this now. If nothing else, it'll help in the winter for keeping heat in. And for the summer, keeping the AC in.
    In the event of fallout, seal everything with duct tape. For windows, doors, seal with tape, put a plastic sheet on the inside and seal again. Place plastic up in the doorways of each room, and seal when not being moved through.

And yes, I am INGO's resident nuclear expert.

If you have time to travel, you may be better off getting out of dodge. But nuke blast will make travel extremely slow. Not to mention the chaos that would ensue.

Coumtryflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Indianapolis
    So much fun reading threads like this one. Everything from the tinfoil hat crowd to the "eh, couldn't do anything about it anyway" to the pseudo intellectual analysis. Love it all, and it's a big part of why this forum is so interesting, and why I waste so much time here every day.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Am I the tin-foil hat or the pseudo-intellectual? Can I be both? How about a tin-foil hat wearing intellectual?

Top Bottom