• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diablo750

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Middletown
    All the news about north korea and iran lately have left me thinking about prepping for an atomic disaster. Sadly I know little. I doubt ill have the funds to sheild myself from radiation but if anyone has researched in this area advice would be appreciated. The only thing ive seen browsing around were some iodine tablets said to fill up you thyroid glad with clean iodine to prevent you from absorbing radioactive iodine which causes thyroid cancer. Specificly the info I would be interested in are good sound products that will help and time frames/techniques to avoid exposure.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    If they were to nuke like the Soviets were planning to nuke, we as Hoosiers would be screwed. You've got Ft. Knox's gold, Chicago, and Detroit that may or may not get nuked. We are in-between all of that. Unless someone was very wealthy and could buy the proper stuff you aren't going to be able to survive for long here with all the fallout. If they can only squeeze one nuke out they'd probably hit a real important target like DC or the coastline. If that happened we'd be less screwed and iodine tablets would be a smarter investment.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Dirt is your friend... Stay low, seal everything off from the outside and let the dirt absorb the rads for you.

There are a lot of books that you can read. Pulling Through by Dean Ing has a lot of info to get. It is a sci-fi book, but he knows his stuff.

Air filtration would be an important thing. You can still get NBC masks and suits, but you will need something for while you are inside.

Make sure that you are doing the standard prepping (food, water, shelter, etc.) and slowly learn how to protect yourself from the radiation. If it was a close hit you won't care anyhow.

I know that when Grissom AFB in Peru was still active it was a big target for the Ruskies. It is all but gone now.

Top Bottom