• ...and so much more!
  • Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    Hello all,
    New to the board here, first time poster. Just wondering if anyone else has seen any of the Nutnfancy youtube channel videos and what your opinion is on his reviews of things, preparedness videos, etc. He has some excellent first aid kit videos.

kungfupipe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Greencastle
    nutnfancy

i find his post to be very informative and accurate. i really liked the one he did on diy duracoat. it actually gave enough confidence to want to do it myself. i look forward to more informative posts by nutnfancy.:rockwoot:

floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Since you asked...
    I like his reviews a lot, but I think he rambles on too much sometimes. I sound like I'm complaining, but I think I've probably watched almost all his videos. His duracoat video was cool, I liked how he showed the process of preparing, doing knives, guns, parts, etc.
    He does a nice job, but to echo: He sure can talk.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    IMO, the "dude" is a bit of a flake. Some of his tabletop reviews are OK, but his range/field reports leave a lot to be desired.

I agree. I also think his voice has a slightly irritating tone. I generally like his tabletop reviews though as they at least offer some points to consider. I believe that his motives are genuine and that he believes he is offering a service to others and for that -----> :yesway: :yesway:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Since you asked...
    I like his reviews a lot, but I think he rambles on too much sometimes. I sound like I'm complaining, but I think I've probably watched almost all his videos. His duracoat video was cool, I liked how he showed the process of preparing, doing knives, guns, parts, etc.
    He does a nice job, but to echo: He sure can talk.

I agree, I like his stuff too, but sometimes he goes on and on :D

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    For sure. But OTOH, I also think that as he's gotten more viewers/followers over time, he has started to believe his own hype and the quality of his reviews has suffered for it.

Dude.

:):

Dude! nutnfancy has to have a reason to break out all his tacticool gear and take pics of himself! :D

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I like his stuff in general and agree sometimes and disagree sometimes. I like that he has a standardized system for review so you know each time what everything is being compared against. Most youtube reviewers don't get that simple concept of consistency.

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I like his stuff in general and agree sometimes and disagree sometimes.

Anytime I get a chance to review video of someone firing a handgun, that's hard data in my book, particularly in regards to recoil, casing eject & any malfunctions that make it in the video clip.

I've followed him for only a little while. I like that he's eager to share what he knows.

And I've noticed that while he interviews vendors, he makes it a point to speak up on product shortcomings.

He may have room to grow, but he's no booty-kisser.

I agree that he could benefit from abbreviating most of his clips-- if it's not video of him blasting caps, I typically watch just over 60 seconds of it.

Whatever he is, he's consistent & I respect that.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I like what he is trying to do, which to me is to get a body of information out on the web to aid in choosing the kind of gear he covers. No other youtuber that I have found has as much info on their pages about so many different brands and types of gear as he does.

For those that want to nitpick his vids, I am always eager and willing to see other people's videos of them showing us some of their Uber-mad SAS/SEALS/Marine Recon/Delta Force operator :mallninja:skills.

I've got the popcorn ready to go... :popcorn:

I find him entertaining *because* of his quirks! If I want to see super-smooth plasti-people, I can watch CNN. He's not a video pro, and I like his channel because of that... Try to make a video of yourselves without looking/sounding like a dork, and with no mistakes, verbal gaffs, repeating yourself, odd speech patterns/mannerisms, etc. It is harder than it looks, Dudes! ;)

I am currently working on/learning my software (Adobe CS4 suite) to make and post videos about Japanese swords, Iaido, the warrior culture/mindset of the Samurai, Japanese culture, etc. and to try and share/pass on what little info I can about these topics in the hope that maybe someone may learn something they wouldn't have otherwise known. But of course for every person willing to stand up and put themselves out there, there are a hundred keyboard commandos ready to cut you right back down...but (sadly) it comes with the territory of trying to share knowledge/experiences/opinions/philosophies etc on the interwebs.

No one's perfect, and along with the word "Dude", Nutnfancy has repeatedly said he is not claiming to be THE Tactical Guru, just a guy that likes to shoot (I'm onboard with the no apparent eye/ear protection = :nono: ) and is willing to share his take on things. If I think a particular youtuber is bogus, I usually choose the wild and completely insane option of...maybe...not watching?? :dunno: :scratch:

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hm.

Just watched the first 3 minutes of the clip where the idea was to Duracoat a .22 rifle.

If nutn wants complete legitimacy, he should consider editing out most of the horseplay. And metrosexual banter.

Hadn't seen clips with conduct like that prior to my earlier post.

Want to offer that caveat.

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    Wow, great to see the opinions from everyone.So far I love all the info on this board. Besides the first aid kit videos, I really like the fact that he makes a point of VALUE in his review. Too often the argument is gun "A" is way better than gun"B" for soley design and function issues, but fail to take in to account the price, which for me is important since I am not independently wealthy.

I also respect anyone who has applicable military experience, thusly field experience to bring to the table.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I can't say Nutnfancy is any more qualified than MilSpecMonkey to do reviews and such, but I give them both credit because they at least get people looking at gear and thinking about being prepared.

I wish there were more Vets like [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCndaSaDIBM"]Dave Canterbury [/ame]on youtube teaching survival skills and so forth. Even James Yeager is starting to do more in that regards.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Along with some others on here, I also like his weirdness. Yeah he does ramble sometimes, but he goes in depth. I like that because I want to know what I'm getting when I buy a handgun. I also like that he compares it to other guns, and that he's honest about which he thinks is better.

Top Bottom