• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    What bolt racker is that in the first picture?

I made the racker from a 5mm allen screw. I machined off the "ears" on the bolt, then drilled & tapped for the screw, then cut the head off the screw. All the other bolt rackers I've seen for these guns are so big & bulky. This setup didn't add any weight to the bolt after I machined off the extra material on the bolt. Drilling & tapping it was a *****. I'm sure the bolt is hardened & I thought I was gonna break a tap off in the bolt with every turn of the tap handle. :eek:

ChadwickR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Crown Point
    Pete I see you are a fan of the pac lite uppers. Those are some fine looking pieces of machinery. Those pics actually gave me some ideas, Thanks!

ChadwickR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Crown Point
    So I've been searching for ruger 22/45 holsters that could be used in steel challenges, not the easiest thing in the world to do. Especially when I have to see how it feels through my screen, aka if I want to see if it works, I have to buy it. Long story short, my buddy actually custom makes Kydex holsters. So for those of you in need, boom. Kydex Holster for A Ruger 22 45 | eBay
    I think my 22 is ready, next I'm going to have him do some stipling on my glock 17 and make a holster for that as well. He also has a facebook page called ONE STEP NORTH, in case there is something special you want.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Hobart
    RePete is awesome and has taught me so much. I started at a steel plate challenge at npccc with his help and he rocks. He is an awesome shooter and teacher and one day I hope to be that fast and accurate. He changed out and added stuff to my ruger mark 111 and it looks and shoots bad ass. Great guy to know :-)

Top Bottom