• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J480

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    Griffith IN
    From Griffith Police Department facebook page: COMMUNITY ALERT: Armed robberies were committed in residential areas of the communities of Dyer and Schererville last night. Preliminary reports are that the suspects are two African-American males who approached their victims as they were exiting their vehicles upon their return home. Please be observant and report any suspicious vehicles or subjects that you observe in your neighborhood! We rather respond to a “false alarm” than an actual incident.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Wow, few years back , they had a group of men who would follow older people at the south lake mall around Christmas time. Then follow them home and rob them! Happened to a elderly neighbor of ours in Hobart. Scary stuff!

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    interesting... my dog woke us up at 4 am this morning while 4 males walked down the street in dark clothing. I'm pretty sure they got in a newer malibu on a side street and left.

J480

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    Griffith IN
    rp8- perhaps this is crime overflow from good old illannoy? given the current ltch's passing 500,000 active permits in Indiana(including myself) sooner or later these dirt bags will find the wrong "victim"...heads on a swivel and watch your 6 folks. I had what all I could describe was a potential hold up outside my place a few weeks ago. 3 African americans ,one hiding bhindg the garbage area of my apartment,and 2 in front of me before I knew it they were right next to me. I knew there wasn't something right about the garbage(usually large sized raccoons and cats jump out) so I slowed down,and saw him first,then the other 2. the guy hiding behind the garbage stopped quickly after he saw the S&w on my side. he let his friends know quite loudly that I was carrying. they didn't move any more closer to me. If it wasn't what I think it was,there is still no way they were just hanging out in the dark at 3 am by parked cars and hiding behind a garbage.

rp8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Highland, Indiana
    rp8- perhaps this is crime overflow from good old illannoy? given the current ltch's passing 500,000 active permits in Indiana(including myself) sooner or later these dirt bags will find the wrong "victim"...heads on a swivel and watch your 6 folks. I had what all I could describe was a potential hold up outside my place a few weeks ago. 3 African americans ,one hiding bhindg the garbage area of my apartment,and 2 in front of me before I knew it they were right next to me. I knew there wasn't something right about the garbage(usually large sized raccoons and cats jump out) so I slowed down,and saw him first,then the other 2. the guy hiding behind the garbage stopped quickly after he saw the S&w on my side. he let his friends know quite loudly that I was carrying. they didn't move any more closer to me. If it wasn't what I think it was,there is still no way they were just hanging out in the dark at 3 am by parked cars and hiding behind a garbage.

I think there alot of factors. Lake County is vastly different that most other regions of Indiana. The far north part of the county contains cities that have suffered many years of economic hardships. Many of the older folks and their families that originally came to the region (specifically East Chicago and Gary) for jobs, have since moved to more southern parts of the county. As a result property values decreased in these cities, resulting in more crime. That crime then eventually works its way to more economically well off communities.

Second, this is mostly speculation on my part, but having 4 expressway entrance ramps in just a 5 or 6 mile stretch (Calumet, 41, Kennedy, Cline Ave), gives criminals an easy get away.

Third, I think it would be fair to say that the tearing down of Chicago's projects has certainly had a large impact on the area. Starting in prior well off middle class communities of South Holland and Lansing and working its way over the Indiana border.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What makes me mad is, I live in Schererville, and I had to hear about this from Griffith...

that is common around here espeicially from highland on down to st john. when crime occurs in griffith we dont hear about it from the gpd instead highland or schereville will report it and vise versa.

the only ones that do report their crime are ec, hammond and gary but not all of them either.

Top Bottom