• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I get letters from NIPSCO saying the same thing. But I know why I get them!!!

So you can get matching bruises on the other side of your body?

By the middle of the day I was making it down without falling (most the time). I'd like to get back to a time where I could actually ride and enjoy myself.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I get those emails that tell me that I'm using more energy than all my neighbors, and I don't know why.

I was number 6 on the lost as most efficient. It's funny because in summer I'm number 3 on the list as least efficient. Lol, I like it cold. In the winter my house never goes over 65, I'm usually set at 62. In the summer I never go above 68, I'm usually set at 65.

I currently have a $758 credit on my nipsco bill.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I was number 6 on the lost as most efficient. It's funny because in summer I'm number 3 on the list as least efficient. Lol, I like it cold. In the winter my house never goes over 65, I'm usually set at 62. In the summer I never go above 68, I'm usually set at 65.

I currently have a $758 credit on my nipsco bill.
    Cool in the summer, warm in the winter. Oh and I keep the pool at roughly 92 degrees in the summer so its like swimming in a warm bath tub!

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Cool in the summer, warm in the winter. Oh and I keep the pool at roughly 92 degrees in the summer so its like swimming in a warm bath tub!

Thats the only way to have a pool. I think I might get a hot tub this year, been toying with the idea. But I think the thought of having one is better then actually having one.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI

92 is on the high end of tolerable for me unless it's chilly out. When I lived in Sacramento, my mom used to keep the solar cover on the pool all the time when someone wasn't swimming, and the pool got direct sunlight all day. The Sacramento sun is intense, so it would hover around 100 degrees for the entire summer. That's a disgusting feeling if you're trying to cool off from being in the 110+ heat that's standard there.

The only time it was nice was at night. That area had the most pleasant nights of any place I've ever lived. Mid-to-upper 70s, clear, no humidity. That was the only time I could ever stand swimming. The best part was that it was so clear pretty much all summer that you could lay on a raft in the pool with the lights off and look at the most amazing view of the stars. You were guaranteed to see at least 5 meteors per hour, could see all the constellations and the milky way in incredible detail. Only drawback was that rattlesnakes got into the pool regularly and couldn't get out, and those bastards can really swim and tend to be real pissed about being in water. You just had to learn to check the pool before getting in, and make sure to kill all the snakes beforehand.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I get those emails that tell me that I'm using more energy than all my neighbors, and I don't know why.

Always wonder how accurate/truthful those are.

Installed insulation in my walls and attic, still use more.
    Replaced all my windows, wrapped the house, and installed foam insulated siding. Still use more.

Keep the house at 63 at night, 65 during the day during the winter and 76 at night, 78 during the day in summer unless windows can be open.

Our average winter NIPSCO bill went from 6-700 the first year to 3-500 the second, now down to 200-300

Last edited:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    The numbers most utilities use are arbitrary. The bill generating applications have a range built into them that decides whether you're efficient, average, or wasteful. It's not a "live" representation (I.e. a comparison to what everyone else actually used during the same period), but rather a predetermined number based on aggregate usage in a large service area during a sample period.

Some utilities just make it up entirely.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Only if your shoulder and back aren't screaming in pain and your migraine headache isn't trying to participate in the whole experience...

Just saying...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom