• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Lack of bathing? Is there a gun show I don't know about?

Chimneys are not rocket science. You can look up a chimney with a mirror in the daylight to check for an obstruction. Also, hold a flame up to the opening to make sure you have enough stack effect (air is sucking up and out the chimney). Or, with the water heater running, hold a mirror under the draft hood and see if it fogs up.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ericwp, there isn't any access to the inside of the chimney unless I pull the duct work out of the chimney where the water heater or furnace ducts into it or get on the roof and look down it... Early 1940's construction I do believe...

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I'm sorry, this is INGO. Perhaps your questions would be better posed here: HVAC-Talk: Heating, Air & Refrigeration Discussion
    :stickpoke:
    Correct!
    This is the NWI General Post thread on INGO, where we have the likes of pinky, south of the river bubbas that post "oh ok", some weird guy with a camera who always hurts, and a whole host of other unsavory characters. :stickpoke:
    We talk about LEGOS, ***** about our jobs, water heaters, and guys who like to eat alone.
    I thought that maybe, just maybe somebody around here would be able to answer my questions. :)

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Correct!
    This is the NWI General Post thread on INGO, where we have the likes of pinky, south of the river bubbas that post "oh ok", some weird guy with a camera who always hurts, and a whole host of other unsavory characters. :stickpoke:
    We talk about LEGOS, ***** about our jobs, water heaters, and guys who like to eat alone.
    I thought that maybe, just maybe somebody around here would be able to answer my questions. :)

I like turtles

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Crown Point, IN - Rottweiler/Shepherd (Unknown Type) Mix. Meet Melvin a Dog for Adoption.
    149514620.jpg

I need to get off my duff and finally clear the living room.
    I think I found a dog.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    well I got back home and now it is worst...

I have no water at all in the kitchen and no cold water on the hot side any where now... I guess at this point I'll wait to get the next guy over here to see if there is something in the chimney or not and then try to figure out what the last plumbing guy did... I put that new carbon monoxide sensor over by the furnace and now non working water heater and so far no alarms...

You know I just wanted hot running water... not like I was asking for something from the rocket science department... I'm guessing by the end of this I'll be watching some youtube video's to figure out this whole plumbing thing and the furnace and so on so on etc......

Therese, don't let anyone into your house or it may never be the same.... Don't care what moniker they got on their shirt... Just saying...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom