• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I had a small "incident" with a brick tossed by some yuts.
    20150918_225434_zpsx8x0v8q1.jpg
    Have you been watching the movie My Cousin Vinnie? Yuts. :laugh:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Bulletsmith that is what were talking about but it looks like they only have some boxes left now....

Sooooo waders were required today but boy was it warm...

This was the maiden voyage for the GBL in 45-70 and my shoulder only lasted about 20 rounds. The 325 Hornady stuff wasn't too bad but the Remington 405 grain stuff and those bear loads have me in contact with a guy that installs breaks on these lever guns... Being a Remlin I wasn't sure what to expect, but she is a nice gun and will be the resident sledge hammer in my safe I guess...

marlin45702426hdrc.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Have you been watching the movie My Cousin Vinnie? Yuts. :laugh:

Not in awhile.

Ouch!

I hope you and your occupants were all fine.

Hopefully the individuals were caught???

It was just me in the car.
    Tennessee and 4th/5th Ave in Gary.
    Gary PD took 15 minutes to get there, and half hour before another patrol showed up to search.
    There was a semi pulled over, had just been hit.
    He said it was on the CB trucks were hit all that day. And had been hit on weekends for weeks.

Inside of the sun
    20150918_225457_zpsaodfsgak.jpg

20150918_225451_zpsqmrpetew.jpg

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Bulletsmith that is what were talking about but it looks like they only have some boxes left now....

Sooooo waders were required today but boy was it warm...

This was the maiden voyage for the GBL in 45-70 and my shoulder only lasted about 20 rounds. The 325 Hornady stuff wasn't too bad but the Remington 405 grain stuff and those bear loads have me in contact with a guy that installs breaks on these lever guns... Being a Remlin I wasn't sure what to expect, but she is a nice gun and will be the resident sledge hammer in my safe I guess...

marlin45702426hdrc.jpg

I knew that was the ammo you were looking for, I didn't know how their prices compared to what you have been paying. It looked like they had some in stock when I was there.

I'm impressed that you went today. The temp was certainly nice. That is a pretty stock on that rifle. It's so nice to see a stock of decent quality instead of the black plastic or nondescript wood.

I stayed vigilant at trying to get all of this 223 processed. I'd say i'm about half way through.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Not in awhile.

Gary PD took 15 minutes to get there, and half hour before another patrol showed up to search.
    He said it was on the CB trucks were hit all that day. And had been hit on weekends for weeks.

Inside of the sun
    20150918_225457_zpsaodfsgak.jpg

20150918_225451_zpsqmrpetew.jpg

All that glass makes me glad that I frequently leave the furnace with safety glasses still on.
    I usually throw them on when I leave the wash house because of all the dust and I normally forget and leave them on til I get home.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Thanks bulletsmith... She is nice...

Joe I told Actaeon some cyclone fencing stretched across the windshield raised about 5 inches off the glass should keep any more bricks from coming through the windshield next time... Just saying....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    All that glass makes me glad that I frequently leave the furnace with safety glasses still on.
    I usually throw them on when I leave the wash house because of all the dust and I normally forget and leave them on til I get home.

Just regular glasses for me.

Thanks bulletsmith... She is nice...

Joe I told Actaeon some cyclone fencing stretched across the windshield raised about 5 inches off the glass should keep any more bricks from coming through the windshield next time... Just saying....

Apocalypse vehicle

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Bbbbut, 5th and Tennessee is such a nice area of Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Is it OK to come by and see whats going on next Saturday?

Well, :poop:! Just saw this. This would have been ideal for intermissions and post game. Plus, I would have actually gotten over there to check out the facility.
    I will be there this Saturday the 5th for open trap practice. Gate opens by 10, shooting starts at 11am and runs until 3pm (if there are still shooters by then).
    Myself or one of the other members can show you around, just inquire at the trap counter.
    The club will also be open this Sunday if you would like to stop by. It is unlikely I will be there on Sunday but you never know. Sunday schedule is posted here: Glen Park Izaak Walton trap shooting schedule and league information
    Damon

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I will be there this Saturday the 5th for open trap practice. Gate opens by 10, shooting starts at 11am and runs until 3pm (if there are still shooters by then).
    Myself or one of the other members can show you around, just inquire at the trap counter.
    The club will also be open this Sunday if you would like to stop by. It is unlikely I will be there on Sunday but you never know. Sunday schedule is posted here: Glen Park Izaak Walton trap shooting schedule and league information
    Damon

:yesway:

.223 in dry storage and free shipping for $109.99 Federal® American Eagle® Bulk Rifle Ammunition with Dry-Storage Box : Cabela's

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    Not in awhile.

Inside of the sun

I still haven't been to Gary...

Might have to continue pushing such a trip further out.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Did American Eagle ever square away their issues? Seems a while back some people had a few kabooms but something tells me it was platform specific ... thinking Tavor.

I thought there were two threads with what seemed to be a quality AR build that went kaboom using this ammo. Not sure what came of it though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom