Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    only rated for 10k? and you plan on using it to pull cars out of ditches? IT may do the job on little hondas that are high centered, but anything else Id be very careful with. a stuck vehicle can easily double/triple its own weight. I cut back highly on recovering random people. There is just so much liability in it nowadays. The second from last time I did so right after it I realized someone could have been seriously injured. The car was almost end over end on a steep ditch with an elderly lady in the vehicle. I wanted to swap another person out so she wasnt in the vehicle when I put strain on the line but we couldnt. When I broke through to pavement I could have easily given her whiplash

More like people in snow drifts. Or myself if I slide off a road in snow.
    Ditches I'll leave for professionals.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That is a synthetic line? what is it made of?

https://www.warn.com/truck/accessories/warn_spydura_synthetic_rope.jsp

Spydura synthetic winch rope is constructed of a unique ultra high molecular weight polyethylene material and offers high abrasion resistance and tremendous tensile strength. Coated with high temperature urethane, equipped with a temperature resistant sleeve on the first layer and a ballistic nylon sliding sleeve, Spydura synthetic winch rope provides extreme protection against wear and abrasion. The unique self-tightening rope attachment designed to hold the rope secure on the winch drum makes this exclusive offering from Warn ideal for pushing the limits on the trail.
    • Constructed of a unique ultra high molecular weight polyethylene material
    • Delivers high abrasion resistance and excellent tensile strength
    • Coated with urethane for increased UV and chemical resistance
    • Includes a high temperature resistant sleeve on the first layer, and a unique self-tightening rope attachment designed to hold the rope secure on the winch drum
    • A ballistic nylon sliding sleeve provides extra protection against abrasion and wear

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Yeah.... ready to do some 38 special reloads already....

aa24313adj.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I just run 3.6 grains for my 158 grain 38 specials... Light load that makes the powder last....

Got a bud that picked up my lead for melting and bullet production today... Should get 20 gallons worth back of 158 gr. LRN back soon....

The cold is here so I'm going to have to start reloading again... Both brass cleaners are running as I type this... Production should be up here in the next couple days...

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Guys I have somewhat of a weird situation. I own 10 Acres and have a house on it. Originally I wanted to just bulldoze the house and build in the back. Unfortunately I don't think I can do that since I'm in a mortgage. So can I can get a construction loan, and still build on the back of the property? Possibly refinance and rent the first house?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Don't know, never had a construction loan. I think it's hard to get traditional loans over the value of the property these days.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    We just had a similar problem. We live on 20. Couldn't get a construction loan because of the acreage, they wanted us to subdivide. We ended up having to sign a affidavit saying that we would NOT dual occupy, in order for the county to issue the construction permits. We have six months to demolish the original farmhouse after move in.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2016
    Jasper County
    ballstater, not that they are the best kits but their pretty good ones and not that bad in price....

The Flashlight store in Valpo on US30 by the trailer place has a small assortment of IFAKS and medical up to squad level medical kits.

He also has side stuff like staple kits and suture's etc...

I always meant to stop by there but never seemed too. I'll include that in my black forday shopping. I could use some good med gear. I just picked up a novekse rifle bag from first spear and the Haley strategic incog rifle bag. I'm hoping to carry my BCM with me more often on road trips and such

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    PCP, that IFAK you borrowed came from the Flash Light Store in Valpo... That was one of their smaller kits...

They have all the streamlight flash lights... like every model made almost plus bulbs, parts and batteries... Also have some of the pelican cases and some solar panel stuff...

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    We just had a similar problem. We live on 20. Couldn't get a construction loan because of the acreage, they wanted us to subdivide. We ended up having to sign a affidavit saying that we would NOT dual occupy, in order for the county to issue the construction permits. We have six months to demolish the original farmhouse after move in.

I know someone a stones throw from me and built but was able to keep the house, but not occupy. hmmf.

What else is there to know about breaking ground on a new construction house? Any more details on the loan?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I always meant to stop by there but never seemed too. I'll include that in my black forday shopping. I could use some good med gear. I just picked up a novekse rifle bag from first spear and the Haley strategic incog rifle bag. I'm hoping to carry my BCM with me more often on road trips and such
    Larry the owner is a good guy.:yesway:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Larry the owner is a good guy.:yesway:
    i really didn't like the tone of the people there. Told them I had a Cabalas brand gun case that is made by pelican and wanted new foam for it. He told me that I needed to buy a pelican case and I shouldn't buy pelican foam for my case because it wasn't made for it. Also was looking for a rail mount for a flashlight I already have and the only direction he pointed me it was a whole new setup with a new flashlight from the store.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom