Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I'm already scheduled for 7 shifts this week. So, there better be nobody calling off, or more broken stuff. Because I'm reasonably sure, I'm not going in except for my scheduled shifts.
    They have problems and shut down... then FRIGGIN HIRE MORE PEOPLE!

Okay.
    End rant.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Speaking of sitting in the garage. Finally cleaned the one side, so that I could put my trailer inside, out of the snow.

Now I just need to clean the other side to put the Escape in there, so I won't have to scrape windshields to get to work.

Baby steps.

I made the mistake of not putting both trucks in the garage one night. Now I can't fit either one in there. If you are making that kind of progress, I'm in awe.

I'll be at work.

Nipsco?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Speaking of sitting in the garage. Finally cleaned the one side, so that I could put my trailer inside, out of the snow.

Now I just need to clean the other side to put the Escape in there, so I won't have to scrape windshields to get to work.

Baby steps.

Just throw everything from that side of the garage in the trailer.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I made the mistake of not putting both trucks in the garage one night. Now I can't fit either one in there. If you are making that kind of progress, I'm in awe.

Well, I don't have anyone else here, so it's just me throwing crap over there. What happens is, I start a "project", and I have to kick the car and/or trailer out.
    And I never put anything away, and start the next "project".
    But, most of the stuff I need to do is done, except taking the rust off a flag pole and repainting it.
    And I don't paint in the garage anymore.
    The heater is there, takes a suction off the garage. It puts all the paint fumes into the house. Did that once. No more.

And I like my trailer off the driveway. I always worry someone will steal it.
    And I like my Escape off the driveway. I like not having to scrape windshield before work.

Just throw everything from that side of the garage in the trailer.

Some stuff will go over there.
    But mostly, I need to put the tools in their spots. I have a "spot" for every tool so I can find it later.
    I bought pouches of new bolts, different sizes, many bags. I have storage containers for those to go in, so they are organized. At work, we have a drawer with small screws and bolts all jumbled together. I HATE THAT. Takes me longer to find what I need, than to do the job.
    At home, I go right to my bolts, pull the right one out, and I'M DONE. :)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That and no matter the day or time voted on someone would complain.

Well... that's a given.
    There's now way, with everyone's different schedules, that you can satisfy everyone.
    If I couldn't make it, I always understood. I have one of the weirdest schedules. So, I complain about a lot of things. But not about people organizing Meet and Shoots, or Meet and Eats.

:)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ...I don't know anyone that went to an interview and was asked to see the name on their diploma...

A bit different with large law firms. They actually recruit at specific universities. Maritime law firms recruit at Tulane. New York and Boston firms recruit from Northeast schools down to Virginia. Chicago firms recruit from the midwest but also from the northeast. Big firms are somewhat regional in their recruiting, and somewhat selective from specific schools. She wants to work in corporate contract law, probably international. So some schools may be better choices than others depending upon where she wants to live after school.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Being your daughter I suspect she cherishes freedom and would prefer flyover country.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Watching Star Wars (a Christmas tradition) and the wife brings our son in to watch Rudolph and steals the remote. He falls asleep and gets taken back to the crib. She leaves to make Christmas cookies. I hit the recall button. I'm not sure...did I win?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    A bit different with large law firms. They actually recruit at specific universities. Maritime law firms recruit at Tulane. New York and Boston firms recruit from Northeast schools down to Virginia. Chicago firms recruit from the midwest but also from the northeast. Big firms are somewhat regional in their recruiting, and somewhat selective from specific schools. She wants to work in corporate contract law, probably international. So some schools may be better choices than others depending upon where she wants to live after school.

What type of lawyer is she aspiring to become and where is she looking to live may I ask? Just curious.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Got a little range time in before the snow after all today...

berstorm4344hdrfil.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom