• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Almost done w/ the deck. :faint: I'm going to load up some 55gr tonight and sight in the A2 tomorrow morning. I missed JP today to get the deck done. How was it GB?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well today was interesting... Range was over flowed with shooters and there were a lot of new shooters making stupid mistakes on the line... At the 100 we had a couple do one of those just walk down and check their targets while everyone was shooting. At the 25 yard we had two women that even after being told not to sit down at the bench and play with their firearms while people were down range they still did it 3 times... They made me yell at them... Then on the other side of the 25 yard line we had a guy who couldn't stay off the line while people were changing targets... Then there was the guy that kept walking around with his pistol in his hand with the slide closed and his finger in the trigger guard muzzling everyone around the property, back and forth to the back of his jeep back to the line he went... Yeah I had to check myself over for extra holes after this trip...

The Storm carbine and the Trijicon did great though... Good to go on the 100 all the way back to the 25 yard line... Now for another trip back to the indoor in blythes to see where I'm hitting inside of a room distances...

Thinking I need to find private property as the stupidity is getting really strong on the public ranges...

Hands felt good enough to run some magnums through these beauties... Don't get to do that very much...

ruggpgp3948hdrfil.jpg

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well today was interesting... Range was over flowed with shooters and there were a lot of new shooters making stupid mistakes on the line... At the 100 we had a couple do one of those just walk down and check their targets while everyone was shooting. At the 25 yard we had two women that even after being told not to sit down at the bench and play with their firearms while people were down range they still did it 3 times... They made me yell at them... Then on the other side of the 25 yard line we had a guy who couldn't stay off the line while people were changing targets... Then there was the guy that kept walking around with his pistol in his hand with the slide closed and his finger in the trigger guard muzzling everyone around the property, back and forth to the back of his jeep back to the line he went... Yeah I had to check myself over for extra holes after this trip...

The Storm carbine and the Trijicon did great though... Good to go on the 100 all the way back to the 25 yard line... Now for another trip back to the indoor in blythes to see where I'm hitting inside of a room distances...

Thinking I need to find private property as the stupidity is getting really strong on the public ranges...

Hands felt good enough to run some magnums through these beauties... Don't get to do that very much...

ruggpgp3948hdrfil.jpg

What range?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This is why I shoot in my back yard. I can get a good 20 to 36 yds.

Ditto. I can shoot in peace and safety on my range.

No idiots to shoot me in the back while changing a target.

I can go out to 170-ish yards and terminate into targets backed by a wooded hillside.

I do need a new bench and have to do some repairs on my target holder but that will all wait until spring. They are just good enough to last through the fall but winter will likely be their doom. Can't complain, both are probably 6 or 7 years old and have been exposed to the elements 24/7/365.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    I am visiting a friend in Joliet, Illinois today.
    He seems to think I can't carry there at all.
    Under their new law, can't I carry into Illinois as long as I leave it in the car when I get out?
    Does it make a difference since, I am going to his private property?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Under their new law, can't I carry into Illinois as long as I leave it in the car when I get out?

If you have your indiana ltch you can ...
    1) get in your MOTORIZED vehcile
    2) carry on your person
    3) drive from indiana into illinois

YOU CAN NOT CARRY OUTSIDE OF YOUR MOTORIZED VEHCILE WHILE IN ILLINOIS IN PUBLIC PLACES.

See 2nd post for 2 expections

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You can get out of your motorized vehicle at a public place with your handgun IF you securing the handgun in the trunk of your vehcile.

If you go into illinois and get out of your vehcile while on PRIVATE PROPERTY and stay within the private property and have the owners permission you are ok.
    This does not mean you park on the public street and walk up to the house via public sidewalk.

You need to drive onto the private propety and get out of vehcile then,WHILE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    2) carry on your person

YOU CAN NOT CARRY OUTSIDE OF YOUR MOTORIZED VEHCILE WHILE IN ILLINOIS IN PUBLIC PLACES.

You can get out of your motorized vehicle at a public place with your handgun IF you securing the handgun in the trunk of your vehcile.

If you go into illinois and get out of your vehcile while on PRIVATE PROPERTY and stay within the private property and have the owners permission you are ok.
    This does not mean you park on the public street and walk up to the house via public sidewalk.

You need to drive onto the private propety and get out of vehcile then,WHILE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY

Thanks man

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

2) carry on your person

Thanks man
    Firearm Concealed Carry Act

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Drove to JP this morning. It was so crowded, I kept driving to Winamac.

Back to the drawing board with the a2. I tried an f marked fsb. I had to crank it all the way down and bring the rear site passed the 500 mark to zero at 50 yards.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hawkeye, It was JP...

Raitek, Something I was told but I haven't been able to get a positive answer on is even if you have a out of state license and are on private property with the permission of the property owner you may still be in violation because you do not have a FOID card and our State doesn't require or provide such a ownership ID to make up for their own requirement. Illinois requires their citizens to have both the State CCL and a FOID to be in compliance. A Cook County Sheriff gave me all kinds of grief about trying to conduct a Gunbunnies shoot over there a while back and recently I was contacted by a film company to supply vintage firearms for a movie but the local PDs involved required the filming company to find some one with a FOID to bring their own firearms for shooting the movie.

I would shoot on my own property in a heart beat but I don't have any and with the economy the way it has been I don't foresee the possibility of obtaining said property.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I finally got my new target frames/mounts in on my range. The range Santa (not fairy, definitely not range fairy) brought these to me and after some fun with the tractor, wrenches and grinder oh my, I have this
    New%20Range.jpg

NO more changing posts :rockwoot:

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    I finally got my new target frames/mounts in on my range. The range Santa (not fairy, definitely not range fairy) brought these to me and after some fun with the tractor, wrenches and grinder oh my, I have this
    New%20Range.jpg

NO more changing posts :rockwoot:

That literally made me laugh out loud!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom