Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    ... and the new printer isn't printing black ... AGAIN! :xmad:

Let me guess what you computer nerds will say ... I just need a new printer.

Is it just a black document? or color? If it's just black, you can change the settings to greyscale or black/white. If it's mixed color and black, you might be low on your color ink. Most of them actually use a mix of colored ink to make black in a document that has color in it.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hmmmm normally Cannons do that type of thing...

bad ink cartridge or maybe try wiping the copper leads side of the cartridge with a dry paper towel and re-seat the cartridge...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah, sounds like the black cartridge is out. All the colors together will make black, but some printers will not print that way. What is the model? I've seen some that will expire the cartridge and you have to press magic buttons to bypass the expiration.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    ... and the new printer isn't printing black ... AGAIN! :xmad:

Let me guess what you computer nerds will say ... I just need a new printer.

I have a HP all in one and it is a piece of excrement. When I bought it it came yp with a print head error that kept me on the phone for hours several times. I finally brought it back to Office Depot and they replaced it no questions asked. They offered me full credit on any other printer or the same one I had. I really liked this one because when it worked it was exactly what I wanted. well to make a long story short this one did exactly the same thing.

HP S****.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I wish I had a video...

My dad started on the "falling snowflakes", while I was working on the "tree of lights".
    1st step he did, assemble the 3 dimensional snowflakes.
    2nd step, take a green string with nuts on the end for weights, and toss it over a branch. We anchor the snowflakes to this string, and pull them up.
    Well, I have my back turned to him, and he starts laughing hard.
    I turn around, and he has the string wrapped around the branch "Indiana Jones" style.
    Usually it takes multiple throws to get it in the right spot.
    He hit the right spot, then the string wound around the branch and anchored itself.

NEVER could have done it if we were TRYING. But we weren't.

Looking good so far. Granted, haven't seen it in the daylight, or with the lights on yet.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well HP inkjets replace their print heads with each change of the ink cartridge. The print head is normally the issue with a inkjet as they become clogged with old dried ink or other stuff that attaches itself to the heads from the environment the printer is in. The IBM, Cannon, Brother, and Epson printers all use a separate print head which stays in the printer throughout the life of the printer so they normally have more issues with print quality or failure due to clogging of the head. The Epson's will actually do a maintenance cycle ever so often if the printer is left on all by itself...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Anyone know where I can get 393 batteries? they're little button batteries for my bore sighter which apparently got left on when it was put away.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Walgreen's maybe?

All's I know is I went to batteries plus to replace a 2032 in a key fob that lasted 4 years. The new one it hasn't even lasted a year. :xmad:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well HP inkjets replace their print heads with each change of the ink cartridge. The print head is normally the issue with a inkjet as they become clogged with old dried ink or other stuff that attaches itself to the heads from the environment the printer is in. The IBM, Cannon, Brother, and Epson printers all use a separate print head which stays in the printer throughout the life of the printer so they normally have more issues with print quality or failure due to clogging of the head. The Epson's will actually do a maintenance cycle ever so often if the printer is left on all by itself...

I changed the ink and it doesn't fix the problem. I have spent over two hundred dollars for ink for this printer and several hours wit aguy o i cud nut unstan a dem wud e wus sain.

I only wish I had a place to put five pounds of tanerite under it.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I'm always up to properly disposing of stuff... Just saying...

PCP, I got to drive a hour and a half to get there so if I'm not spending the whole day on the line it isn't too bad at the indoor...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom