Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Had a tooth pulled and had to argue with the dentist and his assistant that I didn't need and wouldn't fill a prescription for pain killers.

Pain is your friend, it lets you know you are still alive.

Besides I don't want ambulance chasers bugging me to join their class action suit, so they can get rich and I can get a 70% of the $20 dollars I spent back.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Pain is not my friend. It is a mean, evil son of a ***** that is with me all the time. I have no interest in playing the martyr. I take whatever meds help me function at a somewhat normal level.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The only pain killer I have had in memory that did anything for me for real pain was Demerol. It had me feeling like I was floating down the hallway of the hospital when I had some fairly bad kidney stones. I was not able to function at all while on it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am not able to function on BenedrylL. I use aspirin and naproxin for my pain. I feel for all of you who are in constant pain. So am I.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    A guy I work with just had a knee scoped. Two tiny incisions, had it done on a Friday back at work Monday almost 100% functional. Doctor gave him 30 days of pain meds. He took 2 pills, turned the rest into the local PD for disposal. Same thing with my son and his wisdom teeth last summer. Took 1 pill, hated the way it made him feel, kind of out of control. You can't tell me this is not contributing to the opioid epidemic.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The only pain killer I have had in memory that did anything for me for real pain was Demerol. It had me feeling like I was floating down the hallway of the hospital when I had some fairly bad kidney stones. I was not able to function at all while on it.

Demorol did absolutely nothing for my kidney stone pain.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A guy I work with just had a knee scoped. Two tiny incisions, had it done on a Friday back at work Monday almost 100% functional. Doctor gave him 30 days of pain meds. He took 2 pills, turned the rest into the local PD for disposal. Same thing with my son and his wisdom teeth last summer. Took 1 pill, hated the way it made him feel, kind of out of control. You can't tell me this is not contributing to the opioid epidemic.

Sssshhhhhhh...
    Or you will mess up the money train on the war on drugs.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Very rarely do I take controlled pain pills. I still have Norco left over from when the German Shepard bit me a year ago. Mobic and Lyrica are my friends, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom