d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It amazes me that people don't get Winter tires. They are more important than AWD. I always go with both because of where I live and having to drive into Chicago.

All-season tires pretty much suck at everything.

Not everyone can afford to have 2 sets of tires nor have a place to store that extra set. Like i had originally posted if the snow gets to bad i either A) drive the 4x4 or B) stay the hell home

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not everyone can afford to have 2 sets of tires nor have a place to store that extra set. Like i had originally posted if the snow gets to bad i either A) drive the 4x4 or B) stay the hell home
    My intention was not to attack you. Sorry if it came across that way. It was actually more of a general observation.

I find most people do not think they need Winter tires. They think AWD or four wheel drive with all-season tires is just as good or better, or they just never think about it at all. I've had this conversation with a number of people at work recently, so it has been on my mind.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My intention was not to attack you. Sorry if it came across that way. It was actually more of a general observation.

I find most people do not think they need Winter tires. They think AWD or four wheel drive with all-season tires is just as good or better, or they just never think about it at all. I've had this conversation with a number of people at work recently, so it has been on my mind.

No offense taken KLB. Just making a statement as to why some may not have a spare set of winter tires, myself included. That being said i do have a Expedition that has great tires on it for all occasions. The wife gets that vehicle because she takes the kid to school and would rather her have the better vehicle.

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    Try ONCE. They were handling pistols at the table behind the line.

Hahaha Well, it was twice if you count the time you thought I was doing the same thing. Man, I really can't tell you how much it meant to me and how much fun I had with you yesterday! I really hope we get to go again soon. I also think you're being too hard on yourself for your shooting! You impressed me! I was telling my buddies all about it last night. It was a really good time.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I will and I will continue to use diagnostic targets. I will try to overcome it on my own until April when i have a class with Coach. If I do not lick it before then, I am sure he can spot my problem and set me on the right track.

Just think of all the "bad habit reinforcement" you will get in before April! :)

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I kid you not, it's almost white out conditions here and those guys are now back at my neighbor's messing with the windows. :laugh:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Unburied three neighbors who are still not home. One I know is stuck in that CF on the Toll Road. Wasn't heart attack snow, so a higher gear was just fine. I'm not sure where the plow drivers are, so that made the journey more interesting. I can tell a plow had come by a long time ago, to get the head mechanic down the way, out. Other than that, I haven't seen or heard one. The only thing I've seen or heard are the med helicopters.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Happy to help. The guy stuck on the Toll Road has an infant and his wife has more important things to do than move snow. Snow plow sighting 9:50. End of the driveway unburied by me prior to crystallizing into a sold chunk.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Texkev sends an email out every week highliting interesting threads. Yours about new army uniforms made it, Pistol pastor made it for wanting to carry a .22 EDC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom