Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Had another colonoscopy today.

Made sure that Jedi was not in the vicinity before they started the sedation.

I know people who died needlessly because they refused to, or unnecessarily delayed, a colonoscopy. No need for that. The preparation is far worse than the procedure. I have a history of having polyps so I get to go back every 3 years to have them cut out before they become cancerous. Had more cut out today. Doctor said he didn't think they looked abnormal, so that is good news.

Seriously, if you are 50 or older and have been avoiding this you may be welcoming a painful death by delaying.

Just make sure Jedi is out of state when you show up at the hospital.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

I know people who died needlessly because they refused to, or unnecessarily delayed, a colonoscopy. No need for that. The preparation is far worse than the procedure. I have a history of having polyps so I get to go back every 3 years to have them cut out before they become cancerous. Had more cut out today. Doctor said he didn't think they looked abnormal, so that is good news.

Seriously, if you are 50 or older and have been avoiding this you may be welcoming a painful death by delaying.

:gheyhi: Just make sure Jedi & Ericpwp are [strike]is[/strike] out of state when you show up at the hospital :gaychase:

Never had one, but I was in the room for one once. :scared:

FIXID IT

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When should one get one?
    You are lucky that i was stuck in a box today having my hearing tested and being told its fine but they still dont know why yhe ringing in right side.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Eddie Olczyk just returned to the broadcast booth last night, coming back from colon cancer. Pat Foley sure was happy to see him.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    ah... medical stuff.... thats for people who can afford that stuff...

Although I always say, I'm keeping the diabetes at bay but the heart attack is going to kill me...

carbless meals means your eating lots of meat for anyone that hasn't been paying attention...

Jedi, ringing in the ears ey.... ever have any reactions to NSAIDs or Ibuprofen or Naxproxin ? a common lasting effect is tinnitus or ringing of the ears.

sooooooo got some trigger time afterall today.... Warmed up the Tavor in a indoor range which means my tinnitus is worst tonight... lol....

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    On my Christmas list: [video=youtube_share;XjkOj--5LCg]http://youtu.be/XjkOj--5LCg[/video]

i almost purchased the original...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Just make sure Jedi is out of state when you show up at the hospital.

I have an appointment with Dr Mirro on the 31st so he can order my colonoscopy. Mine are not routine screenings because I also get an upper scope done because of history of severe GERD.

I also have a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound on the 27th. I have something that is hopefully nothing. PSA part II--have your loved ones get their mammograms.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I have an appointment with Dr Mirro on the 31st so he can order my colonoscopy. Mine are not routine screenings because I also get an upper scope done because of history of severe GERD.

I also have a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound on the 27th. I have something that is hopefully nothing. PSA part II--have your loved ones get their mammograms.

Whew. Good luck. Hopefully it turns out ok. Mom had skin fold over in one mammo a few years ago that caused a scare. A second mammo confirmed that was the anomaly. Now it is like pulling teeth to get her to go back annually. :rolleyes: I do what I can.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

Jedi should probably get both :p

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Food 4 Less in Hammond has pork loin roasts for $1.29#.

I bought several and they are nicely trimmed. They are not full loins the tip is cut back so most of the brown meat is not there. The last full loins (4 I think) I processed into chops and roasts yielded about 4# of fat for deer processing. that is OK, but I would rather not pay for it.

ETA Just finished breaking down 7. 72 thin cut PC 68 3/4" PC and 4 roasts. No fat to speak of and 1 small bag of fajita meat.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Not ready to see the leafs on the trees changing colors and falling off. Time for the city leaf suckers to be out again and letting the leafs kill the grass till they come around to get them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom