NWI, North of US-30

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    New garden and old garden are done and ready because moved 3 yards of delivered black dirt this morning (including fixing some low spots). Edged and threw down grub killer. Got everything cleaned up. Ran to the local concrete garden center and they were out of the planters we need to match the others. Should be getting a call in about a week. I'm pretty sure I will be sore in a few hours.

Last edited:

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    New garden and old garden are done and ready because moved 3 yards of delivered black dirt this morning (including fixing some low spots). Edged and threw down grub killer. Got everything cleaned up. Ran to the local concrete garden center and they were out of the planters we need to match the others. Should be getting a call in about a week. I'm pretty sure I will be sore in a few hours.
    I had the pleasure of "helping" the wife with her gardeny stuff today. Made her some garden beds last week and got all the soil put in them today.
    Lotta work on my part but she absolutely lives for this time of the year and gardening so it's well worth it. Now the rest is on her..

Finally making progress on getting a pole barn, very happy about that.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I had the pleasure of "helping" the wife with her gardeny stuff today. Made her some garden beds last week and got all the soil put in them today.
    Lotta work on my part but she absolutely lives for this time of the year and gardening so it's well worth it. Now the rest is on her..

Finally making progress on getting a pole barn, very happy about that.

Our 2 year old 'helped' too. Then the wife decided today (as I was shoveling and wheelbarrowing) to dig up flower bulbs in the old section (previously flower bed) of the new expanded garden. :rolleyes: (numerous days she could have done this) The agreement prior was that she got all that she wanted out and I would spray roundup as needed.

On a better note, our 1st asparagus sprouted and the rubarb is going full steam.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks, it was almost impossible to get as they don't advertise, they notify universities that have the degree programs they want. Then you have to be referred by your program chair. This year they had authorization for one intern, but there are two of us. We're both veterans with industry experience so the area director finageled persmission for two interns, each for 8 weeks.
    They said that if they get authorization to hire, we're already at the top of the list. I hope so, I could easily do GS11 step 3 pay.
    That's great. Hoping for the best.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

jedi was in chiraqi today so it was not him.
    besides it was only 500k. go big or dont play at all.

jedi does wonder if that branch was closing like the one by chase also on thay street but further south and if the bank was moving money elsewhere. seems like a lot for an armor truck now a days.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    jedi was in chiraqi today so it was not him.
    besides it was only 500k. go big or dont play at all.

jedi does wonder if that branch was closing like the one by chase also on thay street but further south and if the bank was moving money elsewhere. seems like a lot for an armor truck now a days.
    Wasn't someone looking for money to get a death star going?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom