NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Of course my car dealership is going to open up for the 4th of July.....because there are at least 2 people with nothing better to do then come look at Jeeps on a holiday :n00b:

So much for shooting that day

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Of course my car dealership is going to open up for the 4th of July.....because there are at least 2 people with nothing better to do then come look at Jeeps on a holiday :n00b:

So much for shooting that day

Granted, I didn't sell cars during a "pandemic", but I worked about 60-70 hours, 6 days a week, and never took vacation and my passive-aggressive boss used to say things like: "some people only have Memorial Day/Fourth of July/Labor Day, to look at cars".

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Granted, I didn't sell cars during a "pandemic", but I worked about 60-70 hours, 6 days a week, and never took vacation and my passive-aggressive boss used to say things like: "some people only have Memorial Day/Fourth of July/Labor Day, to look at cars".

yeah. I’ve been here about 12 years and really I can’t complain. I don’t work more then 45 hours a week and people here are great but it’s just a kick in the pants that we are open just because it’s a Saturday. Otherwise we have always been closed on that day. I just like to complain.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Huge update

MUNSTER — Retired Lake County cop Ryan Askew begged his partner to shoot as a psychiatric patient, who had just beaten a nurse, choked Askew to near unconsciousness inside a Munster hospital early Tuesday morning, prosecutors said.
    In the middle of the violent struggle, Benny Freeman, another retired Lake County cop who was working security with Askew at Munster's Community Hospital, opened fire, Lake County Prosecutor Bernard Carter said.
    The rounds ultimately killed both Askew and the psychiatric patient, Jamal Williams, 22, of Lansing, Carter said.
    It began about 1:15 a.m. Tuesday when personnel at Community Hospital, located on Calumet Avenue, alerted security that a psychiatric patient was threatening staff, Carter said.
    When security responded to the area of the hospital in question, the patient, later identified as Williams, grabbed and began assaulting a nurse in the room, holding the nurse while striking her in the head, Carter said.
    Retired Lake County police officer Askew, 59, then tried to intervene but was overpowered by Williams, who began choking and assaulting Askew, prosecutors said. Williams was described by authorities as standing at 6-feet-5-inches tall and weighing 300 pounds.
    Contrary to earlier police reports that Williams had loosened Askew's gun from its holster, Williams never gained control of or fired the weapon, Carter said.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Shoot Point Blank's email today. Just passing on their info.

https://shootpointblank.com/response-to-covid-19

People see the news headlines saying that the state is opening up ... very few look at the details the businesses need to follow to reopen. Due to cleaning protocols, the need to have sanitizers and other chemicals, added labor costs, etc we can expect costs on goods, services and club memberships to increase if no vaccine is found.

I’ve been working with sport and fencing clubs in a few states to figure out compliance and it’s a freaking nightmare.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Huge update

MUNSTER — Retired Lake County cop Ryan Askew begged his partner to shoot as a psychiatric patient, who had just beaten a nurse, choked Askew to near unconsciousness inside a Munster hospital early Tuesday morning, prosecutors said.
    In the middle of the violent struggle, Benny Freeman, another retired Lake County cop who was working security with Askew at Munster's Community Hospital, opened fire, Lake County Prosecutor Bernard Carter said.
    The rounds ultimately killed both Askew and the psychiatric patient, Jamal Williams, 22, of Lansing, Carter said.
    It began about 1:15 a.m. Tuesday when personnel at Community Hospital, located on Calumet Avenue, alerted security that a psychiatric patient was threatening staff, Carter said.
    When security responded to the area of the hospital in question, the patient, later identified as Williams, grabbed and began assaulting a nurse in the room, holding the nurse while striking her in the head, Carter said.
    Retired Lake County police officer Askew, 59, then tried to intervene but was overpowered by Williams, who began choking and assaulting Askew, prosecutors said. Williams was described by authorities as standing at 6-feet-5-inches tall and weighing 300 pounds.
    Contrary to earlier police reports that Williams had loosened Askew's gun from its holster, Williams never gained control of or fired the weapon, Carter said.
    I was just reading that on region news source, that's rough. :(

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    On a lighter note, I picked up a sig p365 sas today, excited to go shoot it. I've been slacking on carrying in summer/shorts because the 1911 is heavy and uncomfortable in the heat, thought something smaller and lighter would help. ordered a couple holsters today too, see how they feel.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    On a lighter note, I picked up a sig p365 sas today, excited to go shoot it. I've been slacking on carrying in summer/shorts because the 1911 is heavy and uncomfortable in the heat, thought something smaller and lighter would help. ordered a couple holsters today too, see how they feel.

Your just ooooolllldddd if you cant carry the 1911 weight. :p
    Did you ever resolve your transfer fee issue since the lgs close early right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom