• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I accompanied my cousin today to the Griffith Blythes where he bought his first gun. A Glock 19. He's very excited. I just spent the last hour and a half going over safety and function with him.

Anyway, 3 interesting notes.

1. I bumped into NWI INGO member Blood and Guts Murphy there. INGOers everywhere.

2. They had a pile of Glock mags in the display case indivudually price tagged. They had 1 mag for a baby Glock, couldn't tell if it was for a 26 or a 27, but it was priced at $59.99. I almost crapped my pants.

3. I must look so old. BandG asked if my 23 year old cousin was my son. :(

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I'll raise you $200;

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns_rifles_and_shotguns/268405-keltec_sub_2k.html

Just posted 10 minutes ago. He had a similar thread 3 hours ago, but it vanished. Hmmmmm....

If they can find someone to pay that good for them but that is crazy.

I don't blame people for capitalizing at all. I get a little upset with gun shops, but even that...if people will pay it I guess fundamentally I'm fine with it, but I do give bonus respect to gun stores that aren't cashing in.

Obviously that doesn't at all apply to when their prices to procure said items go up. If they have to pay more to get them, then that's another story.

But private sellers, that's the name of the game. I've been close to listing my extra AR lower for a while. The prices people are paying...it's tempting.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    extra AR lower you say...........hmmmmmm

Right into my trap!

I just can't let my second go. I keep trying to convince myself to sell, but I can't talk myself into it.:scratch:

I know. I always want to build another in a weird caliber. But I won't have money to anytime soon. But in a year or 2 if I can still get the stuff to build it, I'm sure I'd still be able to get another lower.

So NOW, while I see them selling for 3-400...man I feel like I should toss it out there and see.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    It was better in the morning when it was still war :rockwoot:

I popped mine int the microwave for 20 seconds later in the evening... Excellent :rockwoot:

In other news I bought a pack of Marlboro Gold 72's and ended up smokin about four of them. In actuality I think I only took about 2 drags from each one. It was more of a just holding it type of thing.

I put the pack behind the counter, maybe I'll smoke one again next time. I just refuse to bring cigarettes home with me.

I'll be back in tomorrow for an Onyx Reserve.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Right into my trap!

I know. I always want to build another in a weird caliber. But I won't have money to anytime soon. But in a year or 2 if I can still get the stuff to build it, I'm sure I'd still be able to get another lower.

So NOW, while I see them selling for 3-400...man I feel like I should toss it out there and see.

you and me both...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah, I bought one in 5.7, but do I need the lower that came with it? Or should I just swap the uppers when needed...

I was going to put another upper together, but the barrel I want is MIA.

Someone needs to edit their sig line....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm alittle miffed by these high prices... heck in order to get the 4 Beretta 17 round mags I wanted I had to buy another Beretta 92... I'm worried about going to the ammo store next time, I mean heck I might have to buy another Dillon in order to just get ammo to shoot...

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    like i said... will laugh when all these people paid ridiculous amounts for guns and when this **** all blows over their left with a hefty monetary loss and their dick in their hand

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad, I don't know... I mean I beat the living tar out of my Dillon Square D for around 23 years and it finally stopped loading primers100%... called Dillon and they said send it back to them... Did as told and within 2 weeks I got a brand new press for nothing... Can't complain about that type of service... That old press had atleast 100000 rounds through it... probably more... FREE......

Plus the ammo store uses Dillon... sooo it would be a hey if you buy one of these I'll sell you a couple thousand rounds of this type of deal...

Just got to get some more work going as I need a couple of different firearms for up coming Gunbunnies photo shoots and there's another one I would like to add to the collection...

Sooo many gun's soo little money...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom