• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I like the natural wood look better. Not so big on the metal look. . .
    This is the only metal in the house other than the appliances. The house was designed in 1912 by one of Frank Lloyd Wright's students who became a very famous architect and designed about 1200 houses in Australia, as well as a city or two. Its a "Prairie" style house, we have lots of woodwork in the house, looking for something that would be in tune with architecture from the early 1900's to ago along with the house, but also because this is just a small bathroom (about 4.5' by 5') we figured we could try something a bit more daring and add the copper ceiling.

Worst thing is that I'll be tearing it out in about a decade and doing something else?

medic6882

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Demotte
    I love the copper ceiling , it looks very rustic yet elegant . If it's in a bathroom how is it going to hold up to the moisture and did you have to use a barrier under it to prevent mold.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    94934d8a67018710c34b34db8e0b9e92.jpg
    That's what you looked like when you got that phone call about the audit :D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I love the copper ceiling , it looks very rustic yet elegant . If it's in a bathroom how is it going to hold up to the moisture and did you have to use a barrier under it to prevent mold.
    While it is a bathroom, its just a small powder room with a sink and toilet just off the entry foyer of the house. No shower/bathtub. No real humidity/moisture issues to deal with, but there is an exhaust fan.

For the exhaust fan I spray painted it with "hammered" copper paint and also affixed a piece of the ceiling panel that I cut down to fit.

image_zps8eb8a812.jpg

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
    For whatever it is worth, despite the fact that copper sheets are very thin, its a good idea not to tell your wife that you used her best pair of sewing shears to cut up some copper ceiling tiles. Even if you are installing the ceiling tiles as part of a remodeling project that she "requested" you undertake.​

I have a pair of scissors that can cut a quarter in half, and I can cut a penny into a spiral with them. (I used to sell Cutco)
    Lucky darkkevin can use those for almost anything he wants. But, what he likes to do is "degrease" motorcycle engine parts in the dishwasher.

With "a little bit" of Dawn. At least he was smart enough to do it when I wasn't home. :xmad:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's what you looked like when you got that phone call about the audit :D

Then you really should have seen me when I got home and my roommate actually came downstairs while I was home.
    After mentioning the fact that when I said he could stay here last time, it was with the understanding he was going to find another place.
    And he was apparently mad at ME.
    I got so f'n stark raving mad I forgot to tell him get out in 60 days.
    When he told me he still can't find a job, I told him I DIDN'T ASK ABOUT A JOB. I asked when he was LEAVING.
    And I'm the bad guy.
    Maybe I need T_Star to come over here and work some GG magic.

I have a pair of scissors that can cut a quarter in half, and I can cut a penny into a spiral with them. (I used to sell Cutco)
    Lucky darkkevin can use those for almost anything he wants. But, what he likes to do is "degrease" motorcycle engine parts in the dishwasher.

With "a little bit" of Dawn. At least he was smart enough to do it when I wasn't home. :xmad:

I have a full set of cutco knives and the scissors. One of my ex-scouts sold it to me. And I started off by telling him I wasn't going to spend that much on a set of knives. But they were awesome.

Degreased in the dishwasher. WTH? Did he have brain damage?
    That's why you have a Vat in the garage with degreaser to soak.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh, and did I mention our benevolent government has sent the Internal Revenue Service, the Indiana Alcohol Commission, and now the Indiana Gaming Commission out.
    Gee, and I'm sure they're not harassing organizations with "American" in the title. It's just a coincidence.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN

I wouldn't use the dishwasher. The kitchen sink is not out of the question, though! I once blue printed and built a small block chevy in my bedroom. Rebuilding carbs on the living room table.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Oh, and did I mention our benevolent government has sent the Internal Revenue Service, the Indiana Alcohol Commission, and now the Indiana Gaming Commission out.
    Gee, and I'm sure they're not harassing organizations with "American" in the title. It's just a coincidence.
    That has made it to TV now too. I've noticed a couple of "home grown terrorist organizations" along those lines in the last year. The shows also are teaching us how awesome all of the cameras are every where. Lucky us.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Then you really should have seen me when I got home and my roommate actually came downstairs while I was home.
    After mentioning the fact that when I said he could stay here last time, it was with the understanding he was going to find another place.
    And he was apparently mad at ME.
    I got so f'n stark raving mad I forgot to tell him get out in 60 days.
    When he told me he still can't find a job, I told him I DIDN'T ASK ABOUT A JOB. I asked when he was LEAVING.
    And I'm the bad guy.
    Maybe I need T_Star to come over here and work some GG magic.

I have a full set of cutco knives and the scissors. One of my ex-scouts sold it to me. And I started off by telling him I wasn't going to spend that much on a set of knives. But they were awesome.

Degreased in the dishwasher. WTH? Did he have brain damage?
    That's why you have a Vat in the garage with degreaser to soak.
    It's gonna cost you if you want me to come get him out of your house. Sounds like he's a pain in the ass. More, actually.

Oh, he's brain damaged alright. That happened llllooooonnnngggg before we even met. :-D

I wouldn't use the dishwasher. The kitchen sink is not out of the question, though! I once blue printed and built a small block chevy in my bedroom. Rebuilding carbs on the living room table.
    Eh, I was kinda mad at the time. Now it's just funny. I would have never known, but he took a picture of the suds all over the kitchen floor and sent it to me. FYI, Dawn is NOT meant to be used in the dishwasher. :rofl:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    WARNING . . . WARNING . . . WARNING

Squeezing on a little fresh lime and adding some hot sauce will LIGHT YOUR MOUTH ON FIRE. These tacos are mildly spicy to start with and the hot sauce is pretty hot, but the acid in the fresh lime opens up the taste buds and pores in your mouth to intensify the heat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom