• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    View attachment 22296 This is my first time TRYING to post a picture but this was my morning view from the kitchen table this morning
    Let me help you out.
    9D0B7DB1-0C19-48F9-932B-6FC07D38B419-4917-00000846D469A066_zps02068a40.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    View attachment 22296 This is my first time TRYING to post a picture but this was my morning view from the kitchen table this morning

So are you bring us deer meat to the Meet & Shoot?
    :dunno: ;)

Came upon this video I saw last year again from the syrian civil war. For some reason I thought you guys might appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_k0Vdqxvvg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

How does such a device penetrate into the armor of a tank? Does it have to hit it in a certain spot? What exactly is in that tube and it is a 1 shot, throw away item?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Conversation at JEDI's house . . .

DO NOT wash your hair in the shower!! It's so good to finally get a health warning that is useful!!!

*IT INVOLVES THE SHAMPOO WHEN IT RUNS DOWN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU SHOWER WITH IT. WARNING TO US ALL!!! Shampoo Warning!*

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! I use shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning, "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME." No wonder I have been gaining weight!*

Well! I got rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn Dishwashing Soap. It's label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ^ :rofl:

ps.
    But you need to use a darker PINK because it's hard to read that light PINK on INGO.
    Jedi uses color code ff33cc and you may be using ff9999

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    For anyone interested in training, here is a quote from Tyr 1 Training:

[h=5]Tyr 1 Training Corp.
    [/h][h=5]Here comes what we have been waiting for. Tyr 1 Training Corp. will be taking up residency at 4938 W. US 20., in Michigan City, IN. This is in the rear of the Wildwood property. We are running our first training with one of our corporate clients on this Thursday. We will be making some improvements as time goes on to include a multi room shoot house. We are very excited about this new venture and thank Wildwood LLC. for welcoming us. We do ask our clients to drive carefully on the property as there are other events that take place on the front portion. We will be located on the northeast corner.[/h]

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Who will be teaching these classes? I can't find a bio.

For anyone interested in training, here is a quote from Tyr 1 Training:

Tyr 1 Training Corp.

Here comes what we have been waiting for. Tyr 1 Training Corp. will be taking up residency at 4938 W. US 20., in Michigan City, IN. This is in the rear of the Wildwood property. We are running our first training with one of our corporate clients on this Thursday. We will be making some improvements as time goes on to include a multi room shoot house. We are very excited about this new venture and thank Wildwood LLC. for welcoming us. We do ask our clients to drive carefully on the property as there are other events that take place on the front portion. We will be located on the northeast corner.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Tyr 1 Training Corporation is based out of Northwest Indiana. We offer professional firearms training to both Law Enforcement and responsible gun owners.

Instructor Bio's:

Tobin (Toby) Babcock
    Owner/Lead Instructor

Tobin Babcock has been involved in the shooting sports since childhood, starting with hunting and marksmanship training at age 6. As a teen he continued to have a growing interest in competitive shooting. In January 1998 Tobin was hired by the LaPorte County Sheriff's Department. In October of that same year, he received his firs instructor certification as a Tactical Shotgun Instructor from Singleton International. Tobin went on to receive accreditation from the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board as a handgun, shotgun, patrol rifle, and emergency vehicle operations instructor. He is also a certified as a law enforcement training provider through the Michigan Commission On Law Enforcement Training Standards.

Tobin served as a Deputy Sheriff from 1998 to 2004 and was also a member of the Emergency Response Team (SWAT). Since 2005 he has been employed full-time with the Long Beach Police Department as an officer and as their training coordinator. Tobin has also served part-time for the Trail Creek Police Department since 2002 and currently serves as their training coordinator. He also currently serves as a member of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security District 1 Law Enforcement Strike Team. As part of his law enforcement duties he was assigned to assist the United States Secret Service Vice Presidential Close Protection detail.

Tobin's interest in competitive shooting continues with regularly participating in IDPA, as well as being an IDPA certified Safety Officer. Tobin is a member of the following professional organizations: the International Association of Law Enforcement Instructors, International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association, Association of Law Enforcement Emergency Response Trainers International, The National Tactical Officers Association, and the Indiana SWAT Officer Association.

Bio
    Jeremy M. Van Gieson
    Instructor
    Jeremy Van Gieson has been involved with firearms and the shooting sports for 30 years, being taught firearms safety by his Grandfather. In his teens he shot informally, mostly focusing on smallbore rifle and bullseye handgun. Jeremy started in action shooting competitions in his early 20's, participating in Cowboy Action shoots, steel plate matches, multi-gun, IDPA and USPSA matches. He holds a Master Classification in IDPA's Stock Service Pistol Division. He is also an IDPA Safety Officer Instructor. Jeremy's also an NRA Handgun and Personal Protection Instructor. He is a GLOCK certified Armorer.

In 2008 Jeremy was hired as a Reserve Deputy Marshal by the Long Beach Police Department where he assists the department training coordinator in firearms related matters.

Hayden David
    Assistant Instructor

Hayden was introduced to firearms at a young age by his father and grand father. The passion for shooting and firearms started nearly immediately. Throughout adolescence, Hayden continued to develop skills through hunting and shooting any chance he got. During his teens, Hayden spent 4 years with the US Navy Sea Cadet Corps, where he received his first formal firearms instruction. At the age of 20, Hayden was introduced to the world of competition shooting. Competing in IDPA, 3-Gun matches, and a variety of other action shooting sports, he quickly excelled. In 2012, Hayden classified as an IDPA Expert in the Stock Service Pistol division, and also certified as an IDPA Safety Officer. Hayden currently serves as the Director of the Pistol Division at Michigan City Rifle Club. Hayden currently is an assistant instructor and continues to work toward becoming a full Tyr 1 Instructor

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How does such a device penetrate into the armor of a tank? Does it have to hit it in a certain spot? What exactly is in that tube and it is a 1 shot, throw away item?

Jedi, it depends on the rocket.
    Probably a shaped charge on a rocket.
    The shaped charge usually drives a ultra-hard metal through the skin of the tank. How much armor it can defeat depends on the rocket, the type of armor the tank has, and the "angle of attack".
    When the ultra-hard metal is driven through the tank, it creates a vacuum, which pulls "spall" behind it. Spall would be metal that's been turned to plasma by the explosion, armor of the tank and weapon together. This superheated "spall" turns the inside of the tank into a raging furnace for a second, igniting ammo and/or fuel. Also ignites clothing.

Whether it is throw away depends on what type it is.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, the good news is that the doc I had to see today to verify my health, was sure I wasn't scamming the system.
    The bad news is, when I mentioned I was hoping to go back to work in a couple weeks though, he kinda shook his head.
    Said maybe, but that depends on my doc. And they don't want me back too soon, it could undo all the work that's been done this month.
    2 to 4 weeks is possible. Darn.

Then when I get home, US Steel left a message saying I have to reschedule my appointment since I missed my appointment. What?
    I think I was supposed to see a doc that was in a meeting. So the other doc saw me.
    Then the doc I was supposed to see got out of the meeting, I wasn't there.
    I have to call to straighten it out.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Well, the good news is that the doc I had to see today to verify my health, was sure I wasn't scamming the system.
    The bad news is, when I mentioned I was hoping to go back to work in a couple weeks though, he kinda shook his head.
    Said maybe, but that depends on my doc. And they don't want me back too soon, it could undo all the work that's been done this month.

Then when I get home, US Steel left a message saying I have to reschedule my appointment since I missed my appointment. What?
    I think I was supposed to see a doc that was in a meeting. So the other doc saw me.

:faint:

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage

What happened??

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom