• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    So you're not allowed upstairs when the wife's home unless you're building snow forts or buying lunch.....got it! :scratch:

You've got it figured out about as well as I do.

Regardless, she don't come in my basement. I brew my own beer and usually have 3-5 kegs on tap. I have a 10' x 8' projector screen with a HD projector, xbox, ps3 and pc hooked up. 5.1ch surround sound in a heavily insulated room.

On the other end of the basement I have my reloading "room" (area) and another computer over there for load spreadsheets/ looking up starting points.

Then I have the cleaning area for my brewing setup. Double basin laundry tub and a multitude of attachments, old dishwasher for bottle sanitization, bottle racks for drying, cork press, cappers, etc.

I love my basement. it's the full size of the house, and it's all mine.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got a few inches and still falling in LaPorte County

I'd say we have 4 to 5 in south Lake County, shoveled a path for the dogs and I doubt we got 6" (yet) but its still falling.

Our school system (Lowell/Tri-Creek) called a 2 hour delay, ditto Hanover and Crown Point. As did a few others. Looks like Lake Central Schools is closed for the day, that is the only school closing of which I am currently aware.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Those are an awesome concept. Hide in plane sight.

I had a pretty good night bowling.

800%20Series%20Small.jpg
    Missed a few. Should have had a few more beers. Do you use full length gutter bumpers or just the short ones that start about 1/2 way down the lane?

Wow, a positive response to a self defense shooting. And at a school. Who'd have thought???

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Geez. I am so tired of the media b;owing stuff out of proportion. You would think we had gotten 20+ inches of snow they way they are covering this.

5 inches is an "impressive" amount. Really?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    No place is safe Jedi..... just saying....

well I don't think we got that much snow up here in Hammond it just looks like the wind picked up what we had and redistributed it... It is still snowing though... If someone would have put some salt on cline they probably wouldn't have those accidents all over it...

Anybody out in valpo or between griffith and valpo that can shed some light on road and snow conditions it would be appreciated....

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    No place is safe Jedi..... just saying....

well I don't think we got that much snow up here in Hammond it just looks like the wind picked up what we had and redistributed it... It is still snowing though... If someone would have put some salt on cline they probably wouldn't have those accidents all over it...

Anybody out in valpo or between griffith and valpo that can shed some light on road and snow conditions it would be appreciated....

In valpo now roads are crappy. Lots of drifting. I drove 49 this morning couldn't tell where the lanes were. Snow still lightly coming down and windy.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @gb
    it's safe in heaven ;)

as for the no salt its cause you did not pay enough in lake county taxes so they ran out of salt.
    how many accidents on cline? this am at 4am it was empty just jedi and one other car.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    While I was out on the tractor I was listening to WXRT and they announced that I65 had been closed for a short time, but was reopened.

Snow is pretty much done over here on the state line, very light flurries and some light blowing/drifting. Final tally, probably just over 6", but not by much.

From what I gathered quite a few of the school systems that were on 2 hour delays have shifted over to CLOSED for the day. Sister-in-law came out of the guest house to tell me that school was closed and I didn't need to clear the driveway. I continued as I had just looked at the weather radar 15 minutes earlier and it appeared the snow was close to finished. Then another 15 minutes later, wife came out, walked over to the guest house driveway to tell me to get off the tractor because school was closed. I don't always understand women. Don't we still need to clear the driveways regardless of if kids are in class or not? I continued on with my work. Got both of my drives done, did two neighbors that I help out too.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Our back deck a few minutes ago. Man, those windchimes are annoying.
    [video=youtube;zMvok5Qyxjk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMvok5Qyxjk&[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So far, the great snubbie shoot off is still on. 1 PM, or when you can get there. I think I'm going to try to leave a little early, to get lunch at Schoops nearby.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom