• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    No snow here in Texas....... Just sayin....
    Bummer for you.

Its beautiful up here but I just drove US41 up to Highland and back to Lowell and 41 is a mess. Hard pack snow over ice chunks and potholes. Average travel speed about 35~40mph. 1 lane on 41 open southbound from Cedar Lake. Otherwise all lanes open but still slow and BUMPY.

Trees are snow coated, sunshine now, absolutely beautiful out there!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Speaking of fires...

Does anyone know where I can walk in locally and buy a halon type fire extinguisher. I see them on line but haven't found any in a store...

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I dont know what everyone's problem is... I left the south side of Chicago at615, stopped and got fuel in Schererville, truck wouldn't restart, had to get jumped, but I was at work before 730 pushing snow. Anyone that can't handle these conditions isn't meant for life in general and should be cleared from my Path

M9Hoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    NWI
    Last night had hail coming down. this morning i look out and its snow! mother nature needs to get it together asap!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Speaking of fires...

Does anyone know where I can walk in locally and buy a halon type fire extinguisher. I see them on line but haven't found any in a store...

I don't know if those are available for regular people. I've only seen them in "commercial" settings. And I if I heard right, they're phasing them out from there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't know if those are available for regular people. I've only seen them in "commercial" settings. And I if I heard right, they're phasing them out from there.

What is Halon? How does Halon Work? Is Halon legal? Is Halon Safe?
    Because Halon is a CFC, production of new Halon ceased in 1994. There is no cost effective means of safely and effectively disposing of the Halon. Therefore, recycling and reusing the existing supply intelligently and responsibly to protect lives and property is the wisest solution.

While the production of Halon ceased on January 1, 1994, under the Clean Air Act, it is still legal to purchase and use recycled Halon and Halon fire extinguishers. In fact, the FAA continues to recommend Halon fire extinguishers for aircraft.

At H3R Clean Agents, we are certain that the eventual demise of Halon will come not from insufficient supply, but from the development of an equally effective agent that does not damage the ozone layer and is relatively inexpensive. No such agent is currently available.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's an add on for Firefox. Very handy. Highly recommended.

I don't even bother with nwi times though because of how crappy the ads are. 95% of the time I can't even open their site on my phone or tablets.

^This!
    Their dumb ads pop up so big on the phone and the "x" is so far off the screen that you can't get around it to close it. :facepalm:
    Even if you try to zoom out or move the screen the "x" continues to be off the screen and I just give up.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner going on now till 7 pm at American Legion Post 485, 7485 Burr Street, Schererville.
    They are also selling Corned Beef sandwiches.
    I'm on my way there now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom