• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Is anyone in NWI interested in getting together as a family group and going to different halloween haunted houses, hay rides, and corn mazes?:scared:

Check out the BUCKLEY HOMESTEAD about a mile or two east of Lowell. Every year they have an awesome (and huge) corn maze, they also have hay rides and all sorts of pioneer exhibits in the fall. But I don't think they do any haunted houses?

The "FALL FEST" is coming up, its the weekend of Oct 9/10, adults cost $4, but kids under 7 are free. The hayride is $1. They will have 'old time' craft booths selling things, various bands playing, etc.

Link => Special events... Buckely Homestead Fall Fest, October 9 & 10

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Check out the BUCKLEY HOMESTEAD about a mile or two east of Lowell. Every year they have an awesome (and huge) corn maze, they also have hay rides and all sorts of pioneer exhibits in the fall. But I don't think they do any haunted houses?

The "FALL FEST" is coming up, its the weekend of Oct 9/10, adults cost $4, but kids under 7 are free. The hayride is $1. They will have 'old time' craft booths selling things, various bands playing, etc.

Link => Special events... Buckely Homestead Fall Fest, October 9 & 10

With interest in this and Melensdad coming up with a location, can we start a list for locations, dates, and times for those interested in looking for a good time.

gmercer308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Lake Village, IN
    Hey guys, I've been working at a pumpkin patch for over twelve years now. It's Kregel's Pumpkin Patch in Crown Point Indiana. It's a great place for the whole family. We have a corn maze, hay rides, petting zoo, pumpkin slingshot, farmers market, homemade kettle corn, and we're open 7 days a week till Oct. 31st from 9-6 Monday through Saturday and 12-6 on Sundays. We're located about a tenth of a mile south of 133rd on the east side of Nine Mile (Grant St. , or Indiana 55). We don't do haunted hayrides though. If you guys would like more details let me know!

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    ...in Crown Point Indiana....We have a corn maze, hay rides, petting zoo, pumpkin slingshot, farmers market, homemade kettle corn...

I love fresh kettle corn. It's so close, wife and I might have to head on down. I think we might even carve a pumpkin this year.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Hey guys, I've been working at a pumpkin patch for over twelve years now. It's Kregel's Pumpkin Patch in Crown Point Indiana. It's a great place for the whole family. We have a corn maze, hay rides, petting zoo, pumpkin slingshot, farmers market, homemade kettle corn, and we're open 7 days a week till Oct. 31st from 9-6 Monday through Saturday and 12-6 on Sundays. We're located about a tenth of a mile south of 133rd on the east side of Nine Mile (Grant St. , or Indiana 55). We don't do haunted hayrides though. If you guys would like more details let me know!

We've been going there every year for the past 15 years to get our pumpkins. You forgot to mention that people ride hay wagons out to the pumpkin patches too! I think that is as much fun as picking the pumpkins.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    That Oliver is baaaaaaaaaaaaad!

I used to collect and restore old Oliver tractors. I saw a Row Crop 77 being used yesterday in Merrillville on a small farm patch.

Here is my last Oliver (still sad I sold this one) it was under a collapsed barn when I bought it. I was pretty active in the Hart-Parr/Oliver Collectors Association, still have some memorabalia, etc. I'd lover to buy and restore an Oliver HG58 or Cletrac (a div of Oliver) crawler.
    IMG_0011.jpg

gmercer308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Lake Village, IN
    We've been going there every year for the past 15 years to get our pumpkins. You forgot to mention that people ride hay wagons out to the pumpkin patches too! I think that is as much fun as picking the pumpkins.

Yea you are correct the hayrides are for the people, we take them to the field you pick your pumpkins from the field and pay the driver in the field and then we take you back up to the front.

There is also pony rides too, forgot to mention that.

Thank you for your patronage to the pumpkin patch melensdad! :)

If you or anyone else comes I'm always there wearin my camo hat and I have very long side burns :rockwoot: ha ha. Feel free to introduce yourself! If we're super busy I may even be your hayride driver.

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Who was talking about the pumpkin trebuchet and pumpkin trap shooting at the cigar night? No offense gmercer, but I think that might beat your pumpkin launcher.

43.gif
    :biggun:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Who was talking about the pumpkin trebuchet and pumpkin trap shooting at the cigar night?

That was Terry (tem375).

His future in-laws apparently run the Harvest Festival at the Lake County Fairgrounds, the event was this past Sunday. I didn't get a chance to attend (yard work). Apparently Terry's team's ballista broke, I guess the Ford F150 leaf springs put too much stress on the wood and cracked it.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I'm going to the Tipton gun show Saturday to talk to a guy about my Colt SAA. Anyone want to ride out there?

PM me if interested and I'll send my number. I'm not looking for gas or anything, just wanted to see if anyone wanted to ride.

Last edited:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Tipton was great today. I was only there for about 30 minutes, but I worked a deal for my Colt and I'm beaming!

I'll be on Brownells and Smith & Alexander for the rest of the night blowing cash I don't have. I'm customizing!

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    picture.php

Here we go. A damn-near new SS Springfield Armory 1911-A1. I had other options, but recently, life happened (per usual), and I needed more cash and less gun. It's still a beauty though, and I'm looking at Springfield Armory custom shop right now for a beavertail (my short, fat hands), a Commander hammer (my short, weak thumbs), and possibly GripsbyEsmerelda for some Celtic pizzazz (please don't tell the IRA that I said "Celtic pizzazz).

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Hopefully, some recent changes at work will put me near some more guns soon. Greentop Sports back home recently had 2 (!!!) Detonics, Commander size (or thereabouts) used for sale. Greentop is an incredible store with their used guns listed daily on the website in PDF. Melensdad, You've got me hooked on those Detonics--they really are about the most innovative and best looking pistols around--and they're 25 to 30 years old in some cases!!

Anyway though, there's one more 1911 calling me Papa...

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    and possibly GripsbyEsmerelda

I'm not sure if she is still making full custom grips, I have a custom set she made for me and they are beautiful at a good price. You may want to consider Joe Perkins of Outlaw Grips, he is probably the best custom 1911 grip maker I know and has made some grips for me. If you don't mind dealing with a grip maker overseas (Turkey) you may want to consider getting in touch with Cenk Gultekin at Handmade Grips. Or for simply exotic, rare and endangered woods I can't recommend anyone higher than Evan over at Locrian Customs.

Melensdad, You've got me hooked on those Detonics--they really are about the most innovative and best looking pistols around--and they're 25 to 30 years old in some cases!!
    Oh, there are some that are every bit of 35 years old sitting in my collection. I've got one of the very first guns produced, so old that many of the experts I rely on for information about Detonics had never even seen the variant but it came with the factory manual that proved authenticity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom