• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I'll need to make a holster when my S&W light comes in for my M&P. I can't wait to try a holster that is fitted for a light. Should be a fun time.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    BTW... as a question to the masses... what cleaning supplies do I need for my S&W? Brush? Patches? solvent?
    edit: Cornered Cat - Gun Cleaning 101

The kit in the plastic box in your link is what we have. You can pick those (and similar) up at walmart, or obviously Cabela's & the like. I recently picked up a cleaning mat (got sick of darkkevin using towels!) for $12 or so. If you need/want, we/I can show you how to take that
    beautiful big-boned girl apart. I imagine you want to figure it out yourself, though.
    Also, if you have sensitive skin, gloves are a good idea. The copper solvent irritates the hell outta my hands, so I ordered some PINK!!! (in honor of da godfadder Jedi) nitrile gloves.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Also, if you have sensitive skin, gloves are a good idea. The copper solvent irritates the hell outta my hands, so I ordered some PINK!!! (in honor of da godfadder Jedi) nitrile gloves.

Did someone say PINK!
    !ByNQq,!BGk~$(KGrHqUOKiUEwSBd,NPwBMQy6gcJWg~~_35.JPG

I use the nitrile gloves also but have them in blue only. :( Typically get them from Costco or Harbor Freight. Did not know they came in PINK.
    Where did you get them from in that color. They make purple as well don't they?

Hum... ideas spinning in my head. :D

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I got them off galls.com, where I ordered my carry belt from. Mainly, I wanted free shipping (orders over $50) and there wasn't anything cheap I wanted. I knew I'd use the gloves, so I went with them. Didn't want pink, but I didn't want to insult da godfadder! I think they even had neon green. Maybe next time I'll stick with my normal black. :D:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... BTW... as a question to the masses... what cleaning supplies do I need for my S&W? Brush? Patches? solvent?
    edit: Cornered Cat - Gun Cleaning 101

I can not say enough good things about MPro-7 for cleaning. It doesn't stink up the house either. If you are not picky and need some stuff, I have a lot of extra cleaning supplies sitting around. I could see myself clear to send some your way when we meet (if you haven't rushed out and bought some already). Just let me know what type of gun you have. BTW, I'll need a little bit more than "big boned."

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I can not say enough good things about MPro-7 for cleaning. It doesn't stink up the house either. If you are not picky and need some stuff, I have a lot of extra cleaning supplies sitting around. I could see myself clear to send some your way when we meet (if you haven't rushed out and bought some already). Just let me know what type of gun you have. BTW, I'll need a little bit more than "big boned."

It's a S&W model 659. 9mm.
    On my end, thanks for the link for Mpro-7. I'll be looking into that.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    M-pro is good stuff, non toxic, safe around kids dogs etc. I believe you still need an oil after using m-pro or you might get some surface rust since m-pro cuts all the oil and grease off the surface.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    It's a S&W model 659. 9mm.
    On my end, thanks for the link for Mpro-7. I'll be looking into that.

Thanks.

The key to MPro is to FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. When I first purchased a small bottle a couple years ago, I tried using it like my other cleaners. I sprayed it on and started scrubbing. I was disappointed at how it worked so I threw it in the "tried it" bin. A year or so later I read a glowing review online from one of my favorite gun bloggers. He emphasized following the directions. I pulled out the old bottle of MPro and this time sprayed the gun down and let it sit (in a bin with a plastic bag over it) before scrubbing. Wow ... what a difference. It's an excellent cleaner that cuts down on scrubbing time when used as directed.

Note ... I still use MiliTec and Slipstream for lubrication on all my guns. I use Eezox for storage of infrequently used guns or if I know I will be playing in the rain.

M-pro is good stuff, non toxic, safe around kids dogs etc.

That is the biggest bonus ... it doesn't smell and it doesn't drive everyone out of the room. You don't feel like you're huffing after cleaning a gun. Wife loves it.

Last edited:

Casey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Hey, I just found this thread. I live in Valpo.

Any advice for a guy going to his first gun show tomorrow? It's not going to be just a bunch of people showing off their biceps is it?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Any advice for a guy going to his first gun show tomorrow? It's not going to be just a bunch of people showing off their biceps is it?

Welcome to INGO from Hobart. I have not been to the Valpo gun show but I herd it is nice. Is there anything that you are looking for? Most gun shows you can't carry a loaded gun. I think they have someone at the door to check it and put a zip tie throw the barrel and ejection port for everybody's safety. And one more thing have fun.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart

Sometimes they are hit and miss. I usually try to have specific things in mind that I'm looking for, and a general price. Haggle they really don't want to haul all that stuff home, and definitly don't buy the first thing you see walk around and talk to everyone. Tomorrow will be the first time I've been to the valpo one, so take it for what its worth. As for the biceps you'll proballly have to pay extra. On to the real question are you north or south of 30?

Casey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Valparaiso
    To answer your question about north or south of 30, yes. :)

Thanks for the info, guys.

Do they usually have pretty good deals? I only have maybe $3-400 to work with.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    To answer your question about north or south of 30, yes. :)

Thanks for the info, guys.

Do they usually have pretty good deals? I only have maybe $3-400 to work with.

Depends on what your looking to buy, the last couple I've been to the price on guns and ammo weren't great. The other stuff mags,knifes etc.. were okay but were about the same price as in lgs. But you can always hope. :cool:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Thanks WD. I may take you up on that. Got a friend going to the Valpo gun show to pick me up a cleaning kit.

Shot my big boned gun today... really nice. Barely any recoil... thanks t_star. You're going to make me poor. I shot through 40 rounds of 9mm in about 15 minutes.

bianjd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Hobart
    Hello,
    I am from Hobart and was wondering if anyone has filled out a form 4 and turned it in to the HPD just seein how the response was lookin to pick up a AR and would like to get a can for it I have the paper work for the form 4 so when I get the gun I would like to pay/apply for the can at the same time.

thanks
    Jeremiah

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks WD. I may take you up on that. Got a friend going to the Valpo gun show to pick me up a cleaning kit.

Shot my big boned gun today... really nice. Barely any recoil... thanks t_star. You're going to make me poor. I shot through 40 rounds of 9mm in about 15 minutes.

Ohhh no you don't! :nono: Don't go blaming your broke-ness on me! I'm not MAKING you shoot the thing! That's all on you my friend! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom