Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I know this is not sarcasm :oldwise:
    It is not at all. Bringing home a child you created is already two children too many. I can't imagine the masochist who would want to bring home someone else's child. I won't even allow my friends/family to bring over their children. I had to turn away my fiance's sibling when they showed up with their kid after I told them no children allowed.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    My deepest condolences Sir. I can't even imagine the pain you must be going through right now.
    Fostering and now adoption are just part of what I do to try to lessen the impact of clown world. If no one tries to make a difference...nothing will be different.

Is it tough? Oh yea, you have no idea. I have had bones broken, damage done to my house, and countless challenges. What is the reward then? Helping a child overcome the trauma they have been through and helping them onto a path that will lead them to be productive members of society rather than members dependent on it.

It is not for everyone. I have the needed patience and skills though. Pain, sure some. It also has rewards for the child, for society, and for me. I am one of around 20 therapeutic+ homes in the state. That is about 2000 short of what is actually needed.

What have you done lately to turn the tide?

Kids on the bus. School here is running as normal.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Couple inches here already. Highly doubt my customers are gonna come pick up their vehicles today, especially the guy from South Bend

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Freezing John Travolta GIF (GIF Image)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Fostering and now adoption are just part of what I do to try to lessen the impact of clown world. If no one tries to make a difference...nothing will be different.

Is it tough? Oh yea, you have no idea. . . .
    Yup, trying to help a couple kids here too

We have 1 daughter from our marriage, now 28, plus another we took it at 15, now 22, and a son we took in at 2 months, now 3.5 years old.

We move the 22 year old to a new job at Apple Computer in July after she graduates from Notre Dame in May. The 3.5 year old currently is on a career path to be a demolition derby driver, but I suspect that will change as he grows older.

Best, most rewarding, but hardest thing to do in life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom