• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Ours is. We both keep an eye on the caged exit portion.
    I wish I had known they didn't when it was put in. As it is, I have a ball valve outside that either sends it underground or out a pipe. The old valve was stuck sending the water down, so I removed it and the pipe. I wasn't expecting this amount of water, nor that it would not go far enough to flow away from the house. Live and learn. New valve in now.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I use some really awesome tape. Not as rough as skateboard tape, but really grippy.
    GT-5000 (3 Strips) Grip Tape for Guns, Cell Phones, Cameras, Knives, Tools - Makes Anything "Grippy". https://a.co/d/8wT4aDw

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Check your sump pumps if you have them.

Ours wasn't quite keeping up since the discharge was dumping it right next to the house. Got it redirected, and now we are getting around to finally cleaning the basement. :n00b:
    That sucks. I told the wife last week I'm changing out our 8 year old pump. Did it this past Saturday. Went with a Zoeller M53 with the recommendation from a plumber buddy. Not taking any chances with all the melting and rain coming. Been there done that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yep. Major malfunction between all these "distribution" centers. I've got a letter in one of the USPS official expedited envelopes that went from Schererville to Elk Grove Village distribution (which I'd never heard of after 38 years in the mail biz), then onto Bedford Park for several days, and now in Chicago distribution. I mailed on Thursday and it's supposed to be heading south to Indy.

Regional Postmaster must be so proud.

If only they could design the software to look for when it's stuck in a loop.

If only that couldn't be done 30 years ago.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Yep. Major malfunction between all these "distribution" centers. I've got a letter in one of the USPS official expedited envelopes that went from Schererville to Elk Grove Village distribution (which I'd never heard of after 38 years in the mail biz), then onto Bedford Park for several days, and now in Chicago distribution. I mailed on Thursday and it's supposed to be heading south to Indy.

Regional Postmaster must be so proud.

Amazon deliveries are getting to be ridiculously slow also.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    That sucks. I told the wife last week I'm changing out our 8 year old pump. Did it this past Saturday. Went with a Zoeller M53 with the recommendation from a plumber buddy. Not taking any chances with all the melting and rain coming. Been there done that.
    Zoellers are good pumps. If you went to Lowes for one you would at least have an easy rereplacement in a few days when it failed. Don’t ask me how I know.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Amazon deliveries are getting to be ridiculously slow also.
    Haven't had that problem. Apart from driving through Kevin and T's yard all the time they might be the best.

Even UPS and FedEx(Express, not Ground) are pretty good for me the majority of the time.

The USPS package I posted about above still hasn't left Bedford Park according to the tracking and it was rescheduled for delivery today(originally Tuesday). Good news is whatever mail class it is, if not delivered today I can file an inquiry. It usually has to be over a week late before they'll let me do that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    NIB FREE
    20240125_070245.jpg
    Amazon, sheesh!

I ordered this and then immediately canceled it. I got a cancellation notice. Two weeks later it came from amazon.

Since I had canceled it. It wasn't in my purchased history. So I couldn't get a return label for It. I contacted Amazon and asked them for a return label. they said. Wasn't there a problem that I have to contact the company that made it.

I contacted the company that made it and they said wasn't their problem. I had to return It to Amazon myself.I went back-and-forth with Amazon and the distributor and to no Avail. After a month of fighting, everybody stopped emailing me on what I should do. I told him I was gonna throw it in the garbage. however, if somebody would like this. They can have it for free. Because I'm not gonna mess with Amazon. I didn't pay for it. I don't want anything for it.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    NIB FREE
    View attachment 328163
    Amazon, sheesh!

I ordered this and then immediately canceled it. I got a cancellation notice. Two weeks later it came from amazon.

Since I had canceled it. It wasn't in my purchased history. So I couldn't get a return label for It. I contacted Amazon and asked them for a return label. they said. Wasn't there a problem that I have to contact the company that made it.

I contacted the company that made it and they said wasn't their problem. I had to return It to Amazon myself.I went back-and-forth with Amazon and the distributor and to no Avail. After a month of fighting, everybody stopped emailing me on what I should do. I told him I was gonna throw it in the garbage. however, if somebody would like this. They can have it for free. Because I'm not gonna mess with Amazon. I didn't pay for it. I don't want anything for it.
    pretty safe to say no one has a clue what that is. :lmfao:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Don't buy sump pumps at Big Box Stores!
    Zoeller or Grunfos at Leeps or another actual plumbing supply!
    This!!

Zoeller is a very good brand but they have 2 lines. The big box store gets thr line that comes from China with the zoeller name. Junk!

The actual plumbing stores had the real zoeller units.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom