NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Anyone attend the Crown Point show today? Holy rif-raf. Lol
    I have lived in cp the better part of my life only gone to that show 1 time. I’m sure there are deals to be had (or used to be) but the cover charge and crowds keep me out.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Except Friday.
    In by 4 and, I'm usually walking out when the throngs file in.
    Yeah Friday is a crap shoot. Even when planning vacations we normally go Sunday night through Friday lol we miss out on SOME weekend specific events / activities but it is worth the trade of normally. Of course there are exceptions some things only happen on the weekends but we keep those events to a minimum.

Mr24g

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2024
    NWI
    I have lived in cp the better part of my life only gone to that show 1 time. I’m sure there are deals to be had (or used to be) but the cover charge and crowds keep me out.
    It’s been a few years for me as well. And I see why I haven’t been there in a while. lol

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've picked up a few good deals the last couple I've went to. Not hitting this weekends show up.

Speaking of the CP gunshow. Anyone up for meet n eat? Next show is April 6th and 7th.

Have plenty of feedback leading to either Aurelios or Gelsosomos as meeting point. Will start a thread/poll if get a few interested here

Edit to add Crown Point location

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I've picked up a few good deals the last couple I've went to. Not hitting this weekends show up.

Speaking of the CP gunshow. Anyone up for meet n eat? Next show is April 6th and 7th.

Have plenty of feedback leading to either Aurelios or Gelsosomos as meeting point. Will start a thread/poll if get a few interested here
    Sounds good to me.

Mr24g

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2024
    NWI

Edit to add Crown Point location
    I’d love to have one. Seeing as I missed the most recent one due to work.

Edit: I’m pretty sure I owe some thirsty fellas here a drink, now maybe two from missing prior event.

MidWily

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2024
    Lake County
    I do occasionally hold my pistol sideways to see if it works better. It never does. :dunno:

I had a beat up old raven arms 25acp that would only reliably eject when you held it 'gangsta' style. Still didn't work great but I could get through a 6 round mag at least 95% of the time compared to stovepiping every other round shooting like a serious person. I think your problem is the firearms you're shooting are actually functional in normal circumstances :):

sometimes I wonder if that whole stance was the result of how reliable those cheapo saturday night specials worked or if it was a hollywood invention

MidWily

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2024
    Lake County
    What area? You narrowed it down to half of Porter County :):
    Fair enough. Actually not that far out, like a 15 minute drive east from downtown valpo, I assumed its in unincorporated valpo based on all the plans he's got but it might be in valpo proper. Just didn't wanna get too specific, I'm sure my inlaw wouldn't love the idea of people finding his little 2a friendly spot and find people shooting his steel when he goes out there to prepare to build his house.
    he's got all kinds of neat stuff planned, he's trying to get an aquascape permit so he can dig out a pond to casually fish in, he wants to plot out some ATV trails, a pitching/putting green, and get a huge pool and that's on top of the range he's gonna continue to add to with more targets. When he told me he was going to build a guest house and wanted everyone in the family to have a key I told him he was nuts, if I had a key to a guest house with all that cool stuff on the property I'd sell my house and become a squatter there lol

Mr24g

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2024
    NWI
    I actually picked up some unique ammo from that one vendor who has all the carts taking up a whole row. He always has every kind of ammo you need at an “ok” price.

Been a while since I’ve been to one. As previously stated, lots of RifRaf. But glad to see so many more women and children in attendance as apposed to looking like a retirement event as it has looked in previous years.

And I only went by mistake. I was pretty sure the show was scheduled for the 17th. But somehow it got bumped up to this weekend. Which caught me by surprise.

Top Bottom