NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    There were 4 squad cars and 2 ambulances here on my block (49th Place, Woods Park sub-division) for about 30 minutes. All gone now. I have no idea what was going on. :dunno:

Edit: I emailed Region Sports News and they replied they thought it was a psych call. I'm guessing they have better scanners than the app on my phone.

@Snapdragon - hope Mama Snap is doing better, keeping you both in my thoughts.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    First of all, you all came off as being smartasses about it. Second, it's reasonable to assume Toyota are being a bunch of overcharging dicks because they want $40 whenever I need an cabin air filter and I end up getting them for like $15 on my own.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    First of all, you all came off as being smartasses about it. Second, it's reasonable to assume Toyota are being a bunch of overcharging dicks because they want $40 whenever I need an cabin air filter and I end up getting them for like $15 on my own.
    I had to re-read the exchange…. Definitely not seeing the smarta$$ery you’re referencing. :scratch:

Blink 8 times if the spiders are holding you captive and making you type this.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Is that installed or just buying the filter?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    to @tv1217 - helpful equals what
    Edit: everything is overpriced. I say that with true boomerish crankiness.

Haaaaay, I resemble that remark!

With material prices nearly tripled from a couple years ago and not being able to get an unskilled laborer to come to work for less than $20 an hour!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    First of all, you all came off as being smartasses about it.
    None detected. People told you why it was expensive.
    Second, it's reasonable to assume Toyota are being a bunch of overcharging dicks because they want $40 whenever I need an cabin air filter and I end up getting them for like $15 on my own.
    A proprietary as opposed to aftermarket device should be installed for free?
    View attachment 343451

They just trying to make a living wage.
    ;)
    Aren't we all?
    what happened to the armageddon like rain and storms we were supposed to get last night?
    I woke up to a thunder clap for the first time in years. I told G-d, "That was awesome! " and went back to sleep.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yup. I've been a smarta$$ all my life.
    And I didn't see anybody being a smarta$$ there.

If it's so much, do the job yourself, and then tell us which is worth it, pay for it or do it yourself.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    If it's so much, do the job yourself, and then tell us which is worth it, pay for it or do it yourself.
    Depends on the stage of the job.

Just got quote - holy moly, I can do that myself!

Knee deep in job - why didn't I pay someone else to do this?

Job done - glad I did it my self! *

* assumes job went well and you didn't have to get a professional to finish/fix it, which cost you more than the original quote.

@tv1217 - why not clean it up before you take it for a quote?

You do know that super high quotes are a way of saying, "We'll do this job, but we don't want to."

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    $15 for the filter. I never had them actually do it so I've never actually seen their breakdown for labor and materials costs.
    Costs a lot to have that employee available, even for small jobs. Between wages/taxes/benefits, etc ... may cost $50-100 per hour each employee. They've gotta make that back somewhere. Little jobs are a quick little bump to the bottom line.

And ... some people can't twist their bodies into the positions you need to install filters and such, so they pay the premium.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom