NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Looks like the wife has volunteered me to do 30# of pulled pork for the FD in 10 days. All the fireman I've fed have loved it so they thought I'd be a good candidate for cooking for a Project Fire Buddies meeting coming upon the 27th. Guess I'll oblige for the good cause.

Anyone see some good deals on pork shoulders/butts?
    Have you tried Hobart Meat Locker on Randolph south of 30. Used them when I was on the fire dept.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Pretty sure the mower deck will be operational in about a week when parts arrive.

Ordered new V-belts for the mower deck. Also ordered a spindle and an assembly for an idler pulley. One or the other of those parts is badly worn, probably both of them, causing the pulley to ride low on one side, which seems to be causing the belts to break.

Belts cost more than the parts, and belts are pretty cheap. Hopefully $100 (including a spare belt) will resolve all these issues and the parts and belts will arrive next week.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Pretty sure the mower deck will be operational in about a week when parts arrive.

Ordered new V-belts for the mower deck. Also ordered a spindle and an assembly for an idler pulley. One or the other of those parts is badly worn, probably both of them, causing the pulley to ride low on one side, which seems to be causing the belts to break.

Belts cost more than the parts, and belts are pretty cheap. Hopefully $100 (including a spare belt) will resolve all these issues and the parts and belts will arrive next week.
    Do you have the leveler rollers on each corner of the deck that ride the ground? I found adjusting those helped for less deck movement and better quality cut when my dad got his first zero-turn.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I thought it was acquired a few years ago and kept the name.
    I think this is what you are referring to:

And there was some combination with Wiseway at that time also. Some stores got rebranded as Stracks that were Wiseway. Last Wiseway was sold in 2022?

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Interested to see what becomes of this. Better product? Lower or higher costs?

They have been sliding down. We used to shop there exclusively, but that has been changing the last year or so.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I thought it was acquired a few years ago and kept the name.
    Central grocers (Centrella products) bought into it years ago. It had something to do with the Van Tils and
    that is how they ended up being open on Sundays.
    Central grocers went kaput and some of the main people of Stracks along with a head honcho by the name
    of Dave Wilkinson started Indiana grocers and bought them out but closed some stores like the Ultra segment,
    and the Stracks on Taft in M-ville.
    I have had the inside scoop from a very close relative that was high on the food chain there.

Top Bottom