• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What date should the JUN/JUL 2011 MEET & SHOOT be on?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I can bring whatever is needed......let me know. I'll probably have a few guns with me also..........:-)

I already told you with your callsign you need to bring her with you as well.
    500x_tron-girl.jpg

Food wise looks like we are coming along fine.
    I think 16 hotdogs and 16 burgers should be enough to feed everyone at least 1 of each. We have 15 confirmed so far. Here are some possible ideas.

8 hotdogs/buns (just in case anyone wants an extra one)
    dip for chips (we have lots of chips coming)

These two are always welcomed and with it being 87 deg this time around they might be in more demand for drinks (soda, water). Lastly some type of desert. The little donuts and ho-hos were a big hit last time. I think the bite size of them is what made people continue to munch on them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll make sure to bring a pack of dogs and buns. Anyone bringing water or is this event BYOB lol. PS anywhere good to camp out in that area that night?

Thank you. I've updated the OP.
    Jsheets1 is bring a case of water. I will also be bring 10 bottles of water as well in addition to the gallon of Purple Kool-Aid that is a staple at the event. :D Bill B will be bringing a 12 pak of pop as well.

I will have a cooler wth ice packs for the meats and water.

In terms of camping litteraly right next door to the range is the the tippecanoe river state park. It's a nice park though I have never camped out at it you can. See here for more information.

DNR: Tippecanoe River

They have this for camping.
    • Electric / 112 sites
    • Horsemen's / 56 sites - primitive
    • Canoe Camp / 10 sites
    • Rent-A-Camp Cabins
    • Group Camp
    • Youth Tent Areas
    • Dumping Station
    Yuo can use this website to rent a spot at the park.
    Campgrounds and Camping Reservations - Indiana Department of Natural Resources

Looks to be $10 a night for the canoe spots (non-electric) and $24 for the electrical spots and they do have slots avaliable for the 9th in both areas. The cabins are all SOLD out for the 9th.

Hum... perhpas for a future MEET & SHOOT this might be worth looking into. Thanks for the idea!!!

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Cool thanks for the heads up. Looks like this isn't the kind of camping I'm looking for, but in the future yeah a group thing might be cool. I did get that ammo in, so I should be able to share with just about anyone who wants to put some rounds through my stuff. See you guys there.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    ok, last update from the Bill B clan. Food: 3 bags various chips, 1 case H2O, 2 12packs faygo soda, 1 pack hot dogs, bread (or buns, I ain't in charge of the food), and ice.
    Firearms: as before, except we will have TWO mosins, unfortunately we will have very limited ammo, any 7.62x54r donations by shooters would be greatly appreciated.
    People: Bill B., Mrs. Bill B., Josh B., Josh B. girlfriend (first time shooter!), and Bill B grandson. so 4 and a half.
    Donations: at least a five spot for wood. Note to self, bring tools for muzzleloader.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Cool thanks for the heads up. Looks like this isn't the kind of camping I'm looking for, but in the future yeah a group thing might be cool. I did get that ammo in, so I should be able to share with just about anyone who wants to put some rounds through my stuff. See you guys there.
    What were you looking for? anything more than a fart sack and poncho is too good
    But really, what were you looking for as far as camping?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ok, last update from the Bill B clan. Food: 3 bags various chips, 1 case H2O, 2 12packs faygo soda, 1 pack hot dogs, bread (or buns, I ain't in charge of the food), and ice.
    Firearms: as before, except we will have TWO mosins, unfortunately we will have very limited ammo, any 7.62x54r donations by shooters would be greatly appreciated.
    People: Bill B., Mrs. Bill B., Josh B., Josh B. girlfriend (first time shooter!), and Bill B grandson. so 4 and a half.
    Donations: at least a five spot for wood. Note to self, bring tools for muzzleloader.

WOW! Thanks Bill OP updated for food and new firearms.

I got 10 plywoods from Menards $61.95 total and we finally got permission from Fenway to do something with the plywood donation. :D It will have a little "donated by NWI INGO" on it for all to see when they go up! :rockwoot:

So lets see...

Bug Spray - CHECK!
    Food - CHECK!
    Grilling Tools - CHECK!
    Cooler - CHECK!
    "Da Ho-Hos!" - CHECK! :D
    Table - CHECK!
    Ghetto Wagon - CHECK!
    oh yeah more Bug Spray - CHECK!
    Paper Targets - CHECK!
    Appleseed flyers - CHECK!
    Spotting Scope - CHECK!
    Range bag - CHECK!
    Staple Gun - CHECK!
    oh yeah yet more Bug Spray - CHECK!
    Ammo cans - CHECK!

am I forgetting anything? :dunno:

DUH!!! the guns - CHECK! :laugh:

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    exactly. I was looking for something a little more off the beaten path where maybe I would camp and no one would be around. Wanted to just set up with a poncho and make some simple shelter. Doesn't look like this park is the kind of place to do that though.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Just got called in to work. Sounds like you guys are going to have great weather don't forget the bug spray :) I hope to make the next one.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I felt sorry for the little birdies.
    The Bill B. clan had a blast. The new shooter had fun, but didn't like the shotgun so much.
    I know Kitty was having a blast, she may have caught the mosin virus (bwah hahaha).
    I was about halfway zeroed in with the muzzleloader when the fiber optic in the front sight broke :(
    Anway we all had a blast and I got to put some more faces with screen names (I'll forget real names before the next one).
    Oh, and the A/C on the wife's truck took a dump so it twas a warm ride home

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jediagh's AAR

--FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $90.54 (jediagh)
    Expenses: -$61.95 (10 plywoods donated to range)
    Donations: $25 ($5 Bill B; $20 Clif45)
    Post-Event Pot: $53.59

Thank you to our donors who have made it possible to give the range plywood each time we have been out. Mr. Kraft (RO) was very grateful for the plywood. Looks like he only have 2 in the hut before our donation today.

In a first for NWI INGO we were able to "sign" the plywood so to speak. We stapled a little piece of paper with the following message on each plywood donated.

This plywood was donated by the Northwest Indiana social group of INGunOwners.com
    Visit us online for upcoming events, Indiana gun laws and to talk with other Indiana gun owners.

logo1.gif

Fenway via esrice did approve of this message BTW.
    Now mind you the signs were printed with "Indian" instead of "Indiana" but a quick "a" with the pen solved that type-o. :D

Hopefully a more permanent solution (ie. spray painted logo/text) can be done for the future.

--FOOD UPDATE--
    Special thanks to Melensdad for allowing us to "steal" his grill for the event. We promise never to return the grill. ;)

A big round of thank you to all the food donors. We have a slew of stuff to munch on some which was not even open.

We ended up with 2 packs of unopened hot dogs and 1 pack of brauts/sausages. Can't recall the name of the member but it was the gentleman from Goshen with his 3 girls. So we have "dogs" for next time.

Also Kitty +1 for the plates! We are set with 250 plates for next time as well.

Groovatron the cookies your group brought were yummy! Kebler Elf stuff **IS** the bomb! We have 1 unopened package for next time as well.

Those that brought pop and water very much appreciated. It was HOT today and those cold liquids really hit the stop! Heck the grape kool-aid I ended up with very little. My son was not to happy when I returned with so little. :laugh:

What we completed went thru was the bread. Good!

--NEW GUEST--
    We had several first this time around. We have 1 member drive all the way from Greenwood (Airborne) and another from Ft. Wayne (Libertarian01). That is a 2+ hour drive so the NE and Indy area were represented. In addition a gentlemen from Goshen, IN brought his 3 girls to the event as well. [Name I can't recall] :(. We also had 6 kids attend the event this time around. :rockwoot: Starting them off young. :)

Also the "army boys" showed up and I finally got their INGO name. It was Ness2K and his friends that came.

--MY DAY--
    Appleseed related
    It was a "fair" date for me in terms of my appleseed shooting.
    Test 1 = 106 (Unqualified)
    Test 2 = 182 (Sharpshooter)
    Test 3 = 140 (Marksmen)
    Test 4 = 188 (Sharpshooter)
    Test 5 = 148 (Marksmen)

As you can see I was all over the place today. However, clif45 showed me a new way to breath so to speak. I would hold my breath and then shoot where as he told me I should breath normal and shoot at the end (when I am exhaling).

Still using a 10/22 with no sling and federal ammo only.
    I did try the CCI minimags ammo on 1 ATC and the results of that ammo on my 10/22 are much better than the federal. They (CCI) sounds LOUDER than the federal but the recoil (so little it is not noticeable, while the federal you can tell it's there even if it is very small) is a lot less and they land more on target than the federal.

I'm going to continue with the federal for a while however. My goal is to add the sling before the year is out and increase my score with the federal before I move over to the CCI.

BTW now I see why the extended mag release comes in handy especially when you are timed on the test. :D I think this is just an evil plan to make me upgrade the 10/22 even more.

BTW shameless plug here for those that DID NOT ATTEND since I gave flyers to those that did make it.

Appleseed August 13-14, @ Lake Village, IN (Private Range)
    http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23386.0

Mag Dump via AK
    Thanks to Ms. Bill B via Clif45's phone we actually got video of a full line of AKs and ARs doing a mag dump. :rockwoot: & yes people got hurt! It rained HOT brass/steel on many of us as we all fired away. Oh the burns!!!
    Hopefully Clif45 will upload the video soon for all to see.

See what you missed those that did not show up. :popcorn:

Other Guns
    Thanks Bill B for letting me put a few rounds via the Mosin. Always a fun gun to shoot.

Kitty next time I think I'll just toss your old western revolver. That will be so much more easier than having to load and unload 1 at a time. :D As for your other revolver. Me no like, it hurts! :D

Grovatron now I NEED to get the Rem870. It's so much better than the Moss500! Going to have to see if I can do a trade for my Moss500 to a 870. The ergonomics with the SpecOps Stock is just SO MUCH better!

The yellow wagon
    FR1245-2.jpg

This wagon (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s/153744-review_range_wagon_utility_cart.html) really helped me out today. What normally takes me 5 to 6 trips only required 2 today! If I did not have all the "social stuff" (ie. food, coolers, chair, table) it would only be a 1 trip for all my gear. Well worth the investment I made in it.

Spotting Scope
    I don't recall who asked about my spotting scope.
    149459_ts.JPG
    In any case this is where I got it from:

Spotting Scopes, Spotting Scope Package, By Meade at Sportsman's Guide

It's on sale now and ever a better price than what I paid. Well worth it for the 25 and 50 yard range where I have used it.

The Bug Spray
    The bugs were not as bad this time around but the bug spray did help! I used the new Off with 40% DEET and had no issues the whole day (10AM to 4:30PM). Granted I smell like OFF! all day and the ride home was not so nice being smelly, sticky, dirty and OFF! :laugh:

--IN OTHER NEWS---
    images

GhostofWinter & LadyGhost
    AutineBellum & Bubba
    melensdad
    gunbunnies
    lonehoosier
    detonics_451
    LocusOfSteel

We missed you guys! :ar15:

--SPECIAL THANKS--
    To Kitty for bring the easy pop-up canopy! It was a lifesaver for the killer sun why I grilled.

Clif45 for helping unload the plywood and helping me take my gear back to the van.

--FINAL THOUGHTS--
    Great event all! Good times all around. I'm tired and still need to clean the guns. :( Be on the look out for the next MEET & SHOOT thread in a few days and the PMs for it. :D

--OTHER ACTIONS--
    UTAH PERMIT
    Kitty, Groovatron has another POC for the Utah permit based out of Cedar Lake, IN who I think may be cheaper than the one in Hammond. A "group buy" ie class setup I'm sure we can do for it. We seem to have enough interest from several members who are looking for their UT permit as well.

MEDICAL TRAINING
    If you have not looked at the feeler thread please do:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...firearms_medical_training_courses_in_nwi.html

There is another company (ie. RedNeckMedic) who advised he would be willing to come to NWI to do training as well and his class is less than the other company. So depending on what the group wants and the level of interest I will start the logistics of getting either or BOTH to NWI for us.

Last edited:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    So just to be clear, we've got:
    RNM first aid training
    ATM first aid training
    Utah permit classes 2 available.
    And
    Appleseed in Lake village in AUG.

It's an exciting time to be with NWI INGO

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I'll post it in here and you can copy paste it wherever you want.

Bob Jackson Gold Shield Security
    The class is $150.00 and requires a 50.00 deposit due a week prior to class.
    The $50.00 is part of the $150.00 price tag. the class will be held in Ceder Lake at the Eagles Club.
    Class starts at 8am and will run till 11:30-12.

I believe he tries to have a class once a month. He may be willing to do a group discount if you got more than 5 or 6 involved. It wouldn't hurt to ask him.

His phone # is 219-374-4803

Address to send deposit:
    8108 W 147th Ave.
    Ceder Lake, IN, 46303

Make checks payable to Gold Shield

The class consists of some reading material and a few slides and videos. He also will show you some different pistol and ammo. He prefers you not to carry in the class because of issues in the past with people showing off their guns. I would CC and forget it. The class will be boring for most of you internet dorks because you already know all of the stuff he is going to lecture. :D

Bob will take your fingerprint card, photograph, and walk you through all the paper work. After the class, he sends you away with your packet all ready for the mail. All you have to do is seal it up and send it with your $65 and some change check to Utah. Normally, it takes about 60 days to receive the permit.

Bob is a very nice guy and I would recommend his class to anyone! He is happy to answer any question via telephone.

Also, if you set up a class and send him a deposit, he won't cash the check until after you complete the class.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Hey everyone. Yesterday was a blast. Really enjoyed meeting and chatting with everyone.

Yes, Bill B, I want it. Your mosin was great and I am infected.

Jedi, sorry my cowboy gun was too much work but you don't get to throw it. And remember the little 327 is my beginner gun - who knows where I'm going to end up!

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who was so nice to us and let us try some wonderful firearms. I've got a whole new list of ideas.

For those who are interested in the Utah permit. I know a guy here in Hammond that is willing to schedule around us (we can pick the day/time) if there are at least 5 people. Last I talked to him we wanted 150/person with a minimum of 5. I'm going to be talking to him on Monday. I will post the details and see who is interested in the next few days.

jrock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    hammond
    This is Bill B's son Josh. I had a blast at the range. This is also my first post. The mag dump was awesome except for I thought I was chambered but wasnt... oops. lol then got rained on with .22 hot brass. But in all I had fun. Thank you eveyone who let me shoot thier guns. I shot a .22 long rifle, .38 revolver and a .357, a 1911 colt 45, mosin, ak, xd .40, black powder rifle, and I think thats it... Im not sure. Tons of fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom