• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Some people say it is RIDGE ROAD . . . others suggest it is US30.

I'm partial to the dividing line between North & South as being 231 and really don't want anyone north of that road moving down and polluting my clean lands with their stank :pimp:

There are a few nicer areas below 30, but I agree that 231 would be better... But hell, I am from Lake Station so what do I know.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I guess I'm just slumming it 1 block north of Ridge. It's Munster, but I guess not really if I'm waaaay up here in No Man's Land. I hope I will still be allowed to turn up for the occasional even.

I'll just stand quietly in the corner.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Woodrow, don't feel bad as I live in Hobart between Ridge Rd. and Old Ridge Rd. and will stand in the corner making as much noise as I can and you can join me in asking as many questions as we can along with adding WHY and ARE YOU SURE.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Solidarity. Together we residents of mid-northern Lake County, both east and west, shall overcome the prejudices of the residents of central and mid-southwestern Lake County!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Are we being residental profiled? What do we want? SOLIDARITY. When do we want it? NOW. This reminds me of growing up in the 1970's and now I feel old. Where's my cane and rocking chair?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Arma73, Please don't tell anyone this is a fun group to be with and around, the Shoot and Meet, cigars at the Smoke Shop, the OC/CC at Five Guys, and Wednesday lunch time at the Pine Island Smoke Shop. As a group NWI will keep you busy and learn new stuff to share about guns, just keep this under your hat. Hope to meet you soon.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think back in my youth growing up in EC the "line" was south of RIDGE was the "good part" of Lake County. I'm not sure when that lined moved to US30 (South was still the "good part"). But now I suspect that we may have to push that line even further south. :D

Certain parts of Munster will always remain "good" (Briar Ridge I think is what it is called but the rest has been over run be it if they like to admit it or not.

Not sure where "EAST" side the line is. I always figured I-65 and east was good but then again when I think past I-65 I think of no-mans land. Still venture to say the most corruption is in EC and Hammond. Gary its not corruption as much as it is gone.

BTW don't forget MEET & EAT this SAT!!!!

FYI NWI INGO members
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 OR 19 SEP 10 (go vote!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...590-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Jediagh, as we grow older we see everything in a different way. I have been over here since 1975 (moved from Joliet, Il) and lived in valpo for a year and saw a lot of changes there, some good and some bad in my opinion. Moved to Portage in 1976 till 1989 and watched the area grow from the farm community changed to the formation of a city with all the new people coming from Chicago and the cities to the west of the area with new business, homes, and apartments. Divorced and remarried moving to Hobart in 1989 to a new city to get used to everything all over again, love the downtown area with the lakefront walk and as with most areas the downtown goes to he** and the businesses move to the malls and strip malls on the fringes of the cities and towns. The people in Indiana are a lot more friendly than in Illinois and miss Fetlas in Valpo. Just getting older and more mellow here watching the grandchildren grow up with two more due around the first of next year for a total of five to teach to shoot and feed with sugar and send home.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    East line would be 49, 249 at best, but thats a stretch.

I cant stand briar ridge... When I can put my house in their garage, makes you feel like crap... Or a deck that cost as much as my bachelors degree...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Briar Ridge is one of those gated communties with a golf course and big somewhat fancy houses. The construction company I worked for had to pay $10.00 for a construction pass for every vehicle we took in when we worked there. Wonder who got that money? I can't think of any other place where the contractors had to pay to get to the job in the 14 year's I worked there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I cant stand briar ridge... When I can put my house in their garage, makes you feel like crap... Or a deck that cost as much as my bachelors degree...

I have no problem with Briar Ridge.

Seems to me those people earned their money. If they can earn that much then so can I. Isn't the whole point of America that this is the land of opportunity? Nothing is stopping you, me or anyone else from coming up with an idea, working hard to develop it, and getting rich. I know a bunch of those folks who live there, many of them busted their butts to make a life, some came to America with NOTHING but their clothes and made a life for themselves (I know a couple of folks who lived in there that were Eastern European immigrants without 2 nickels to rub together and made a great life here in the US by working hard)

Me, I don't want to live there, but I don't begrudge those who do, who have more than me. If they can do it then there is hope that I can too.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Please, please, please stay ON TOPIC in this thread since we are in the EVENTS section. If it's related to the MEET & SHOOT post away otherwise create a new post and put a link in this one for those "other topics". I don't want the MODs to lock us down. Thanks!

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I have an FN-40 and would consider coming ( if schedule permits ) but am not a member of your 'group'...I live in CENTRAL northern Indiana - SR 15, 10 miles north of US 30.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have an FN-40 and would consider coming ( if schedule permits ) but am not a member of your 'group'...I live in CENTRAL northern Indiana - SR 15, 10 miles north of US 30.

While the event is called the "NWI INGO event" EVERYONE (read open to the public) is invited to attend. The majority of those that attend are from "NWI" but we do have some regulars that come from the rensselaer indiana and the Northern Indy area as well.

Don't worry we won't check if you have the appropiate "da region gehtto" style guns and wear. ;)

If you can make it please come. It's well worth it as you get to put names to faces, shots a wide variety of guns, smoke cigars (if you like) and eat a hot dog or two.

Besides I'm not aware of another group as active as the NWI INGO one that is holding regular monthly events like this. So come on down/up/east/west.

:welcome:to :ingo:

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 SEP 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sat_18_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Ranges in NWI
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster

Like jediagh said, there's no group per se, brother. Just a loose conglomeration of people that enjoy shooting and get along pretty well.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Always looking for new people to shoot with and enjoy a day out in the country. Hope you can make it and by the Yahoo map, it looks like your drive to Winamac may be closer than most of us. Note that we go by central time for the starting time not eastern time.

Trooper Lefty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    1st stoplight east of Valpo
    At this point, I'm planning on attending. As far as guns, I figure on the Yugo SKS, probably the AR, possibly a Winchester 9422, and hopefully the Garand if I can get all the cosmoline off it. If I'm really lucky, I can get my brother to come along.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom