• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What date should the MAY 2011 MEET & SHOOT be on?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Okay, boys and girls, like I said I've got the grill. I see that we've got:
    Meats
    Pack of Hot Dogs (8) & buns [Jediagh]
    Pack of Hot Dogs (8) & buns [Jeff W]
    Pack of Burgers (16) & buns [Jeff W]

Sides
    Bag of Lays Chip [Jediagh]
    Random side [groovatron]

Drinks
    Case of water* [Jediagh]
    Purple Kool-Aid 2 gallons [Jediagh]

Misc
    Paper Plates* [Jediagh]
    Napkins [Jediagh]
    Ketchup [groovatron]
    Mustard [groovatron]

I'm making the Val-mart run tomorrow afternoon, do we need anything else?
    I'm feeling generous, so any reasonable requests?
    No, I will not buy ammo for you (except a box of 9mm for gmercer308)

I bumpped up my hotdog count just in case and added cups as well.
    We are missing relish at this point. If you want to get fancy mayo or miracle whip for the burgers (that would be a 1st). I will take a cooler with ice to keep that and the meat cold.

Perhaps some type of desert? Cookies??? "Ho-Ho"s (not the food kind). ROFL!!! (well you said u r going to wally world. :D) Sometime sugary I guess.

We got water and kool-aid coming not sure if anyone wants carbonated stuff (ie. pop).

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well it looks like I'll be missing another fine shoot with you guys... Hopefully I'll be back up and walking by the next shoot... Put a few rounds down range for me***

Enjoy...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Gun case packed with long guns and handguns - CHECK!
    Two ammo cans with .22LR, .38 Special, 7.62x39, and some shotgun shells - CHECK!
    Blanket with Shotgun - CHECK!
    Folding table for food - CHECK!
    2 gallons of purple Kool-Aid in fridge getting cold - CHECK!
    Bag of chips - CHECK!
    Spare Ketchup & Mustard - CHECK!
    Plates, Napkins, Cups, Forks - CHECK!
    Paper targets w/ staple gun - CHECK!
    Range bag - CHECK!
    Coffee can to pick up brass - CHECK!
    Plywood for range donation x 5 - CHECK!
    It was about $32 @ Menards today BTW. Thank you all for the continue donations so we can get the plywood.
    Water bottle in fridge getting cold - CHECK!

Now I just need to shower and get some sleep. =)

lonehoosier, we are meeting at 10AM CST (Chicago Time) on the 25' yard. Look for a white folding table to find us. I'll have am camo jacket with me and will probably be the only "brown" guy their. ROFL! (Mexican).

As to what to bring, guns & ammo off course. =)
    Food wise whatever you would like to bring, its not a requirement if you can't.
    I think we have a ton of meat coming this time thanks to Jeff W so I won't bring any no point in hauling meat to/from if it won't get eaten. =)

A side would work if you want to bring some food (chips, cookies, brownies, etc..) think simple finger food since we have no real place to eat or wash up. Just come & have a good time and put some faces with the NWI INGO names you read about. =)

Good night all!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Wish I could have joined all of you. Family stuff and then going to see my God-Son for a cookout. On the bright side, he wants to learn to shoot!!!

For whatever it is worth, I'll probably miss the next shoot too. Going out of the country for about a month to walk my sister down the aisle in her wedding and then doing some travelling.

Hopefully everyone had a great time today!

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Bug spray will now be standard in my range bag.

That was a really nice shoot. Not a huge turn out but not bad either. I FINALLY got to shoot an M&P and guess what, I loved it. Adrienne got to shoot a bunch of guns too and of course picked a high priced designer piece (walther PPS) guess I've got to save more pennies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR

---FINANCIAL REPORT---
    Pre-Event Pot: $65.59 (jediagh)
    Expensive: $32.05 (5.99 per plywood [7/16" x 4' x 8'] x 5 x 7%)
    Donations:
    $60

Post Pot: $90.54

Donor List @ this event
    lonehoosier, clif45 and gmercer308 each gave $20
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

We actually got to shoot the plywood we donated last month this time! BTW they have about 8 plywoods now in the shed with our donation. Next time I plan on bring them 10 units as they are running low.

---DNR INTERACTIONS---
    I did see our usual RO, Mr. Kraft when I arrived at 10AM and said Hi to him. However by around 10:30 he was gone and a younger RO was at the range for the rest of the day. His name is Tony and he is actually the assistant manager for this DNR location. He was very thankful for the plywood and asked about our group. I gave him the name of INGO and told him where the majority of us are from.

--FOOD REPORT---
    Thank you to everyone that brought food for the event. We have a slew of chips for the next several events (2 unopened big bags and the box of snack size that Clif45 left behind). Also thanks to lonehoosier for the "hoes". :D We have a box and a 1/2 of those left. It's these BTW:

20070418ho-ho-logo_125.png
    :laugh:

Plus a pack of hamburger and hot dog buns thank to Jeff W. Guess I'm going to freeze those for next time.

Lastly an unopened mustard and ketchup and 3/4 of relish thanks to Groovatron for these.

Jeff W those burgers were YUMMY! I don't know what they are seasoned with but it sure makes the difference. This time around BTW we did not have hot dogs but Bar S Sausages and looks like they were a winner with the group. Groovatron had lettuce, onions and tomatoes as well for us.

Adrienne brought a cream dip for the chips which was good as well.
    Too bad Joe could NOT get her to cook for us!

Melensdad THANK YOU for all the times you have cooked before. I was the one that had to do it this time and now I really appreciate it even MORE when you cook. Thanks for allowing us to borrow the grill as well.

Also lonehoosier has nicknames the traditional grape kool-aid the sarcasm drink! :laugh:

--THE DAY IN PICs---
    INyooper these are for you! Granted I can't do as good a job as you do with your camera.

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0001.jpg

lonehooiser and geronimojoe85 (right side)

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0002.jpg

Jeff W far right (Middle was the general public)

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0003.jpg

The canopy helped us out when it rained. :D

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0004.jpg

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0005.jpg

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0006.jpg

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0007.jpg

lonehoosier with a worthless GLOCK! :puke: ;)

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0008.jpg

You may not be able to tell put Joe attempted to shoot this but the bullet ended up going INTO the casing in his AR. The specks at the tip of the casing is actually grains of gun powder.

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0009.jpg

The "hoes"! & look they are a "Great Value" :rockwoot:

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0010.jpg

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0011.jpg

The famous goose gun coming out to play!

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0012.jpg

Jeff W and his son plinking with a FUN M&P 15-22p pistol. That little gun rocks.

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0013.jpg

Groovatron, gmercer308 and their friends arsenal. Notice the little red ryder they stole from some poor kid!

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0014.jpg

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0015.jpg

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0016.jpg

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0017.jpg

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0018.jpg

Joe's better half!

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0019.jpg

Time to go!

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0020.jpg

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0021.jpg

See the shirt in green? If you "zoom" in you will see it says INGO on it on the chest right side. ;)

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0022.jpg

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0023.jpg

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0024.jpg

This is what a combat knife is used for BTW! To make you cry when you cut onions!

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0025.jpg

Table gets moved under the bench covers. Why? Rain off course!!!

nwi_ingo_may_2011_0026.jpg

Those of you that did not show guess what? We have your food ready for next month!

---JEDI's SHOOTING---
    Got to spent some alone time with my 10/22 and the AQTs. The results are "OK" but I need more practice still.

Test 1: 202 = Sharpshooter
    Test 2: 178 = Sharpshooter
    Test 3: 206 = Sharpshooter
    Test 4: 122 = UNQUALIFIED

Test 1 - 3 were with my 10/22 which does not have a sling using Federal bulk ammo. I was rushing on T2 and you can tell by my score. I think I need a sling because as much as I tire I can't break that 210 ceiling with this gun yet. Plus this 10/22 likes the federal but LOVES the CCI minimags even more. But for now at least why I continue to practice I'll use the federal.

Test 4 was with Clif45's 10/22 which uses a different set of sights and a sling. Needless to say I'm all over the place when I use his 10/22. :(

Seems like I'm getting better with my 10/22 but I'll continue to practice.

The WASR-10 got a 30 round magazine thru it and no issues there. Not as good on hitting the targets as the 10/22. But I suspect it's more me then the gun at this point. I know I am flinching a little with it. The holes are still on the paper but not "centered" where I am aiming.

Now the Moss500 finally got a work out this time around. Got to do some one hand shooting with it and wow it's actually OK. Clif45 tried it and also had no issues with it. At 25 yards I'm still now seeing too many holes on the target with the Buck 00. :dunno: Next time I'm going to go 1/2 way.

---JEDI's SHOOTING OTHER GUNs---
    Shooting 3" magnum SG shells is going to hurt! Shooting them while kneeling is going to push you back. :laugh: Thanks clif45 for telling me experience the pain with your SG. FUN! FUN! FUN!

---RANDOM THOUGHTS---
    Next time before packing anything else I'm packing
    bug-spray.jpg
    and then I'm packing more of
    bug-spray.jpg
    and then I'm packing yet more of
    bug-spray.jpg

The bugs were a killer this time around!!! I'm all bitten up and it was not much fun until the off got to the event. Thank you to those that brought it!

Sadly I don't have a video of this but next time I'm going to and get one.
    We had the entire 25 yard range (6 people on the line) and at the same time we all fired our AR-15s (me an AK) and let loose until the magazines were empty doing rapid fire. It was LOUD! :rockwoot: The RO just smiled at us. :rockwoot::rockwoot: We did have an older gentleman (general public shooter) come around a few minutes later asking if someone had a full auto? We explained that it was 6 ARs firing all at once. He chatted for a while before we went back to the 100 yard. I seriously doubt we could get away with that the other ranges.

We also did some rifle shooting kneeling and again the RO had no issues with it. Mind you this was not our REGULAR RO that we know but the ast. manager of the area!

He did tell one of the "non-INGO shooters" to not shoot above the berm. The older gentleman I think has some sight issues. At one point he was shooting into the ground and then it was over the berm. :dunno: He ended up putting that revolver away once the RO told him about the berm.

It rained twice while we were there. During the first down pour everyone but INGO members left running like little girls! :laugh: We continued to shoot and eat since we had the cover over the 25 yard range as well as the canopy. Hum... Not sure we can do that at JP. ;)

It stopped raining after 15 mins and by that point even the RO was gone. It was just INGO members and we continue to blast away. Did some close up with the handguns as well before calling it a day.

---FINAL THOUGHTS---
    I'm tired and still have guns to clean. Plus I smell like everything but human right now. :laugh: But it was a fun day! Next month is going to be a bit hard since we are looking at JUN 18 or 19th only since [STRIKE]Applebes[/STRIKE] I mean Appleseed is JUN 25-26 and my "thing 3" (according to my daughter) is scheduled to arrive on 13 JUN.
    dr-seuss-costume-11-21311515.jpg

(Those are NOT my kids BTW; Just an idea of what Thing 1 and Thing 2 from the Cat In The Hat book could look like).
    So it's going to be a very busy, busy month!

BTW I was disappointed that groovatron did not look like this:

news-holidays3.jpg

:laugh:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ..... We had the entire 25 yard range (6 people on the line) and at the same time we all fired our AR-15s (me an AK) and let loose until the magazines were empty doing rapid fire. It was LOUD! :rockwoot: The RO just smiled at us. :rockwoot::rockwoot: We did have an older gentleman (general public shooter) come around a few minutes later asking if someone had a full auto? We explained that it was 6 ARs firing all at once. He chatted for a while before we went back to the 100 yard. I seriously doubt we could get away with that the other ranges.

You "can get away" with firing more than one AR at the firing line at all the other DNR Ranges as long as there is a shooting position and a target.

..... We also did some rifle shooting kneeling and again the RO had no issues with it. Mind you this was not our REGULAR RO that we know but the ast. manager of the area!

I have never had a problem shooting kneeling, sitting or prone at Kingsbury or J-P. Willow Slough will not allow prone because of the concrete curb in front of the shooting positions.

..... It rained twice while we were there. During the first down pour everyone but INGO members left running like little girls! :laugh: We continued to shoot and eat since we had the cover over the 25 yard range as well as the canopy. Hum... Not sure we can do that at JP.

Kingsbury has more complete coverage over all the shooting positions except for the shotgun area.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom