• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What date should the APR 2011 MEET & SHOOT be on?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    The Mrs. and I had a good time (she almost finished her book). I may have to start saving for a Benelli now thanks to Clif, or maybe he's to blame.
    Who had the coach gun? That sucker has a serious bite to it.
    As always, melensdad did an awesome job with the grill.
    I have made a note to myself, 3" magnum slugs are not for practice.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR: Apr 2011 Meet & Shoot

FINANCIAL INFORMATION
    Pre-Event Pot: $79.13 (jediagh has on hand from donors)
    Plywood Purchase:
    $33.54
    Donations @ event: $20 ($10 Bill B; $10 anonymous)

Post Event Pot: $65.59 (jediagh has on hand from donors)

DONATIONS TO RANGE
    We gave the range five 7/16" x 4' x 8' plywood this time around.
    6.27 per plywood x 5 x 1.07 (tax) = $33.54
    Mr. Kraft (RO) helped me unload the plywood. He only had 1 left in the shed. He had a lot of wood post including the ones we gave him last month (MARCH 2011). Thank you donors for making this possible.

SPECIAL THANKS
    Want to thank melensdad for being "Mr. Grill" and cooking the hot dogs and burgers. Also want to thank Jeff W for bringing the burgers and cheese. Now those burgers were the bomb! Better than my Wal-Mart burgers I took.

FOOD
    We have a hot dogs and burgers galore. Plus a slew of various chips as well along with water, Grape Kool-Aid and Coke ZERO. Only thing that was missing this time around were some "auntie belium" brownies and "sparkys" dip. :(

CO-WORKER EXPERIENCE

My co-worker had a blast it was her first time shooting and on the ride home she said she enjoyed shooting the .22s the "bigger" ones not very much. :laugh: She got a chance to shot a slew of weapons (Riger Mk3, .22 revolver, 10/22, AK-47, 12g Moss 500, .38 Revolver, .40 Xdm, 9mm ?? AR-15), some just once as she did not care of the recoil, others she went several times at. Thank you Clif45, Joe and melensdad for letting her shoot some of your guns as well. Clif45 she liked the way your .40 XDm felt better than the 9mm that melensdad let her used. For some reason she said that 9mm was just too strong for her. :dunno:

MY SHOOTING
    Being on the 50 yard with a scopeless rifle sux! :noway: I can barely make out the targets being that far away with my Ruger 10/22 TechSites. But then again most of my targets were designed for the 25 yard range. Oh well.
    We started on the 50 yard because when I got there all the 25 yard was full of little kids with 2 dads and a mom. They were shooting .22 crickets and 10/22 and I figured we would not scare them away with all the noise of the big guns.

My AK-47 WASR got very little action this time around but alas I have proven to myself that I can laid on the floor and use the 30 round magazine without no issues. Now the sites on the WASR are a bit too small for my taste for the 50 yards. My shots were all over the place on the paper with the "clip" that I went thru. Perhaps I should invest in getting those Tech-Sites for the WASR and getting a "real" sling on this weapon as oppose to the leather it came with. But then again why bother. It's suppose to be treated like a
    33.gif
    right? :D

BTW I used the ViperSnake to clean the WASR when I got home and it was a breeze! Granted only 30 rounds went thru it this time so not much of a "mess" to clean up.
    :+1: for Royal Purple Synthetic Oil. I've been using it on all my guns and it makes the clean up real easy as it wipes off and you get all the fouling off the gun. You can read more about it here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...91-royal_purple_synthetic_oil_and_ar_7_a.html

I cheated in terms of cleaning the Ruger Mk 3 and 10/22 this time around. Just used the Viper Bore snake on both of them and that was it. The Mk 3 only got 40 rounds thru it while the Ruger took 60 so I was not going to spend time stripping them for that low count. Plus since it was not the Remington Golden Boy I figured nah!

Yes I think I was acting like GoW this time around and talking more with everyone than shooting. Then I started acting like GB and picking up brass even though I don't reload it. :n00b:

Overall though I had fun and it was nice to see everyone again especially those that I had not seen since last year.

FUNNY ITEMS
    The "army boys" I'm sorry but not sure what your names or callsigns are. But the ones that bring all the Mosins. Well they got they late as they got lost finding the place. Plus one of them had an accident. Looks like the scope on a Mosins decided to kiss it's owner in the forehead! OUCH!

Some turkeys (3 of them) decided to pay us a visit while we were at the range. They were DOA however and Mr. Kraft has a nice time tagging them for the hunters that were bringing them in. Those some UGLY birds! I got a pic on my phone but can't seem to download it off my phone. :faint:

I'm sure I'm missing some things but I'm tired and it's been a long day. Had to come home to cut the grass and still do some other "house things" so needless to say I'm spent.

I'll start the poll for the MAY one sometime next week.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    The Mrs. and I had a good time (she almost finished her book). I may have to start saving for a Benelli now thanks to Clif, or maybe he's to blame.
    Who had the coach gun? That sucker has a serious bite to it.
    As always, melensdad did an awesome job with the grill.
    I have made a note to ALL, 3" magnum slugs are not for practice.

FIFY

Shoulder is a bit sore this evening, and I didnt even shoot that much...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    CO-WORKER EXPERIENCE

My co-worker had a blast it was her first time shooting and on the ride home she said she enjoyed shooting the .22s the "bigger" ones not very much. :laugh: She got a chance to shot a slew of weapons (Riger Mk3, .22 revolver, 10/22, AK-47, 12g Moss 500, .38 Revolver, .40 Xdm, 9mm ?? AR-15), some just once as she did not care of the recoil, others she went several times at. Thank you Clif45, Joe and melensdad for letting her shoot some of your guns as well. Clif45 she liked the way your .40 XDm felt better than the 9mm that melensdad let her used. For some reason she said that 9mm was just too strong for her. :dunno:

I don't think she liked my 9mm CZ75 because that was the first non-22lr pistol she shot and the recoil sort of set her back. She seemed to get used to the recoil a bit more as the day went on. So I think it was a "first experience" that she didn't like, the others that came after it were less of an issue because she knew what to expect????

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    The wife and I shot a lot of guns, but no pictures. I wish we had shot some pictures. The targets are all trash, but pictures would have been nice. Oh well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom