• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I didn't want to hijack Jediagh's thread so I thought I would start my own.

This idea has been floating around in my head for a while.

Event:
    I was thinking of suggesting a weekday get together at one of the closer/more accessible DNR ranges (Kingsbury, Jasper-Pulaski, or Willow Slough).

Target audience:
    Anyone that can't make the 'official' NWI INGO Meet & Shoot for whatever reason.

What to expect:
    More structured than the Meet & Shoots but substantially less formal than a shooting match.

Purpose:
    To sight in the rifle(s) of your choice or get help sighting in your rifle. To practice the rifleman shooting positions (standing, kneeling, sitting, prone ... no benches).

Finish:
    Once everyone is sighted in and happy, a friendly match at the end of the day. Shooting for score at 50 yards and 100 yards.

Extras:
    Breaking clays afterwards or handgun shooting.

What is expected:
    You already know how to operate and handle your rifle safely. Follow all the range rules including the cease fire rules and the hot zone rules. Have fun. Minimalist approach ... rifle/sling/ammo/targets. Dress for the weather, bring a snack, some water and anything else that you might need to hit your target and can fit in one pack.

What not to expect:
    Not a picnic or gun try out. Bring what you got. Shoot what you bring.

When:
    Sometime in the next 4-6 weeks. Depends on feedback.

That's it. Ideas? Suggestions? Feedback? Interest?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    aclark,

I'll PM you to feel you out for preferences (date/time/location) later this week. I will be doing this even if nobody else shows interest. It's just more fun to shoot with someone and have a plan. Right now, my goal is to get ready for the NPCCC Military Rifle Shoot sometime this spring. I'm not a member so I have to go to the DNR ranges to practice.

johncarbaugh,

Let us know if a specific date/time frees up.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Ive been thinking on do meets a jasper since its nice. just really busy. havent be to willow s since i was a kid. i heard it got pretty bad though. never been to kingsbury. but you can put me on your list although im usaully only free on sundays and some sat.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :popcorn:

Don't forget to SPAM the NWI INGO social group with this thread as well as the NWI STATUS UPDATE thread as well to get more response.

You mean you want to go to the range to shoot? WWWHHHHAAAATTTTT!! ;)

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Yea I agree that a SHOOT and meet would be a lot of fun, and a nice offset to the MEET and shoot. I enjoy having someone around to share tips with, critique each other, and shoot with.

Not that I don't appreciate all the effort Jedi puts in, but it is a lot more social time that practice time, especially with handguns on the 50yd range.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Target audience:
    Anyone that can't make the 'official' NWI INGO Meet & Shoot for whatever reason.

Well ...hmmm ....yes, I see. Could I at least ask for a cigarette, blindfold, and ...perhaps a final meal of my choice before I become a target??? :D

Then again, it does increase my motivation to attend the official NWI INGO Meet & Shoot! ...what a great idea to increase participation!!! :laugh:

...sorry, it's just my "Far Side" sense of humor coming out. ;)

"The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!" :D

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Well ...hmmm ....yes, I see. Could I at least ask for a cigarette, blindfold, and ...perhaps a final meal of my choice before I become a target??? :D

Then again, it does increase my motivation to attend the official NWI INGO Meet & Shoot! ...what a great idea to increase participation!!! :laugh:

...sorry, it's just my "Far Side" sense of humor coming out. ;)

"The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!" :D

Uh oh .. you figured out my true agenda. :shady:

... I'm interested, will PM you with details.

Got it. I will be posting or pm all interested parties with something more concrete this weekend.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Right now, I have one interested party asking about the week of March 20-26th. The 21st would be out because all the DNR ranges are closed on Monday. With my work schedule I could make Wed (23rd) or Thu (24th). Saturday (26th) is out because that is one of the days in the running for the official NWI INGO MEET & SHOOT ... also, it's not a weekday.

I am leaning towards Thu (24th) at Kingsbury. Keep posting and remember, this is a purpose driven event ... not a leader focused event. If two other interested parties can come to a consensus for a different date, there's nothing stopping you from going forward with that date.

groundhog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Munster
    I am very intereste in this SHOOT and meet. I have never been to Kingsbury but have always wanted to go there. I usually go to Willow Slough, sometimes Jasper, and less often Winamac.

I do plan on going to the MEET and shoot on the 19th. I will be out of town Mar. 21-31.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    During the week Wed usually work better for me. I have less to do and can usually slip out mid-day. Thursdays on the other hand are one of my busiest days.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Here's where things stand.

I am planning on going to DNR Kingsbury on Thursday, March 24th. Time is still to be determined ... I'm looking at 10am (Central time) or so.

I will be coming up with a specific COF for the day. Whatever COF I come up with will not be set in stone. I'm flexible. At this moment, this is what I have:
    I'm looking at 70 rounds minimum to kick things off.

Sighting In

10 rounds to sight in at 50 yards
    10 rounds to sight in at 100 yards

Competition

@50 yards
    10 rounds standing w/one mag change
    5 rounds kneeling / magazine change / 5 rounds sitting
    10 rounds prone w/one mag change

@100 yards
    10 rounds kneeling or sitting w/one mag change
    Slings are highly recommended. No benchrest shooting. Shooter and his/her sling only. Optics or iron sights allowed but will be noted when claiming bragging rights. Not timed. Take as long as you need to make the shot but .... we will adhere to the ceasefire calls. Obvious accomodations for physical limitations.

First time trying this so I would like to keep it pretty laid back. Down the road and later in the year we might want to try a "show up and start shooting" match with no sighters and timed fire. For now, lets be flexible, help each other sight in, have fun and be safe.

I am wide open to suggestions and possible changes (date/location/COF). I can and will try for a second date (for you aclark) if there is interest. I would like to remind everyone that this is a purpose driven event as opposed to a person focused event. If a few of you decide you can meet on a different date/location and want to attempt or even modify the COF I have posted ... please, do it! My intent is to get fellow INGOers out there shooting with a purpose ... become (better) riflemen!

Stay posted for more changes and final thoughts/plans.

Thanks.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond

I am planning on going to DNR Kingsbury on Thursday, March 24th. Time is still to be determined ... I'm looking at 10am (Central time) or so.

I will be coming up with a specific COF for the day. Whatever COF I come up with will not be set in stone. I'm flexible. At this moment, this is what I have:

-Deuce

If that date holds, you can definetely count me in.

COF sounds like fun. Are you picturing bullseye or siloutte targets?

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana

Sighting In

10 rounds to sight in at 50 yards
    10 rounds to sight in at 100 yards

Competition

@50 yards
    10 rounds standing w/one mag change
    5 rounds kneeling / magazine change / 5 rounds sitting

@100 yards
    10 rounds kneeling or sitting w/one mag change
    Slings are highly recommended. No benchrest shooting. Shooter and his/her sling only. Optics or iron sights allowed but will be noted when claiming bragging rights. Not timed. Take as long as you need to make the shot but .... we will adhere to the ceasefire calls. Obvious accomodations for physical limitations.

First time trying this so I would like to keep it pretty laid back. Down the road and later in the year we might want to try a "show up and start shooting" match with no sighters and timed fire. For now, lets be flexible, help each other sight in, have fun and be safe.

I am wide open to suggestions and possible changes (date/location/COF). I can and will try for a second date (for you aclark) if there is interest. I would like to remind everyone that this is a purpose driven event as opposed to a person focused event. If a few of you decide you can meet on a different date/location and want to attempt or even modify the COF I have posted ... please, do it! My intent is to get fellow INGOers out there shooting with a purpose ... become (better) riflemen!

Stay posted for more changes and final thoughts/plans.

Thanks.

Not trying to throw a damper on things, but are you sure that the range rules and the RSO will allow the shooting from the standing, kneeling or sitting and/or prone positions? From what I know they allow standing, but not too sure on the other positions. Might wanna find out beforehand in case they don't allow it and you can make alternate plans. :dunno:

GUNFIGHTER01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    laporte
    Wild Deuce, i can bee there on the 24Th for sure!

I live near there and shoot there often and know the rang masters there, some are laid back and then their is one who is strict as hell. hopefully he wont be there!

i look forward to this and the friendly competition!!!

Top Bottom