• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Thursday of next week, July 28th, I will be at Kingsbury DNR to brush up for the NPCCC Military Rifle Shoot. I will be practicing the stated course of fire (available if you follow the link). I will have two co-workers joining me (one is a brand new AR owner). Since I plan on using what I learned at the Appleseed shoot, this will be a good brush up / refresher for anyone that wants to join us.

If there's time, We might take a few shots at some clays before we break for the day. Meet-up time will be around noon.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    We still plan on being there this Thursday (July 28th). I will now have three people joining me from work.

One of the guys joining us is solidly anti-gun and has not touched a weapon since a single instance during childhood (he's unsure if it was an air rifle or a .22). He's normally very cynical with plenty of snide comments in regards to guns and gun ownership ... as well as gun owners (yet we manage to be good friends). I have no illusions that I will change his mind about anything and I understand that it is a big deal for him to join us. I hope all those present at Kingsbury on Thursday (including myself) do a good job representing all gun owners.

I will more than likely now be at the range shortly after they open to get my stuff done and out of the way. I will then be able to focus on supervising our two new shooters when they arrive around noon.

Any NWI INGO members (or anyone else reading this) are still welcome to join us.

The plan of the day is:
    • Get dialed in at the 50 and 100 yard lines.
    • Practice the shooting positions ... standing, kneeling/sitting, prone.
    • Practice steady hold factors and using natural point of aim.
    • Introduce the new shooters to shooting a rifle (using a 10/22)
    • Introduce the new shooters to the AR
    If time allows:
    • Try some pistol shooting.
    • Break some clays.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I can be there around 4 or so if you think you'll still be around!

Sorry brother.

I plan on getting there shortly after opening time. Friends should arrive around Noon. We should all be outta there by 1430. They have a long way to get home. One of them lives near the Wisconsin border in McHenry County.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Ughh ... the heat, the humidity ... stick a fork in me ... I'm done.

I might have to become a Jasper-Pulaski convert now. For the first time ever at Kingsbury, I had the RO tell us that we couldn't shoot in any other position besides sitting at the bench or standing. It was also the first time I ever saw this RO. We were both polite to each other and we complied without hesitation. Otherwise, it was a very good day of instruction.

If we get around to the informal match as originally planned, we'll have to do it at Jasper-Pulaski or ... anyone care to offer up their private range?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ughh ... the heat, the humidity ... stick a fork in me ... I'm done.

I might have to become a Jasper-Pulaski convert now. For the first time ever at Kingsbury, I had the RO tell us that we couldn't shoot in any other position besides sitting at the bench or standing. It was also the first time I ever saw this RO. We were both polite to each other and we complied without hesitation. Otherwise, it was a very good day of instruction.

If we get around to the informal match as originally planned, we'll have to do it at Jasper-Pulaski or ... anyone care to offer up their private range?

Enjoy the video. ;):D:laugh:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNGc9zmpK5M[/ame]

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Watch it, Jediagh! Gloat too much and Karma will bring this RO to Winamac and then you will be doing forced ceasefires every 5 minutes, no mag dumps, no eating, no fun and you'll have to police your brass after every shot! ;)

Seriously though, this was the first time after a few years of going to Kingsbury. He did let me have free run of the range for the hour or so before anyone showed up ... I was shooting all the positions (prone, sitting, kneeling and standing) and able to go downrange on my time. The last time I was there (a few weeks ago), the usual RO was there and not only didn't say a word about my shooting positions, he came over and chatted it up with me while I was doing it.

However, I will grant you this. I noticed for the first time that the handwritten rules on the board prohibit shooting from any other position except for sitting at the bench or standing as well as prohibiting carrying concealed or open.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Watch it, Jediagh! Gloat too much and Karma will bring this RO to Winamac and then you will be doing forced ceasefires every 5 minutes, no mag dumps, no eating, no fun and you'll have to police your brass after every shot! ;)

OMG nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!
    However Winamac is to ffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr away for that RO to come to it. ;)

I asked the RO about it today. He said some people were getting mad?

Getting mad about what? People OC/CC while at the range? :dunno:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I didn't notice anyone show up OC'ing and I wasn't inspecting anyone for CC'ing. If anyone got mad or upset, they did it very quietly without attracting attention and the exchange was limited to the person carrying and the RO. I did leave around 1500 so this could have happened after I left.

Top Bottom