• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which Saturday evening for the OC meet & Eat?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    The wife and I eat in there all the time and CC. Didn't know they were 2A friendly, have plenty of room and tables.

me and my wife eat there all the time too! There was one time there was a couple stealing spoons and the dude from the couple starting acting irate, all the chinese people looked directly at me and gave me a "you got our back?" kinda look lol. thankfully it all simmered down. love that place.

thegunshow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valpo
    Quaker steak in portage is pretty good. Right by bass pro shops.

Quaker Steak is good if you want to support a guy who uses scab labor to build his places, treats employees like crap and doesn't pay his vendors...

I vote Great Wall...always good if you get there at lunch or dinner...after the food sits when its not busy its not so good.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    While we are figuring out the date for the Meet & Eat, there will be another open carry opportunity in May.

NWI INGO "Open Carry" Cigar Night at the 1101 Cigar Lounge: MAY 9 6pm~9pm

TORANO Cigars will be featured during the evening.

As always, you do NOT have to smoke a cigar, buy a cigar, or feel pressured to smoke at these events! The event will have complimentary coffee, water and pepsi. There will be a guitar player and a bass player in the lounge playing older rock, classics, etc. We may have snacks to munch on.

As is typical, the event will run from 6pm to 9pm. If the parking lot is full, please park in the lot next door on the west side of the property.

Time: 6pm to 9pm but many show up early for these events.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Quaker steak in portage is pretty good. Right by bass pro shops.

We have done that place before. Jedi would prefer a new place that we have yet to OC at.

FIFY :D
    but yes I gave em to subtlesixer

Thanks. You know Jedi can't spell right?

While we are figuring out the date for the Meet & Eat, there will be another open carry opportunity in May.

SPAMMER!!! :rockwoot:
    I see I'm wearing off on you. :p

Schoops in Valpo.

:drool:
    That is a yummy place. The one near the wal-mart on US-30 right?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    (Quoted from thegunshow)
    "I'm not sure why people think its cool to open carry? you're not doing yourself or "the cause" any favors...I understand its your right to do so, but most of the slack jaws that do OC I could come up behind, disarm and have them drawn down with their own weapon. I carry everyday, always concealed, it draws no unwanted attention, and give me the element of surprise if needed. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but a gun like a jacked up truck or corvette is not a penis extension."

Are you sure you wanna be seen with all us slack jaws and our penis extensions? :dunno:

Last edited:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    (Quoted from the gunshow)
    "I'm not sure why people think its cool to open carry? you're not doing yourself or "the cause" any favors...I understand its your right to do so, but most of the slack jaws that do OC I could come up behind, disarm and have them drawn down with their own weapon. I carry everyday, always concealed, it draws no unwanted attention, and give me the element of surprise if needed. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but a gun like a jacked up truck or corvette is not a penis extension."

Are you sure you wanna be seen with all us slack jaws and our penis extensions? :dunno:

Was that at the Crown Point show? A vender? Passerby? Were you OC'ing or was OC just brought up? That's crazy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom