Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    FIPs :wallbash:

So i met these two older gents from the commie state to the west, one was "teaching" the other to shoot. He had never touched a firearm prior. So as the "teacher" was on the bench zeroing, his padawan was behind him getting familiar with the firearm, had it pointed right at the back of the "teacher." When i came over and "took charge" of the situation I found out they were both clueless of firearms.
    Keep an eye out in the NWI thread and event thread. I will be organizing a meet n shoot for probably sometime in late March or April. Wait on the chances for the weather to be better

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    haha I mentioned the burger thing to my wife, in a good way. It was nice to pick your brain about the small engine stuff.
    Yea that was nice. I could talk about certain things for a long time. I have always liked educating people on how simple it is to fix most small engine problems. I did the same when i was the head mechanic at Smith farm stores here in knox. I never charged the full shop rates either when working on customers stuff. Most stuff didn't warrant over charging for a service.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Sorry for the late reply. As always, had a blast. Also talked to @daddyusmaximus at the VFW booth at the show. Thank you @marvin02 for the challenge coin. Good talking with @chef larry and @kaveman. Have to say, I think @Max Volume wins the fashion metric of the Meet n' Eat.

It seems like there was a "burger incident" for both of the Meet n' Eats I attended. Last year someone accidentally took and ate my burger at Schoop's. Not sure what this one was about as I was at the other table.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    It seems like there was a "burger incident" for both of the Meet n' Eats I attended. Last year someone accidentally took and ate my burger at Schoop's. Not sure what this one was about as I was at the other table.
    I ordered a $13 burger and apparently the lady asked how i wanted it and asked well done. Got it and it was burnt and smelled off to me. Reading in the nenu i think it said half pound hand made patties.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Did you get a free meal?
    Not exactly. There were over a dozen of us seated at a bunch of tables crammed into the middle of the dining area. We all placed orders. Some time later several girls came out with food and started calling out the orders and people took what was theirs. Everybody around me got their order but nothing for me. A few minutes later an order came out and the lady called out 'cheeseburger, no pickle'. Well, I ordered a cheeseburger but hadn't said anything about 'no pickle' so I just sat here. She called out three more times with no takers and then glared at me. I looked around the table and saw food in front of everybody else so I assumed the pickle thing was a tragic accident I was going to have to live with.

So I took the damn burger. I take my first bite as Zurok flips open his burger and,......horror of horrors,....there lies a pickle. He ordered the cheeseburger/no pickle. I said, "I got the one with no pickle,.....wanna trade?",.....as I reached out my hand with the freshly bitten burger.

He looked at me like I'd just strangled his favorite kitten. I don't know how he survived it.

Last edited:

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not exactly. There were over a dozen of us seated at a bunch of tables crammed into the middle of the dining area. We all placed orders. Some time later several girls came out with food and started calling out the orders and people took what was theirs. Everybody around me got their order but nothing for me. A few minutes later an order came out and the lady called out 'cheeseburger, no pickle'. Well, I ordered a cheeseburger but hadn't said anything about 'no pickle' so I just sat here. She called out three more times with no takers and then glared at me. I looked around the table and saw food in front of everybody else so I assumed the pickle thing was a tragic accident I was going to have to live with.

So I took the damn burger. I take my first bite as Zurok flips open his burger and,......horror of horrors,....there lies a pickle. He ordered the cheeseburger/no pickle. I said, "I got the one with no pickle,.....wanna trade?",.....as I reached out my hand with the freshly bitten burger.

He looked at me like I'd just strangled his favorite kitten. I don't know how he survived it.
    Most likely.... witha pickle

Top Bottom