• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FieldShunt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    For folks in the northwest corner of the state who are interested getting a bit more involved in action pistol and specifically USPSA shooting, the North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton/Valparaiso is having its 2009 USPSA Committee Planning meeting at 10am, Saturday, January 10th, 2009. We've rented one of the conference rooms at the Cabela's-Hammond store on Indianapolis Blvd, just south of I-80/94. The room is adjacent to the restaurant at the back of the second floor.
    We'll have coffee and pastries and that sort of thing.

In 2008, we experimented with the "Stage Director" type of match planning, in which matches are broken down into individual stages and one person, the stage director, is responsible for putting on that one single stage, for one single month.
    The experiment seems to have been a big success. The stages run this way were of higher quality and complexity than usual, but the big benefit was that everyone involved was a lot less stressed. The load on each person seemed much less, and with less to worry about, more got done.
    We intend to go through the whole '09 season this way and we're having a meeting to work out the fine points and start the stage assignment process. Of course, we won't be coming up with all 32 assignments this particular day, but we do want to get the ball rolling.

We're not extending the invitation necessarily to say, "take a stage!", but rather to lay out the overall plan. You don't have to be a member of either NPCCC or USPSA (although it wouldn't hurt).
    Nor will we be insisting on instant commitments. If you're interested in USPSA shooting and might want to pitch in a little bit and get involved, here's a chance. It's also a chance to mooch free donuts.
    No RSVP is needed, but it'd help if you'd let me know you're coming so there can be enough seats.
    The club website is: North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton, Indiana.
    I can be e-mailed at billATcherryriverDOTcom.
    Thanks
    Bill

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's how we used to run the old Coal Creek Gun Club USPSA matches back in the mid 1990s until we lost the range and the club dissolved. It worked out pretty well, but in those days a club match typically had only three stages, with one being a classifier. If no one volunteered for a given match date, we just cancelled the match.

I think it's one of the better ways to do things.

FieldShunt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    NPCCC's regular USPSA match season dates are 9am Central time, the first Sunday of the month, April through November.
    November is traditionally a special, and should be a 3-gun this year.
    Also, we plan to make the August 2nd, 2009 date an all-classifer match with seven or maybe eight stages.

turnandshoot4- Yes, I got the PMs but I am not yet able to reply via PM yet on this Forum. Sorry.
    You can e-mail me at billATcherryriverDOTcom if you need to.

Top Bottom