Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So the mere ownership of a lawful product now gives NY cops the power to kick in your doors in the middle of the night to search your home.

If I typed out a reply detailing what I would do if that happened to me this thread would be locked fast.

Just like the others.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    That sucks. Keep electing the same type of people and you'll keep getting the same type of laws.

I'm voting Libertarian.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ah, if only the fact that you're voting for them would get them elected.
    It will, if enough principled people do it. If they choose instead to vote for the same old politicians then nothing will ever change. Some people choose to be hamsters on wheel, who just change directions every so often and some choose to not be. I'll stay off the wheel, thank you.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    So the mere ownership of a lawful product now gives NY cops the power to kick in your doors in the middle of the night to search your home.

Apparently so.

Is anyone else noticing a seriously disturbing theme happening around this nation?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

If I typed out a reply detailing what I would do if that happened to me this thread would be locked fast.

Just like the others.

Why? We don't lock threads for people saying they would scream as the flash-bangs went off and shake their heads back and forth to clear the cobwebs as they woke up rudely from sleep as they were being handcuffed, eyes streaming from the pepper spray. :dunno:

It's easy to claim you'd do something else, but the reality is that there's a reason they use "dynamic entry": It works.

I don't like it, but not liking a fact doesn't make it false.

and yes, those laws need changed to disallow abuses of rights from continuing.

Blessings,
    Bill

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Why? We don't lock threads for people saying they would scream as the flash-bangs went off and shake their heads back and forth to clear the cobwebs as they woke up rudely from sleep as they were being handcuffed, eyes streaming from the pepper spray. :dunno:

It's easy to claim you'd do something else, but the reality is that there's a reason they use "dynamic entry": It works.

I don't like it, but not liking a fact doesn't make it false.

and yes, those laws need changed to disallow abuses of rights from continuing.

Blessings,
    Bill

I have to ask... are you trying to prod me into saying something I shouldn't say on the internet?

You say that like the interior of every house is the same. They're not. Dynamic entries work. No argument here. But not necessarily every single time.

I'll just say this: lol at kicking in my bedroom door.

You're also assuming all my guns are at my house and there's no such thing as "later." You know, times and places of my choosing, where I can properly plan things out and be as sociopathic and evil as I want to be.

Last edited:

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    But for the saftey of the children you must keep all your guns in one spot that is easy to "secure" or you might lose count or forget where you put it. I guess it happens?
    How could this make it past 2A challenges? Where is the ACLU now?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Legislation is signed into law with the stroke of a pen. Crayon for some politicians, but usually a pen.

That's multiple pens--sponsor, committee, clear both chambers and then signed into law. Hardly a "stroke of the pen" scenario.

It would have to be multiple statutes as well. Not going to happen here.

However, I am all for abolishing the LTCH requirement . . . of course if more INGO members would have helped me on the Rex Early campaign.:D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have to ask... are you trying to prod me into saying something I shouldn't say on the internet?

You say that like the interior of every house is the same. They're not. Dynamic entries work. No argument here. But not necessarily every single time.

I'll just say this: lol at kicking in my bedroom door.

You're also assuming all my guns are at my house and there's no such thing as "later." You know, times and places of my choosing, where I can properly plan things out and be as sociopathic and evil as I want to be.

Nope. I'm not into entrapment. FWIW, though, yes, my sarcastic streak got the better of me and for that I apologize. What I'm saying is that unless your bedroom is set up like a bunker, there is a way in. I don't know about your community, but where I am, building codes require there be at least two ways out of any bedroom, a door and a window at a minimum. If it can be used to get out, it can be used to get in, too, and yes, I'm aware of things that can be done to windows to make them more difficult to get through.

No, I suppose dynamic entries don't always work, but if you think the plans for the building of your home aren't available anywhere, either your house is very old, you built it yourself and modified things from how you wrote your plan, or you're likely mistaken. At a minimum, aerial photos can show a basic shape and even *I* have access to Google Earth.

And yeah, I suppose if you live through the scenario, you might plot revenge, but that's not for discussion here.

Much better to discuss changing the laws to make these travesties come to an end or at a minimum, be far more strictly regulated.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I know New York state would like to be a 2A-free-zone, but what about 4A?

How do they expect to use evidence from those searches? You can get a search warrant on almost nothing, but "So-and-so has a bunch of registered guns, and we don't know whether he stores them legally" isn't almost nothing ... it's nothing, in Fourth Amendment terms. Right?

This kind of case would be a real gut-check for the ACLU. The Fourth Amendment is being trampled by these searches, and that's their thing, right? They DO defend the Fourth Amendment, as should we all. But to do so would require collaterally defending gun rights, and I'm guessing that would not be popular among their staff or their donors.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nope. I'm not into entrapment. FWIW, though, yes, my sarcastic streak got the better of me and for that I apologize. What I'm saying is that unless your bedroom is set up like a bunker, there is a way in. I don't know about your community, but where I am, building codes require there be at least two ways out of any bedroom, a door and a window at a minimum. If it can be used to get out, it can be used to get in, too, and yes, I'm aware of things that can be done to windows to make them more difficult to get through.

No, I suppose dynamic entries don't always work, but if you think the plans for the building of your home aren't available anywhere, either your house is very old, you built it yourself and modified things from how you wrote your plan, or you're likely mistaken. At a minimum, aerial photos can show a basic shape and even *I* have access to Google Earth.

And yeah, I suppose if you live through the scenario, you might plot revenge, but that's not for discussion here.

Much better to discuss changing the laws to make these travesties come to an end or at a minimum, be far more strictly regulated.

Blessings,
    Bill

That's cool. I thought as much, but decided to throw that question out anyway. ;)

There's not a door in the world that can't be breached. But breaching it quickly enough to get the drop on someone on the other side is a different matter. Even if they knew what they're getting into with that door, it would still take time to get through it, even if they're using breaching charges. It will add enough time to their raid that they won't get the drop on me. They'll get through it, sure. But they certainly won't be able to just run on through like they could with MOST interior doors. The bottom line is, the odds are significantly in my favor to not find myself waking up surrounded with guns in my face and crying from the pepper spray.

I also agree about changing the law. That is by far the more palatable option. But sometimes things happen before that comes to fruition.

Finally, this is all moot as far as Indiana goes, since that's not the law here, and it's highly unlikely it would ever BECOME the law here. We value our rights more than that.

:)

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Are you really a state's rights guy advocate if you aren't for states rights?

If New York wants to have such backward law, let them. Let's have a place all the looney tunes left leaning fruitbags can all go. New York is as good a place as any.

You can address a situation in one state with one law, and have a totally different legal solution in another state. If you don't like the law, you can move. After all, isn't that the beauty of the republic?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If New York wants to have such backward law, let them. Let's have a place all the looney tunes left leaning fruitbags can all go. New York is as good a place as any.

New York cannot violate the Constitution--Article IV, Fourteenth Amendment.
    [SIZE=+1] [/SIZE]
    This is why we have the Fourteenth Amendment to prevent the states (at the time the Framers were concerned about the South) from tyrannizing its citizens.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    New York cannot violate the Constitution--Article IV, Fourteenth Amendment.

This is why we have the Fourteenth Amendment to prevent the states (at the time the Framers were concerned about the South) from tyrannizing its NEW citizens.

FIFY

I get it, but here is the Catch-22. the 14th Amendment was written to protect a new class of citizens 150 years ago. Now it is used to eliminate state sovereignty and erode to the point of destroying state's rights. There really is no reason to have states anymore.

Top Bottom