• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Coumocare

I guess that should be called Cuomocare. I think, since we live in the age of the lawsuit, a gun owner, or home owner for that matter, should have extra liability insurance. I have had a 1 million dollar personal liability policy for seveal years. It's not very expensive but forcing you to have it in order to own a gun is another unacceptable intrusion.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Iassume even in Indiana if you shoot an intruder...you won't get thrown in jail...but is there any civil protections against a frivolous lawsuit?

Oh...and ofr the OP....it ticks me off they are pulling that crap.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    This really is turning into nothing but an assault on law abiding citizens. It has nothing to do with criminals (other than creating many that didnt exist before).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Keep voting for liberals NY.

When people ask "how bad can it get?" You're setting the example. 50 laboratories of freedom--I'm glad the meltdown is contained state by state.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This really is turning into nothing but an assault on law abiding citizens. It has nothing to do with criminals (other than creating many that didnt exist before).
    Exactly. Do they really think that criminals and thugs are concerned about things such as liability insurance? Think about it libs. :rolleyes:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    It would appear NYS is really trying to enslave the citizens. Russia tried this under the czars, and look where that got them.

And how about liability insurance to exercise your 4th or 5th Amendment Rights, or a bill that mandates criminal defendants must post a trial-costs bond prior to trial, which would forfeit to the State in the event of their conviction.

Sounds reasonable to me...

Exactly. Do they really think that criminals and thugs are concerned about things such as liability insurance? Think about it libs. :rolleyes:

Libs? Think? Your premise is false.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    If one nut goes out and shoots a bunch of people, he is already breaking laws. What makes Washington think that another law is going to deter those acts?

In life, one's opinion is not respected unless it is an informed one. So, why is America allowing all these uninformed opinions turn into laws? The people trying to ban a certain kind of firearm because it is "more dangerous" than another do not know anything about firearms.

jlgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    Clarksville
    what would be great is the news flash of a large amount of moving trucks leaving those states boarders. leaving the state with only law makers, criminals.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    What scares me is what will happen if someone is finally pushed too far, and decides to show the New York State government what the second amendment was written for? Will people see beyond the news media branding the person a kook? The average sheep would believe the news media, but I believe the informed firearm owners will know better.

I just hope they, we never get to that final straw that breaks the camel's back.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Wonder if the citizens of NY are going to do any slapping back....

I won't hold my breath. They are the same citizens that voted for these "representatives".

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Of course the bill exempts peace officers, because they never have a negligent discharge or fire at a perpetrator with 50 civilians directly in the line of fire. Not New York police at least.

Top Bottom