• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You guys should have seen California back when we had a "Drought" and cities would come around and ticket you for washing your car, hosing your walkways/driveways, filling your pool, watering your lawn, etc... Everyone's grass died and turned brown.

Then there were companies (I kid you not) that would "PAINT" your lawn green for you. They were handing out business cards and they would put little signs up on lawns they did already. :n00b:

It was a very weird place to live.

I didn't live there but I remember that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    71KY%2B632-rL._SY606_.jpg

I've tried the pooper scoopers before, but sometimes ya just need to dig down in the grass to get it all. Besides, it's a good way to reuse my grocery bags. I'm being green. Saving the earth one bag of poop at a time! :):

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    You guys should have seen California back when we had a "Drought" and cities would come around and ticket you for washing your car, hosing your walkways/driveways, filling your pool, watering your lawn, etc... Everyone's grass died and turned brown.

Then there were companies (I kid you not) that would "PAINT" your lawn green for you. They were handing out business cards and they would put little signs up on lawns they did already. :n00b:

We lived there then, left in 1994. Exactly as you described we had Water Police. Didn't mention that while this was happening the lawns at the schools, government buildings and city golf courses were being watered daily.! Often the water was running in the streets. Their explaination was that the systems were programmed and couldn' be changed.

Don

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Saw that a lot in of all places, Oklahoma! Supposedly it was some kind of fertilizer as well as a dye. Pretty obvious it was painted on but different strokes and all thT.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If it makes anyone feel better:

#1 All the clover i just killed in my lawn was WHITE clover (Trimec is green supremacist). (BTW- ever sprayed every square inch of a 1.1 acre front yard with a 4 gallon backpack sprayer? I have. I'm only spot killing large weeds in the back...the horse likes the clover)

#2 My string trimmer is electric (EGO w/ 5ah battery- best trimmer I've ever had). Sure, I charge it with electricity largely obtained from a coal-fired generator in Wheatfield, but hey....Electric!

#3 No resources have been consumed to build my mowing equipment in 22 years and 68 years respectively. The JD 325 was made in 1997 and the A-C B tractor was made in 1951.

Clearly, I'm doing what I can to use my lawn in the cause of social justice. Now just don't pull into my 100 yard long driveway I will either point a 9mm at your head rather than say: "Can't you see the gravel, I don't need asphalt sealing" or get real nervous when you get out of a delivery van with a distinctive Amazon box in your hands.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If it makes anyone feel better:

#1 All the clover i just killed in my lawn was WHITE clover (Trimec is green supremacist). (BTW- ever sprayed every square inch of a 1.1 acre front yard with a 4 gallon backpack sprayer? I have. I'm only spot killing large weeds in the back...the horse likes the clover)

#2 My string trimmer is electric (EGO w/ 5ah battery- best trimmer I've ever had). Sure, I charge it with electricity largely obtained from a coal-fired generator in Wheatfield, but hey....Electric!

#3 No resources have been consumed to build my mowing equipment in 22 years and 68 years respectively. The JD 325 was made in 1997 and the A-C B tractor was made in 1951.

Clearly, I'm doing what I can to use my lawn in the cause of social justice. Now just don't pull into my 100 yard long driveway I will either point a 9mm at your head rather than say: "Can't you see the gravel, I don't need asphalt sealing" or get real nervous when you get out of a delivery van with a distinctive Amazon box in your hands.
    I love EGO electric stuff. I have the weed eater, blower, multi-head system with trimmer and edger, chain saw, and push mower. It's generally not much more to get another power tool than it is to buy a battery.

The trimmer is a beast. I use it to cut down all of the weeds and bushes that grow around the pastures.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...The trimmer is a beast. I use it to cut down all of the weeds and bushes that grow around the pastures.

It is. I've had gas-powered trimmers in the past and none powered through the weeds better than this and the best thing- slap the battery in it, squeeze the lever and trigger and it goes- every single time. No flooding and having to take the spark plug out. No clogged air filters or fuel lines. It just works.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It is. I've had gas-powered trimmers in the past and none powered through the weeds better than this and the best thing- slap the battery in it, squeeze the lever and trigger and it goes- every single time. No flooding and having to take the spark plug out. No clogged air filters or fuel lines. It just works.
    Don't forget quiet and cool as well.

With the four batteries I have and my quick charger, I never run out of juice either. The quick charger will charge a battery in the time it takes to use one up.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Three things:

1. “Racism...racism everywhere!” :rolleyes:

2. Having a dog kennel, one of the best pooper scoopers is the 8” wide mini leaf rake like they make for kids. Rural King makes a set with one and a good scooper.

3. I switched from gas to electric on all my small engine stuff, except for my tractor. I use the Menards Masterforce 20v Lithium kit and now have a drill, impact driver, sawzall, circular saw, palm sander, weedeater and leaf blower. Only thing I’m missing is a chainsaw, which they don’t make :(. I don’t make a living with those tools and if I did I’d go Milwaukee or DeWalt, but they’ve been fantastic.

Top Bottom