NY Times: Why Does the US Military Celebrate White Supremacy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    The lost causers are still out there.

As are the knee-jerkers and dog-pilers, but this is INGO, so it seems quite natural. I guess I could have voiced my support for States' rights more eloquently, but I'm obviously just a pro-slavery racist, so it would have came out wrong anyhow. I'm glad I didn't refer to it as the "War of Northern Aggression", cause the pantytwisting might have caused physical damage to the wearers.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wow.

As are the knee-jerkers and dog-pilers, but this is INGO, so it seems quite natural. I guess I could have voiced my support for States' rights more eloquently, but I'm obviously just a pro-slavery racist, so it would have came out wrong anyhow. I'm glad I didn't refer to it as the "War of Northern Aggression", cause the pantytwisting might have caused physical damage to the wearers.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm glad I didn't refer to it as the "War of Northern Aggression", cause the pantytwisting might have caused physical damage to the wearers.

save-image.jpg

morons.jpg

...I'm obviously just a pro-slavery racist...

Prettymuch.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "Lost Cause" does not really imply pro-slavery. It refers to historical revisionism which took hold in the early 20th Century that attempts to cast the rebellion as for some grand cause other than the preservation of slavery. While there were things other than slavery involved, slavery was the primary mover and the "but for" cause of the war.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ...and at the time, it may have made sense.

Not so much now since the Confederacy passed out of whatever existence it may have had 155 years ago.

Horrible to publish that on Memorial Day. That in and of itself shows that the Times editorial staff are a-holes and America haters. To headline this in a way that flat-out accuses the present military of white-supremacy is indefensible.

That being said, other than inertia, I don't see a reason to not change the names at this point.

How is that substantially different from taking the knee, you are advocating acquiescence to the demands of the mob and I'm uncertain that you have a clear idea of what the next demands will be or where this might end

I have legalized robbery, called it belief
    I have run with the money, I have hid like a thief
    Rewritten history with my armies of my crooks
    Invented memories, I did burn all the books

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Determining NOT to do something because a “mob” wants it isn’t thinking. It’s reactionary. The mob is not always wrong about all things. If it’s the better course, do it even if it’s what your political enemies want.

They are not wrong to want the names of confederate generals, especially those who expressed racist ideals, removed from places of honor. The “mob” doesn’t control my thoughts one way or the other, but if one determines that no matter what, if the “mob” wants it, I don’t, they DO control you.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Just a few ideas from WW2:

Fort George C. Marshall
    Fort Audie L. Murphy
    Fort Lyle J. Bouck
    Fort William George Meeks (Patton’s orderly)
    Fort Matthew B. Ridgway
    Fort James M. Gavin
    Fort James A. Van Fleet
    Fort Ernest Harmon
    Fort Bill Mauldin

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just a few ideas from WW2:

Fort George C. Marshall
    Fort Audie L. Murphy
    Fort Lyle J. Bouck
    Fort William George Meeks (Patton’s orderly)
    Fort Matthew B. Ridgway
    Fort James M. Gavin
    Fort James A. Van Fleet
    Fort Ernest Harmon
    Fort Bill Mauldin

That won't work, the military was segregated back then so the left won't have any of that. We probably have to just give up on naming them after a person, somebody can always dig up something. Maybe just numbers say Fort 1, Fort 2 lol.

Top Bottom