• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    Anyone else see NYC's new law as a good thing? I mean the ban in and of its self is a bad thing yes, but it clearly demonstrates the aim and the trend: first 15rd magazines are ok. Then no those are dangerous only less than 10rd are ok. No wait those are dangerous too only 7rd is acceptable.

Yes all us smarties knew this is/was the plan but we should be vocalizing that this is absurd and a slippery slope! Now we have demonstrative proof that this is the trend and it is critical to be vociferous and adamant that continuing this trend pushes us to single shot and then no shot firearms!

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    The problem is, those who know it's a slippery slope already knew.

The others didn't care because getting to the bottom of the slope is their agenda. Those people aren't going to care now either.

So no, it's entirely a bad thing.

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    I understand what you are saying but I posit still that there are worse places to be than to have one state that enacts such a law and allows public scrutiny rather than a national law that would be more difficult to overturn later.

I offer further that it is up to us to force the media (probably just fox news in this case) to make note of what is going on and where this is headed and to demand that it stop.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...and what happens if the incidents of criminal firearms attacks does not go up, or, for any number of unrelated reasons, goes down? Proof that it worked.

schhrdkncks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Ohio county Indiana
    Fine with me the original intent of the bill of rights was a limitation on federal power not states. I only have problems with all federal gun laws. I believe in states rights and I have 50 choices on where I want to live. NY can run NY however it wants as long as they dont tell IN how it should be run.

Jdmcx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2012
    they woun't be happy until we are like Barney Fife, gun on hip one bullet in your pocket!

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    Fine with me the original intent of the bill of rights was a limitation on federal power not states. I only have problems with all federal gun laws. I believe in states rights and I have 50 choices on where I want to live. NY can run NY however it wants as long as they dont tell IN how it should be run.

Yup-in fact it may ultimately allow the supreme court to take pause and say look this is a state matter. They can ban what they want to a greater degree than that fed government can. I think that would be a big win for us.

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    It's a bad trend that they don't care if anyone recognizes or not-- either way they view it as progress for there agenda. Politicians are focused on the 8%, 15% of the weapons used in violent crimes were not guns or knives of which 6% reported they didn't know what weapon was used; 8% guns and 6% knives followed.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I think localized experiments are always a good thing... as long as I'm not a part of it.

Think of how bad Chicago has failed... that city has given the rest of us plenty of data to support the fact that illegalizing guns = bad.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    ...and what happens if the incidents of criminal firearms attacks does not go up, or, for any number of unrelated reasons, goes down? Proof that it worked.

They already have that script ready to go too... They'll continue to blame Virginia's lax gun laws.

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    Think of how bad Chicago has failed... that city has given the rest of us plenty of data to support the fact that illegalizing guns = bad.

And yet here we are waiting on DiFi to tell us our rights lol

I think localized experiments are always a good thing... as long as I'm not a part of it.

Generally I agree-localized experiments are actually quite reasonable-it's certainly part of how we got Concealed carry authorized in 98% of the states!

Top Bottom